Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Another victory for animal ethics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Next month the EU will ban all cosmetics, no matter where they're made (yeah, I'm looking at you China), if they involve animal testing. News article here.

It's about time. If you want to shoot a can of hair spray into your eyes, guess what, it's probably gonna hurt. If you want to eat a tube of lipstick, guess what, you're probably gonna puke. Do we really need to test this on rabbits?

#2    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

YES!

I was disheartened to read, a while back, that companies were moving their business back to China to produce their cosmetics. Because in times of crisis it's cheaper blablablabla. And in China it is still law to unnecessarily test on animals.

But HA!! Now they can't sell it anywhere here. Great! Thx for this!

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,025 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

I hope Australia follows.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users