Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Worst Actors/Actresses


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DarkSide of TheMoon

  • "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 07 February 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

I know someone who knows Steve really well. They trained together (aikido) in Osaka for years .
He a nage(takes ukeme,or the fall) for Steve in the movie they made in nyc.I forget the name of it.
I trained with him ,aikido again ,here in nyc when he moved back .
He said he loves Steve ,but he turned into a giant fathead the moment he got big.
I mean he pretty much ditched his two Japanese kids ,moved here ,got famous ,New wife etc etc.

I heard on the news today Steve is going to train security guards for schools.

He is a bada**,done some training with some ufc fighters and all.He just seems like a arrogant a**.Almost van damme-ish lol also another terrible actor,though i do like blood sport haha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#17    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 07 February 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:



He is a bada**,done some training with some ufc fighters and all.He just seems like a arrogant a**.Almost van damme-ish lol also another terrible actor,though i do like blood sport haha
The early van damme stuff was good ,but he screwed over his partner. Michael Quisi I think his name is.
And as an aikido practitioner ,Steve was god to us way back when .
Before he got all fancy,and added all these other martial arts ,we would all go opening night to all his movies.
As he did each technique,we would yell it out ...and all just have this massive catharsis .
Kotegaish ! Irimi nage !

Up until that one movie filmed in nyc,it was awesome .That movie was the turning point ,and he got all fat headed.
The aikido in the one about the Haitian ...or Jamaican twins... Something death. Let me look.

Marked for death .The aikido in that one is unnnbelievable .
Blew me away .
The guy I know who knows him ,his style is just like Steve's .
The dojo they trained at in Osaka ,doesn't train the way we do in Tokyo .
I go to the Hombu dojo ,which is the one that was Morehei Ueshibas dojo
His granson is sensei now .
Some aikido guys,who trained with O sensei ,broke off and formed their own factions.
Tomiki was one ,which was much more brutal than aikido ,and the osaka dojo was just considered a
renegade dojo .
Lots of them were yakuza ,and their style is a bit different than ours .
Another really famous guy came out of that dojo too.
He trained same time as steve towards the end of steves time there.
He was an athlete ,and he wqs in some sort of accident where he ended up paralyzed from the waist down .
A lot of aikido can be done on your knees.
Suare waza its called.
This guy did it all in his wheel chair !
He became a champion too.
They made a movie about him called Aiki .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 07 February 2013 - 06:29 PM.

Miss me?

#18    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DarkSide of TheMoon

  • "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 07 February 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

The early van damme stuff was good ,but he screwed over his partner. Michael Quisi I think his name is.
And as an aikido practitioner ,Steve was god to us way back when .
Before he got all fancy,and added all these other martial arts ,we would all go opening night to all his movies.
As he did each technique,we would yell it out ...and all just have this massive catharsis .
Kotegaish ! Irimi nage !

Up until that one movie filmed in nyc,it was awesome .That movie was the turning point ,and he got all fat headed.
The aikido in the one about the Haitian ...or Jamaican twins... Something death. Let me look.

Marked for death .The aikido in that one is unnnbelievable .
Blew me away .
The guy I know who knows him ,his style is just like Steve's .
The dojo they trained at in Osaka ,doesn't train the way we do in Tokyo .
I go to the Hombu dojo ,which is the one that was Morehei Ueshibas dojo
His granson is sensei now .
Some aikido guys,who trained with O sensei ,broke off and formed their own factions.
Tomiki was one ,which was much more brutal than aikido ,and the osaka dojo was just considered a
renegade dojo .
Lots of them were yakuza ,and their style is a bit different than ours .
Another really famous guy came out of that dojo too.
He trained same time as steve towards the end of steves time there.
He was an athlete ,and he wqs in some sort of accident where he ended up paralyzed from the waist down .
A lot of aikido can be done on your knees.
Suare waza its called.
This guy did it all in his wheel chair !
He became a champion too.
They made a movie about him called Aiki .

Awesome very informative thanks! :) We might have to start a topic on fighting styles and have a talk one day lol

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#19    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 07 February 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:



He is a bada**,done some training with some ufc fighters and all.He just seems like a arrogant a**.Almost van damme-ish lol also another terrible actor,though i do like blood sport haha

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Aiki_(film)

Miss me?

#20    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 07 February 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:



Awesome very informative thanks! :) We might have to start a topic on fighting styles and have a talk one day lol

I've done a lot of martial arts . It's why I have half my injuries .
I was on the judo mat when I was 5 ,because my uncle was a nihan in judo .
The school closed though . I later did tae kwon do ,but being a Bruce lee maven ,I wanted to do jeet kun do .
Hard to do the way Bruce did ,if you didn't have access to every branch of it .
I wanted to do aikido for years,so I went and joined the NY aikikai without even watching a class .
I then co trained in a kung fu style called Xing Yi chuan .
I'm a black belt in both . My kung fu sifu was also a master escrima guy ,so I did end up learning a bit .
He also did ba gua ,but I preferred Xing yi .
My kung fu sifu is also the guy that got me started on the path of Chinese medicine .
He was an acupuncturist and herbalist as well.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 07 February 2013 - 06:44 PM.

Miss me?

