Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Teen Who Gave Judge the Finger Sent to Jail

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,449 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostMichelle, on 09 February 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

Update: She humbly went before the judge and apologized....he let her out of the 30 days.

good for both of them ...    judge showed compassion and wisdom.   (the fact she could probably charm him into doing the 30 days for her aside)  :P

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#32    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,983 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Oh, what disappointing turn of events!

I anticipated that after a few days, the judge might decide to offer a positive alternative to spending 30 days in jail- such as community service, (I would have agreed with that) but I think he undermined himself by 1) apparently attributing her courtroom behavior to her having been under the influence (it shouldn't matter- there still should be consequences), and 2) he suggested (in other words) that she wasn't entirely responsible because of outside influences!
Anyway, it appears she's completely off the hook on that part of her trouble.

I don't know if she's an addict, but she's clearly on the wrong track to have been charged with possession, so no matter what, I do think counseling is a positive step re: the drug charge.

#33    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostEldorado, on 08 February 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Please believe me.  The only things you learn in a prison are how to lie, cheat and steal without caring.

Yea because only good law abiding honest folk go into prison, they COME OUT as liars and thieves  :P

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#34    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostMichelle, on 07 February 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

Sometimes stupid people get a little smarter when they are put in an uncomfortable situation. :tu:
But addict or mentally unbalanced are not stupid.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#35    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Crime and Punishment. Fjodor.

Now thats why we often say that when you are in court you are not there for justice or truth. You are there for law and punishment. Although in my country reason of court is to found out truth.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users