Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The absurdity of the GOP position on spending

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 07 February 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

But that would go against the "no tax increase agreement" many Republicans signed.

I think it also goes against the "nobody is allowed to have fun" platform so central to the party. :P

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#17    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Well here's the thing.  I was completely ready for "the fiscal cliff" and the sequestration cuts.  Hell I wanted them to get a running start and jump off that damn cliff.

I do not understand why people do not see the need for spending cuts and increases in revenue...both.  We MUST get our house in order.  It's the principle of the matter if nothing else.  What type of example are we sending out to the minds of the youth?  It's ok to spend money you don't have...it's ok to be irresponsible.  I think that is a bad thing to do.

I believe in fiscal responsibility.  I hear people say that foreign aid is a 'small percentage of our problem"...or this is a small percentage...or that is a small percentage...but you add them all together and they actually make a dent...they become a bigger percentage.  Cut the military back to a defending force....no one say to drop research and development....but drop the "globalism"...If there is not a "clear and present danger"...shut the damn money eating bases down.  Why do we still have bases in Germany again?  Are they not a sovereign nation?  Let them tend to their own borders and we will tend to ours.  We p!ss away so much money on that arrangement it is staggering...

It's also time to put people to work.  If you are physically capable and out of work and on benefits...I am sure there are some state and federal projects that could use some man power...want a check and some food stamps?  Find your work boots.  But...I am waiting for the flashback on this...there used to be an old saying...those that don't contribute and help out don't get to eat....

I am not talking about starvation austerity...I am talking about some damn common sense.  I am sick of the media and military propaganda that says we need to keep spending this or that over here or over there...nope...you spend no more than you project to take in the next year...period!  In fact...spend 5 to 10% less and apply the remainder to the gigantic hole of debt the last few administrations have created...

/end rant

Edited by Jeremiah65, 07 February 2013 - 03:43 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#18    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 07 February 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Well here's the thing.  I was completely ready for "the fiscal cliff" and the sequestration cuts.  Hell I wanted them to get a running start and jump off that damn cliff.

I do not understand why people do not see the need for spending cuts and increases in revenue...both.  We MUST get our house in order.  It's the principle of the matter if nothing else.  What type of example are we sending out to the minds of the youth?  It's ok to spend money you don't have...it's ok to be irresponsible.  I think that is a bad thing to do.

I believe in fiscal responsibility.  I hear people say that foreign aid is a 'small percentage of our problem"...or this is a small percentage...or that is a small percentage...but you add them all together and they actually make a dent...they become a bigger percentage.  Cut the military back to a defending force....no one say to drop research and development....but drop the "globalism"...If there is not a "clear and present danger"...shut the damn money eating bases down.  Why do we still have bases in Germany again?  Are they not a sovereign nation?  Let them tend to their own borders and we will tend to ours.  We p!ss away so much money on that arrangement it is staggering...

It's also time to put people to work.  If you are physically capable and out of work and on benefits...I am sure there are some state and federal projects that could use some man power...want a check and some food stamps?  Find your work boots.  But...I am waiting for the flashback on this...there used to be an old saying...those that don't contribute and help out don't get to eat....

I am not talking about starvation austerity...I am talking about some damn common sense.  I am sick of the media and military propaganda that says we need to keep spending this or that over here or over there...nope...you spend no more than you project to take in the next year...period!  In fact...spend 5 to 10% less and apply the remainder to the gigantic hole of debt the last few administrations have created...

/end rant

You are talking about the same party that believes its okay for you to have to give a urine sample to stay employed and pay taxes but it somehow becomes demeaning when you ask someone to do it before picking up their welfare and food stamps that were paid for by your taxes.
No welfare programs will ever be cut by the Democrats because that's how they keep their voter base.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users