Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Massive manhunt on for ex-cop

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#226    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,849 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 13 February 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

As far a janitors caring firearms, one of the dumbest ideas ever for a number of reasons and why is there not a push a button and get buzzed in, to get into a school. Simple really buzz people in during school hours show tags that say who you are and your job there. If suspect do not allow them in and call the police to see what they are there for before allowing entry.  As far as this  ex cop goes there must have been warning sighns. When cops are fired or dismissed or suspended they should be evaluated.

Same with ex military. Evaluate them for a number of years, depression is a killer that can boil over anytime.
I see no reason why it's even moderately dumb.

So because of this next singular sensational and extremely rare event, we're going to chase after it with legislation now, making well trained gun handlers undergo evaluations after being fired, but not other people?    And why is that?  Another government benefit on the taxpayers dime?   This is exactly what I'm talking about.   Suddenly people who do know how to shoot and trained experts in firearms are more dangerous than their untrained counterparts who are equally capable of rage and violence.   Reactionary policy that fits specific events like a glove might prevent very specific and rare events, but I'm sure the next time a non-cop seeks revenge with a gun for getting fired (or whatever), it'll be more boo-bait for the bubbas to disarm non-cops.  Yet when a cop freaks out they're silent as a corpse.

Maybe we should ask why depression is rampant in our ex-military before chasing after phantom problems that don't exist like the much-vaunted "lack of training" as the favorite issue that has dominated so many discussions about guns here lately.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#227    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,166 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

View PostGummug, on 13 February 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

That sounds about right:
MOB MENTALITY:
crackhead gets kicked....  riot!
ex-LAPD officer, wanting to fight "corruption" by committing murders, gets killed.... do nothing.
Get it right.

#228    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,569 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

It's gotta be the GOV drugs.... you know, the legal ones... the kind the local GP hands out like candy as magic pills.  There is a reason why those who returned from WW2, Korea and the Vietnam Wars we'rent on a suiciding themselves as much as current soldiers today.  They also had a better economy returning home. The drugs, anti-depressants, are obviously the trigger.   There are better ways to treat mental illness than magic pills.  All these drugs do is mask over the initial problem.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#229    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

I just finished skimming Dorner's Manifesto, and if I understand him correctly, he does admit to killing those officers (I wouldn't trust the media totally), but when he talks about it being a necessary evil, he could refer to his warfare against the LAPD...although I guess that's practically the same as admitting he would kill, so I imagine it looks like he did kill those officers, which I was hoping would not be the case. When he tells about some of the things LAPD had done though (like ripping the skin off an elderly woman) I can almost sympathize with his anger, not sure why he killed the daughter though. Anyway, I'm with Uncle Sam (the poster here I mean), especially after reading about the 911 conspiracy and others...this is getting depressing and I think I'll take a break. A clergy friend of mine once told me when we were chatting over lunch that he wanted to take a break from the serious stuff, and now I sort of know where he was coming from...a steady diet of this stuff won't do anything to improve anyone's mood, I think. Anyway, thanks to any and all for likes and I hope to maintain a good standard of integrity.

View PostRlyeh, on 13 February 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

Get it right.
If you will be so kind as to clarify what I got wrong I'll be happy to comply.
Do you mean "get it right" or "got it right"? I assume you mean the former, if so, see above.

Edited by Gummug, 13 February 2013 - 06:19 AM.

Posted Image

#230    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,166 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostGummug, on 13 February 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

If you will be so kind as to clarify what I got wrong I'll be happy to comply.
No need, I corrected it for you.

#231    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,569 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

This guy's style is Anders Breivik 2.0.  Vigilant to the extreme.  He did indeed succeed in getting his point across but it was terribly Psychotic.

#232    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 12 February 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

No. I am saying if he is not taken alive then the truth will never be known and if killed on sight will fuel the belief he has serious dirt on the Lapd and that he was killed to cover it up.

What about all the notes he left on facebook? Does that not state "The Truth"?

I do not think anyone disagrees that he was unfairly dismissed. But that is not uncommon. We do not have unemployed people wandering the streets killing people because they lost their jobs. He said:

Unfortunately, this is a necessary evil that I do not enjoy but must partake and complete for substantial change to occur within the LAPD and reclaim my name.

