Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Women Need AR-15 (Scary Looking Guns)

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

Does banning weapons with firing characteristics friendly to female gun owners disproportionately discriminate against women?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

Yes ! If we could carry them,rapes would be almost non existent ,as would guys who stood women up on dates.

Heh heh heh

Miss me?

#3    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,008 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

My car needs a mounted machine gun.

#4    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,460 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

I wouldn't put it past this dumb GOV to allow women and minority so-called 'groups' the right to an assault weapon... but them only!

lol... jk

Affirmative Action on steroids.

Edited by acidhead, 07 February 2013 - 05:47 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#5    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,649 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

I found out yesterday, with a couple of guys that were trying to steal something, little ol' me is pretty scary without a gun. :lol: :tu:

That being said, a handgun is all I will ever need.

Edited by Michelle, 07 February 2013 - 06:53 AM.

#6    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,457 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

Actually an AR-15 is the ideal gun for a woman against one or more assailants trying to invade her home.  It can be fired accurately from the hip with minimum practice, can put multiple rounds on target with ease and is loud enough that only the most committed of intruders would continue once it is fired in their direction.  Recoil is almost nothing - sweet weapon.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#7    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

View Postand then, on 07 February 2013 - 07:56 AM, said:

Actually an AR-15 is the ideal gun for a woman against one or more assailants trying to invade her home.  It can be fired accurately from the hip with minimum practice, can put multiple rounds on target with ease and is loud enough that only the most committed of intruders would continue once it is fired in their direction.  Recoil is almost nothing - sweet weapon.
I remember the first time I fired one.  I was 11 or 12 in the Boy Scouts and one year we took our annual trip to the shooting range, one of the scout's fathers brought his AR-15 and let us each take three shots with it.  I remember I was intimidated at first by how it looked but fell in love with it in three rounds.   From 50 yards I painted three holes through the center of the bullseye effortlessly.   I wanted to shoot it again badly, but it was time to leave.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,457 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostYamato, on 07 February 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

I remember the first time I fired one.  I was 11 or 12 in the Boy Scouts and one year we took our annual trip to the shooting range, one of the scout's fathers brought his AR-15 and let us each take three shots with it.  I remember I was intimidated at first by how it looked but fell in love with it in three rounds.   From 50 yards I painted three holes through the center of the bullseye effortlessly.   I wanted to shoot it again badly, but it was time to leave.
Back in 1998 I joined a shooting club and got into "service rifle" competition.  You could compete with the AR or the M1A and it could be customized except for the weight of the trigger break.  We fired 200yds standing off hand, 400 yds seated with sling and 600 yds prone.  A bull on a 600 yd target was 3 feet across and looked like a black match head!  All iron sights, no optics - I LOVED it!

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostMichelle, on 07 February 2013 - 06:18 AM, said:

I found out yesterday, with a couple of guys that were trying to steal something, little ol' me is pretty scary without a gun. :lol: :tu:

That being said, a handgun is all I will ever need.

AK 47 ,with a silencer and a nightscope, or a nice 9mm.....
*sighs*

Miss me?

#10    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

the  perfect  fire  arm  is  a 12 gauge  pump shot  gun ...  the  only  training  you  need  is   to  say  in  a loud  voice  "  honey ,  is  that  you  ? "   and  chamber  a  round  with  as  great  a  sound  as  practical .

my  target  rifle  is  a bolt action , model  of  1918  enfeild with  a welded   weiver  rail ,   a  ultra  fancy  black  oak   thumb hole  stock , timeny target  trigger   and  a  34 inch   stainless  steel , 11:1  micro groove  25  lans/groove  high  pressure  barrel  with  11  degree   target  muzzel  chambered  in  3o.o6.
the  rifle  weight  is   18  pounds  with  out  the  scope ,  and  just  less  than  20  pounds  with  a  full  magizine  and  scope.

the  88mm (  3  inch  ) objective  on  the  12x-36x power  scope   will  place   1/2  minute  of  angle  when  bench  rested .  i  shoot   2 1/2 moa avarage  seated  on  the  ground  ...   one  minute  of  angle  is  1.o64 inches   @  300 feet ...  or   the  sine  of  1/60th of  a  degree x  3600 inches .

most  avarage  rifles  direct from  the  factory   will  shoot   2  moa  bench  rested  and  most  untrained   shooters  will  shoot   3moa  to  5moa  seated   ... and/or...   5mao  to  15moa  when  standing  and  unsupported .

most  (  nearly  all )   united  states  marines   shoot   1moa   to  2  moa  ,  and  are  likely  the  standard  by  which   shooting   is  measured .

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Do they fit snugly into the handbags? maybe this would be a good time to make a handbag with a side pocket specially designed to hold one.
We do like our handbags.
Posted Image

"No one is gunna take my bag off me!"

Edited by freetoroam, 07 February 2013 - 12:31 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,448 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

All of the talk about "assault weapons" is silly anyway given how few are actually used to commit crimes each year.

Frankly, more people die in scissor accidents than by "assault weapons".

Edited by Rafterman, 07 February 2013 - 03:22 PM.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#13    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,761 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Here's a bit more from that speech...

#14    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,824 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

View Postand then, on 07 February 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

Back in 1998 I joined a shooting club and got into "service rifle" competition.  You could compete with the AR or the M1A and it could be customized except for the weight of the trigger break.  We fired 200yds standing off hand, 400 yds seated with sling and 600 yds prone.  A bull on a 600 yd target was 3 feet across and looked like a black match head!  All iron sights, no optics - I LOVED it!

I wouldn't go as far as saying its easy to aim from the hip... I really think that would be the worst idea, considering the strength of the round and concerns for overpenetration.

Not even the military fires it from the hip, even when doing room clearing.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#15    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

They might not keep all women safe. Thus we need to ensure that all women have gatling guns. That'll keep them safe...well provided they can develop the upper body strength to carry them. :P

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users