Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Top 5 games

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#46    CORK_SNIPER

CORK_SNIPER

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

View PostHatake Kakashi, on 05 September 2013 - 06:18 AM, said:

I'm insanely awesome at the first Black Ops.. I have a profile at my sisters' house that I'll play every few months.

Needless to say I'm always in first place, no matter who I play against..

GTA IV's online was really fun, but with GTA V I'm expecting a lot of interesting co-op features with the graphics overhaul.

Yeah GTA V is gonna be big I think especially online & coop this time. 11 days and counting lol
Shame ps4/xbox1 released about 8 weeks later. I hope player profiles pass over, coz to start all over again would be a shame

I could never get into the multiplayer side of Black ops. Too arcadey for my liking, but the zombies mode I love & not to sound too cocky im actually very good at it, well above average.

My favourite war game has to be mag. If you on ps3, you can DL for free the limited version to get a taste of what its like. The full version would have to be paid for though & it online only so no bots etc. If you like FPS it worth a shot

#47    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

Wow so many games over so many years ..

I'm going a two stage answer ..

Old days of C64 ...
  • Exploding fist - spent many an hour fighting my brother on this game , braging rights were always priceless on this game.
  • Airbourne ranger - what kid didn't like to shoot stuff up ?
  • Defender of the crown - Awsome game , spent countless hours playing this one.
  • The last ninja - ninja ... say no more.
  • Hounded , the greay hound racing game - Me, my brother and my dad all used to spend hours playing this , house braging rights were sorted out over this game , will never forget the best dog of all times , It was my dads dog " Mudguard" that flea eater won hundreds of races !
New PC games...
  • Battlefield series - would hate to know how many hours I have spent playing these games - no doubt it's in the thousands :o
  • Age of Empires - Conquerors expansion - still to this day I play it online , just a great game.
  • GTA series - No need to expand on this , another great series of games.
  • Vietcong - what a game for its day - spent many an hour playing online with my clan buddies, chatting on roger wilko before skype , teamspeak and the likes were even thought of.
  • Call of duty series - not as good as battlefield IMO but none the less I still enjoyed it !

Im not kidding when I say this was a tough task , I have been playing games since the old style tennis with the funny controller with the wheel type thing on it . all the way up to now ( just finished playing Splinter cell blacklist ) and am looking forward to GTA 5 and Battlefield 4 !

Cheers ,

TiP

Edited by tipotep, 06 September 2013 - 04:45 AM.

#48    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• 1,233 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

View PostVaise, on 20 February 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

i realy enjoy Empire total war and Rome total war, really looking forward to Rome 2 Total War ^^

Just started plaing TW2 last night , wasn't as good as I had hoped but I will persist :tu:

#49    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,810 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

^^^ I'm sure a few patch updates will iron out most of the bugs. How's you machine handling it? I could play Shogun 2 max settings, hopefully Rome 2 also. I'll wait a while to get it though.

No order:
1. Skyrim.                           I had to make a conscious effort to stop playing. My life took a serious back seat to the Dragonborn life.
2. Rome:Total War.           Shogun 2 was better IMO but there's something about Rome that makes me always think of it first.
3. Batman: Arkham City.    I can't think of a single flaw and fighting just makes you feel like a badass.
4. Resident Evil 4.              Best of the series and overall amazing game.
5. FFVII.                              My first truly epic gaming experience. It's been 16 maybe 17 years and I still remember so much of it.

#50    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

Metal Gear Solid. That game is by far my favourite. Recently bought a second hand Gamecube and copy of Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes just so I could play it again. I would say it has been at least ten years since I've played the game.

Was playing a bit of it last night as well. Doing my second run on hard mode now.

The whole series is awesome.

Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas.

Hitman series.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#51    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• 1,233 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostF3SS, on 07 September 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

^^^ I'm sure a few patch updates will iron out most of the bugs. How's you machine handling it? I could play Shogun 2 max settings, hopefully Rome 2 also. I'll wait a while to get it though.

No order:
1. Skyrim.    I had to make a conscious effort to stop playing. My life took a serious back seat to the Dragonborn life.
2. Rome:Total War.    Shogun 2 was better IMO but there's something about Rome that makes me always think of it first.
3. Batman: Arkham City. I can't think of a single flaw and fighting just makes you feel like a badass.
4. Resident Evil 4.   Best of the series and overall amazing game.
5. FFVII.   My first truly epic gaming experience. It's been 16 maybe 17 years and I still remember so much of it.

