Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Why are male homosexuals so talented

homosexual homosexuals arts

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#16    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Could be part of gay culture. They could be influenced by what they see. I once asked a gay man what was the deal with gay mannerisms. I didnt understand them. People call it feminine, but I have never seen a woman act or talk like that. He simply said I think it's culture. I saw other gay men behaving this way and I looked up to them, so I must have picked up on it.

As to the arts..... Well through out history performance and art always attracted misfits and libral thinkers. I think gay men did fit in well with these sub cultures because they could find acceptance ( and each other) there where they otherwise would not have. I think it's a sub culture niche that continues to this day.

It's not unlike American inner cities  cities being filled with African Americans. After the abolishment of slavery to the ending of Jim crow laws and segregation, there was a movement of black people to cities to look for work because none of them owned any land. This racial cycle of  poverty haunts us to this day.

Socioeconomics has a lot to do with niches that subgroups tend to occupy.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#17    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,493 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Drama queens.

#18    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,553 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Maybe because all the straight teenage boys who say, "Hey, Dad. I want to be an artist/hairdresser/model!" get the "Not my son!" rutine and are handed a fireman's hat and a football instead. And then they assosiate that other stuff that they actually might want to do and be good at with something they are not.

Among the gay men I know, there is a definite feeling of "I just gotta be me!" I think they're more apt to go after whatever type of career they're interested in.

But mostly, I think it's not really true.

Embrace the impossible.

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,490 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostEldorado, on 07 February 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Drama queens.
I think you will find the term is "drag'. :w00t:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Can we have a list of gay artists and straight artists and see who out numbers who?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#21    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

O_O

So ummm,straight people and gay women ,aren't talented ?
And by talent ,do we mean singing and dancing ,painting ,sports ,as there are many types of talent ...

So let me be diligent ... ....note to self ; "gay men are talented ,everyone else is dull"

OK ,got it .

Miss me?

#22    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,490 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostHasina, on 07 February 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

Can we have a list of gay artists and straight artists and see who out numbers who?
here is the list of gay artists:
A
B
C
D
E
F
F cont.
G
H
J
K
L
M
M cont.
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
V
W
Y
Here is the list of non gay artists:

Edited by freetoroam, 07 February 2013 - 09:11 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#23    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Freetoroam, did you make that list up? I've only heard of about half a dozen of them :lol:

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#24    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,490 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 07 February 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Freetoroam, did you make that list up? I've only heard of about half a dozen of them :lol:
Google.  ;)
I do not care that much to sit and type all that out! :cry:

#25    monstrum

monstrum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

The real question should be why were the artists from the past, who left a great impact on our culture, disproportionately homosexual?

When you think of painting you think of Mona Lisa. Leonardo was a homosexual.
When you think of sculpture, you think of David. Michelangelo was a homosexual.
When you think of literature, you think of the beautiful homoerotic sonnets by Shakespeare, or Herman Melville's fascination with male beauty.
Modern novel: Proust, Thomas Mann, Mishima.
Music: Tchaikovsky.
And this is just a tip of iceberg. Whoever questioned the importance of homosexuals to our speacies should have this in mind. Without us the world would be less civilised place and our culture would be significantly poorer.

#26    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,373 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

What I'm going to say pertains to Vietnam; I don't know how applicable it might be in other cultures.

When I was growing up there were effeminate men ("he has women's ways") and they were seen as naturally to be the actors and designers and dancers and poets and so on, but back then Vietnamese never talked about sex and I was oblivious.  Neither me nor my friends could imagine a man preferring another man over a woman, so the reality never occurred to us.

Nowadays gays are more open and western contact and movies and so on make it all obvious.  I don't think Vietnamese are homophobic except when they come under influence of missionaries, and most missionaries are not appreciated, but that's something else.

A couple weeks ago I talked with my high school son about gays in his school, and he said there are quite a few.  They are popular too, because they are so funny.  I then asked him to say that to me in English, and he used the word "funny."  I asked if he meant strange or entertaining, and he said entertaining -- they are witty, tell good jokes, understand what is with all the teachers and bullies, and so on.

There is probably something in our natures or genes about all this -- I don't know -- but if there is, it stands to reason that the same genes that influence our sexual orientation also influences other aspects about our personalities.  I doubt that one could say any group like that is more or less talented, but perhaps more exhibitionistic, more expressive, more flexible, more inventive.  Who knows?

#27    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,451 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

freetoroam you forgot Freddie Mercury, he was a gay artist.  Best singer ever.

#28    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,490 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostHilander, on 28 March 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

freetoroam you forgot Freddie Mercury, he was a gay artist.  Best singer ever.
oh yeah, he isn`t even on the list. :unsure2: I haven`t even heard of half of them myself, that list has even got a window dresser on there! It must be an old list when gay was not the in thing in the industry, some gay must have paid google to get that list made up and to keep their name off there.
I wonder how many of the "gay" artists are really gay, some maybe saying they are now because it will get them a part or fame  easier. There was a time when being gay was only behind closed doors, now the doors are kept open all the time, it seems not being gay in the entertainment industry today is so yesteryear.

#29    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

View Postmonstrum, on 28 March 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

The real question should be why were the artists from the past, who left a great impact on our culture, disproportionately homosexual?

When you think of painting you think of Mona Lisa. Leonardo was a homosexual.
When you think of sculpture, you think of David. Michelangelo was a homosexual.
When you think of literature, you think of the beautiful homoerotic sonnets by Shakespeare, or Herman Melville's fascination with male beauty.
Modern novel: Proust, Thomas Mann, Mishima.
Music: Tchaikovsky.
And this is just a tip of iceberg. Whoever questioned the importance of homosexuals to our speacies should have this in mind. Without us the world would be less civilised place and our culture would be significantly poorer.

Thats a very broad generalization. Maybe when you think of painting you think of the mona lisa, or david or shakespere ect. I'm confident that that is not even close to being remotely accurate in any way. The spectrum of the history of the arts is vast as is the people that appreicate them.

So the world is more civilized and cultural due to homosexuals, wow, I guess a thank you is in order. (Note: didn't Leonardo design incredible war machines designed to kill thousand more effectivly?)

#30    goodconversations

goodconversations

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

• We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. Anais Nin

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Natural selection and survival mechanism....homosexuality is not the norm in all cultures and is generally rejected and dissapproved of... so the homoexuals have to learn harder than the majority and develop some "tricks" so they will be accepted and thus survive.. these tricks are the stereotypes that they are said to be.. so basically what i'm saying is their talents are not any more innate than the rest of the people, however they have to strive more than the majority for acceptance which means more flexing of the brain muscle and more searching within oneself, and all the things that results in including discovering/developing a personal talent.

I was once researching about whether mothering is learned or an instinct. One scientist holds the opinion that it's learned and suggests "that the extraordinary plumpness of newborn humans, much fatter than other infant primates, is an attempt to convince their parents that they are worth rearing. Even an infant's smile becomes [...] part of its strategy to seduce its mother." Maybe the same is happening with homosexuals.

Posted Image
There's nothing more
erotic than a good
conversation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users