#21    regi

regi

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,281 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostTaun, on 07 February 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Sometimes you can see one of those horrid movies where a good or great actor is stuck in it... And it seems like they are looking at the screen and their expression is saying... "Hey... This is stupid... but it pays the bills."

Oh, yeah, I've heard many actors express that... and that no matter what the movie is/was, it's just a job, and that they take what's offered and it mainly depends on what's made available to them.


#22    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DarkSide of TheMoon

  • "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 07 February 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

I've done a lot of martial arts . It's why I have half my injuries .
I was on the judo mat when I was 5 ,because my uncle was a nihan in judo .
The school closed though . I later did tae kwon do ,but being a Bruce lee maven ,I wanted to do jeet kun do .
Hard to do the way Bruce did ,if you didn't have access to every branch of it .
I wanted to do aikido for years,so I went and joined the NY aikikai without even watching a class .
I then co trained in a kung fu style called Xing Yi chuan .
I'm a black belt in both . My kung fu sifu was also a master escrima guy ,so I did end up learning a bit .
He also did ba gua ,but I preferred Xing yi .
My kung fu sifu is also the guy that got me started on the path of Chinese medicine .
He was an acupuncturist and herbalist as well.

I started boxing at age 9 love the sport,just do not like the corruption going on in it which there has always been but is now worse than ever.
Started brazilian jiu jitsu at 19
full on Mixed Martial Arts at 20 been going the past 9 years learning various martial arts from all around and putting them together
I am still a huge fan of bruce lee his philosophy on fighting is why we have MMA today.The man was brilliant,not just in fighting with his body but his mind aswell.

Sorry everyone not trying to go of topic

So i give you this kareem abdul jabbar was terrible at acting haha
watch game of death haha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#23    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Joined:01 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wherever the wind takes me...

  • "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 07 February 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

Can not stand to listen to Kathy Griffin

I happen to really like Anderson Cooper, but Kathy Griffin is the reason I refuse to watch CNN on New Year's Eve.

Edited by AquilaChrysaetos, 08 February 2013 - 02:04 AM.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image


#24    s33ker

s33ker

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Joined:21 Aug 2012
  • Location:Australia

  • Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

Robin Williams, Steve Martin and Meg Ryan.


#25    David Henson

David Henson

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined:05 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bible Belt

  • "Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

This is easy. Marylin Monroe and James Dean.

Insufferably horrid actors. Should be banned except for possible educational uses. Show them how it isn't supposed to be done. Stylistic justopositioning. Well, I think its a disgrace!

Ok . . . it isn't that important, but damn, they sure couldn't act.

Posted Image

#26    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 07 February 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:



I started boxing at age 9 love the sport,just do not like the corruption going on in it which there has always been but is now worse than ever.
Started brazilian jiu jitsu at 19
full on Mixed Martial Arts at 20 been going the past 9 years learning various martial arts from all around and putting them together
I am still a huge fan of bruce lee his philosophy on fighting is why we have MMA today.The man was brilliant,not just in fighting with his body but his mind aswell.

Sorry everyone not trying to go of topic

So i give you this kareem abdul jabbar was terrible at acting haha
watch game of death haha
Brazilian ju jitsu ? Capoera .
Kareem has like one line in game of Death

Miss me?

#27    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Joined:01 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wherever the wind takes me...

  • "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

View Posts33ker, on 08 February 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

Robin Williams

Posted Image

I happen to like Robin Williams...

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image


#28    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DarkSide of TheMoon

  • "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 February 2013 - 04:15 AM, said:

Brazilian ju jitsu ? Capoera .
Kareem has like one line in game of Death

Brazilian jiu jitsu-gracie style jiu jitsu-Capoeira will get one knocked out cold fast in a cage lol have only ever seen 1 attempt it haha
Yes i know he doesnt say much was just making a joke most here dont like going off topic lol,i actually like the movie

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#29    Sixth

Sixth

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,304 posts
  • Joined:18 May 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Twin Peaks

  • Scientists get funky about having their research poached

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

View Postwolfknight, on 07 February 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Oh yes Will Ferrel,Jim Cary,Jack Black,Adam Sandler they all suck

Got a thing against comedians, eh? In fact, it seems a lot of people in here do. Which is pretty funny. Comedians generally shouldn't be compared to dramatic actors. The scripts they work on/wrote themselves/acted aren't meant to be seen in the same light as a dramatic piece. Look at all the people mentioned in here who were on SNL (Ferrel, Sandler). Doing sketches and doing something like method acting aren't the same. It also has a lot to do with scripts. Will Ferrel was great in Stranger than Fiction. Incidentally,  Jim Carrey was also pretty good in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. That being said, I can deffinitely get where someone would dislike Ferrel's movies because I am also sick to freaking God of his humour. I actually don't like it. I'm just saying that comedians (especially sketch comedians) shouldn't really be lumped into the same category as dramatic actors.

do your palms ever itch?

#30    euroninja

euroninja

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Joined:10 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • John 14:16
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

View Posts33ker, on 08 February 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

Robin Williams
He was good in comedies ages ago but a very limited dramatic actor. He could never pull off gut out scenes without looking like Popeye. I think he has a problem  in that area even in real life.

Man plans and God laughs.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users