Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teen Who Gave Judge the Finger Sent to Jail

Insanity

I found this highly amusing, perhaps because it is not atypical behavior for American teens, and I have a twisted sense of humor.

Includes a video of the judge and teenager.

Never mess with people who have the power to make your life miserable. That includes DMV employees, waiters and baggage handlers. And judges. Especially them.

A Miami woman facing drug charges made her situation much worse when she laughed at and then flipped off the man with the gavel. File this case under: Ill advised.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/giggling-woman-flips-judge-bird-judge-not-amused-210739814.html

I saw this yesterday on Fox News. Good for the judge. Hope that girl learns her lesson. Someone like that needs to be straighten out!

• Like 2

I see too many teenagers like that, being highly disrespectful, at least in my locale.

• Like 2

This is what is wrong with so many kids nowadays, no respect for others. This is a judge! What the Hell was she thinking!?

• Like 2

Rick Ross is never the correct answer.

Perhaps while playing Jeopardy under the Rappers category.

This is what is wrong with so many kids nowadays, no respect for others. This is a judge! What the Hell was she thinking!?

Indeed. The problem may begin with the lack of any discipline at home or school throughout their lives until 18 or so, or at least in my opinion.

At the end she said "That's fine" when told she got 30 days in jail. I would have called her back and give her 3 months, and ask her if that was fine. And if she said anything more I would have added another month.

• Like 3

I love it this little smart a$$ got what she deserved. Who does she think she is Linsey Lohan LOL

• Like 3

What are her odds of getting out on good behaviour :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I love it this little smart a$$ got what she deserved. Who does she think she is Linsey Lohan LOL

This just proves one of my fathers favorite sayings... "When someone tries to act like a smart a$$, they always end up looking like a dumb a$$."

• Like 2

This just proves one of my fathers favorite sayings... "When someone tries to act like a smart a$$, they always end up looking like a dumb a$$."

Lol I like it!

I think it's a bit silly sending her to jail when there's rapists and kiddy fiddlers walking about

• Like 3

I think it's a bit silly sending her to jail when there's rapists and kiddy fiddlers walking about

Agreed. Should've just fined her a butt load of money.

• Like 2

The way the courts are set up that particular Judge would probably not handle a case like murder of kiddy fiddling... Nor will that silly young woman go to the same jail they would... They would go to prison, she will go to (county - or city) jail... As for the jail time instead of a higher fine, he had already upped her bail and it didn't seem to faze her a bit... plus how much money could that idiot have had anyway...

• Like 1

As for the jail time instead of a higher fine, he had already upped her bail and it didn't seem to faze her a bit... plus how much money could that idiot have had anyway...

Right, Taun?! Well, you know, she might could have paid her bail AND a fine with that expensive jewelry she spoke so giddy of....

Anyway, hopefully she's learned something about boundaries, self control, and consequences.

I think chances are pretty darn good that she'll mind her manners the next time she's in front of a judge... she better be :innocent: !

• Like 1

If she's an addict or mentally unbalanced, prison is the wrong place for her. (In my opinion)

Prison is for bad people, not stupid people.

If she's an addict or mentally unbalanced, prison is the wrong place for her. (In my opinion)

Prison is for bad people, not stupid people.

Sometimes stupid people get a little smarter when they are put in an uncomfortable situation. :tu:

• Like 4

Sometimes stupid people get a little smarter when they are put in an uncomfortable situation. :tu:

Please believe me. The only things you learn in a prison are how to lie, cheat and steal without caring. It's like college for criminals. I was in prison for assault once. A simple fight that got out of hand. While inside, I learned how to open the back of a safe with a cold chisel and how to open locked windows without leaving any sign of tampering. It was also easier to buy dope than it is outside.

it' s a bad place for really bad people.

• Like 3

Please believe me. The only things you learn in a prison are how to lie, cheat and steal without caring. It's like college for criminals. I was in prison for assault once. A simple fight that got out of hand. While inside, I learned how to open the back of a safe with a cold chisel and how to open locked windows without leaving any sign of tampering. It was also easier to buy dope than it is outside.

I can second that in my own way. Never been locked up (yet) but spent some time in rehab for alcohol and met some VERY interesting people who taught me more about booze and drugs than I ever wanted to know. Including how to create my own stuff. Fortunately I wasn't inclined to experiment at that point in my life so I avoided any further trouble - it also helped when they talked about seeing the "shadow people". Long term meth use apparently makes one's life interesting in ways too numerous to count.
  • Like 3

This is true. I do know a few people whose parents bailed them out of trouble so many times they finally got tired of it and let them go to prison...or they couldn't get them out of it any longer. They came out brand new people. They found out that they weren't as bad or tough as they thought they were. Even years later they are still on the straight and narrow, have families, decent jobs and don't do anything like drugs or drinking that would ever put them in that situation again. The last thing they want is to go back to jail.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

This girl's going to spend 30 days in jail- not prison, and regardless, wherever she might go, her attitude's gonna go with her.

The thing is, if she can't control her behavior in a courtroom- before a judge, then where can she?

• Like 4

I know it was wrong of the young woman to disrespect the Judge... but i think it was petty of him to get ANGRY and give her 30 days in jail for contempt. 10 days would seem fairer , TO ME. People in positions of power need to be very careful not to abuse that power due to personal feelings. *ADIOS* :w00t:

• Like 3

This is true. I do know a few people whose parents bailed them out of trouble so many times they finally got tired of it and let them go to prison...or they couldn't get them out of it any longer. They came out brand new people. They found out that they weren't as bad or tough as they thought they were. Even years later they are still on the straight and narrow, have families, decent jobs and don't do anything like drugs or drinking that would ever put them in that situation again. The last thing they want is to go back to jail.

You know, I guess the situation has to repeat itself for some people.

Now, I would think that for a 18 year old girl, or anybody! the moment of arrest- that moment when one's freedom is taken away- would create an immediate attitude adjustment, let alone what folllows- strip search...jail uniform...!

I can't imagine feeling anything but humbled!

I want to add...and very, very serious!

Edited by regi
  • Like 3

I know it was wrong of the young woman to disrespect the Judge... but i think it was petty of him to get ANGRY and give her 30 days in jail for contempt. 10 days would seem fairer , TO ME. People in positions of power need to be very careful not to abuse that power due to personal feelings. *ADIOS* :w00t:

Consequences can be tough. :passifier:

• Like 3

I think she should of been given a fine to be honest. she's probably going to come out worse after going to jail

• Like 1