Yeah no problems with my machine handling it :tu:

#52    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostF3SS, on 07 September 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

No order:
1. Skyrim.    I had to make a conscious effort to stop playing. My life took a serious back seat to the Dragonborn life.
2. Rome:Total War.    Shogun 2 was better IMO but there's something about Rome that makes me always think of it first.
3. Batman: Arkham City. I can't think of a single flaw and fighting just makes you feel like a badass.
4. Resident Evil 4.   Best of the series and overall amazing game.
5. FFVII.   My first truly epic gaming experience. It's been 16 maybe 17 years and I still remember so much of it.

Resident Evil 4 is pretty awesome.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#53    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• 1,021 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

In no particular order

HL2
Farcry
Fear
Stalker, all three, even the bug ridden Clear Sky
Metro 2033

Edited by Kaa-Tzik, 09 September 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#54    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

1)   Fate.
  2) elder scrolls  Arena
3)   FF7
  4) Ultima 3 tied with  ultma 4

I've never had  a gaming system other than a PC, and I refuse to pay to play.   what I liked about the above games MOST was that  I could play forever without worrying about winning or loosing.  when I play a computer game I want to escape something fore awhile.  maybe I just need a breather, maybe I need to calm down, maybe I  need time to think or to  recover or maybe I don't want to think at all. the games above were the games that gave me the best distraction for my time without having to worry about the objective of this level or that danger. I could make my own objectives if I needed them.

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 09 September 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#55    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,821 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

View Posttipotep, on 06 September 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

Just started plaing TW2 last night , wasn't as good as I had hoped but I will persist :tu:

I've noticed naval warfare solely revolves around ramming other ships or simply by spamming Numidian javelinmen using fire javelins. It doesn't have that level of longetivity and such as empire or somewhat shogun.

As for chasing down enemy troops, I've found it very frustrating not knowing where the enemy is on the map as they rout or making my soldiers attack them to have them run side by side and not kill anyone for some reason even when I order a charge. To me that's a bug there.

As for the new features and following the new total war system. Very interesting. The way area control is done now is also interesting. With say a number of provinces that makes up an area you can control to gain some bonuses for the area for those who have not tried Rome 2.

The city management system has also been simplified a lot more than in Rome.

#56    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Paranormal Investigator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

1.  Battlefield - These games have been my favorite since Battlefield 1942 was released back in 2002.  Huge maps with 64 players and tons of vehicles and equipment to use.  Battlefield 4 comes out next month and it's going to be amazing.

2.  Gears of War - These games are the most brutal games I have ever played.  It's too bad Gears of War 3 killed the series for me, they changed far too much.

3.  Aliens vs Predator 2 - Back in 2001 when this released I was in 7th grade and can still remember wanting to get home from school to hop online with my buddies and play us some Survivor.

4.  Quake - Back in 1996 I got my first computer, then bought the Shareware version of this game.  My computer wasn't good enough to run it.  So after a year we finally got a new and I spent countless hours in the first 3 levels, but was always too scared to play beyond that!

5.  MLB: The Show - Title says it all.  I love baseball.  I love baseball games.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#57    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,810 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

Am I the only one here excited for the new Arkham game? Sorry if I've asked before?

#58    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

Let's see. It's kinda tough to break it down to five. There are so many games I thoroughly loved, and which I probably fail to recall right now.

1. Tetris - The classic. Simple but challenging, and definitely the best video game music ever.
2. Deus Ex - Amazing gameplay, a thrilling story and cyberpunk. Every mission could be solved in a numerous of ways, and you could even beat the entire game without a single kill.
3. Civilization Series - Turn based strategy at it's best. I must have lost thousands of hours to these games. I cannot pick the one I like best.
4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - While I enjoyed most of the Zelda games, it's this one that really sticks out for me. It was the first time I experienced a working open world.
5. DOOM - The first one. This is what made FPS big.

Honorable mention: Super Mario Bros. 3; Chrono Trigger; GTA III + IV; Metal Gear Solid. Super Street Fighter II Turbo; Diablo; Mega Man X; Warcraft 2; Starcraft; Pirates!; The Secret of Monkey Island; Sim City; Rome: Total War; Star Wars: TIE Fighter; Sensible Soccer; X-COM: UFO Defense; Jagged Alliance 2; Wing Commander and the list goes on.

#59    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

View PostVaise, on 16 February 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

R4z3rsPar4d0x contra with or without konami code?
Yeah without the code, we literally had to be perfect at it and when we beat the game it felt awesome

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#60    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

I also want to say FInal Fantasy 7

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users