That's BS. Killing people will only bury the injustice deeper. Killing was not necessary. His murders have well taken the limelight over an unjust beating. In order to stop some people being treated badly, he thought he would kill some to make a point, The point is back to front. Also, his stupid pride held him back from being a normal person. Pride sucks. I hate it. I know why we need it, but we always exaggerate it. The amount of young people who refuse to do menial labour because of pride, will not work because they have to take orders, and their pride wont allow anyone to tell them what to do, people who suicide over pride, pride keeps Japan slaughtering Whales unnecessarily. I do not respect pride, I respect action.

His manifesto also says:

The question is, what would you do to clear your name?

Would any sane person answer with "Murder"? He obviously has severe mental problems, that is the truth too.

Self Preservation is no longer important to me. I do not fear death as I died long ago on 1/2/09. I was told by my mother that sometimes bad things happen to good people. I refuse to accept that.

That is a walking mental problem, and then the facebook stuff about his favourite actors and movies is a tad immature. I do not him as being pushed over any edge, he walked right up to and and jumped in with both feet. The truth is there, he gave his words to everyone, but I think his pride made him think he would be held up as a matyr,

Wayne LaPierre, President of the NRA, you're a vile and inhumane piece of ****. You never even showed 30 seconds of empathy for the children, teachers, and families of Sandy Hook.

yet he shot kids himself. He is so mixed up he did not even know his own messages. He left his brain to science, I hope that happens. Too many such incidents happen, we need to know why. He was involved in an unjust inquiry, he was treated badly, he did lose something he deserved to be praised for. But that happens to a lot of people. We need to know why some people react in such a bad way. He will never be remembered as the man who changed the LAPD, he will be remembered as a killer. Not sure why people like him think something like this will make anything better.

Edited by psyche101, 13 February 2013 - 07:10 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#233    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,369 posts

• ראה

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

I find it unsettling to see the appearance of a lawless law man, just as the last Roman Catholic Pope is announced.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#234    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

View PostGummug, on 13 February 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

I just finished skimming Dorner's Manifesto, and if I understand him correctly, he does admit to killing those officers (I wouldn't trust the media totally), but when he talks about it being a necessary evil, he could refer to his warfare against the LAPD...although I guess that's practically the same as admitting he would kill, so I imagine it looks like he did kill those officers, which I was hoping would not be the case. When he tells about some of the things LAPD had done though (like ripping the skin off an elderly woman) I can almost sympathize with his anger, not sure why he killed the daughter though. Anyway, I'm with Uncle Sam (the poster here I mean), especially after reading about the 911 conspiracy and others...this is getting depressing and I think I'll take a break. A clergy friend of mine once told me when we were chatting over lunch that he wanted to take a break from the serious stuff, and now I sort of know where he was coming from...a steady diet of this stuff won't do anything to improve anyone's mood, I think. Anyway, thanks to any and all for likes and I hope to maintain a good standard of integrity.

I got the impression that aside from his personal prejudices which appear to a point racist, his main problem seem to be this Teresa Evans woman. The elderly woman incident also focuses around Evans. Because she managed to retain the upper hand over him, he seems to have lost it. Not the first time a man has caused mayhem over a woman, but there might be more to that relationship than we all know, whatever it was, I am feel it likely that Evans was the thought in his head when he was murdering people.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#235    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,166 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 13 February 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

I find it unsettling to see the appearance of a lawless law man, just as the last Roman Catholic Pope is announced.
Maybe triangles are involved somehow?

#236    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,569 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

View Postacidhead, on 13 February 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

It's gotta be the GOV drugs.... you know, the legal ones... the kind the local GP hands out like candy as magic pills.  There is a reason why those who returned from WW2, Korea and the Vietnam Wars we'rent on a suiciding themselves as much as current soldiers today.  They also had a better economy returning home. The drugs, anti-depressants, are obviously the trigger.   There are better ways to treat mental illness than magic pills.  All these drugs do is mask over the initial problem.

I should correct this post.  Vietnam War veterans are also experiencing a rise in suicide due to GOV prescribed anti-depressants.  Their suicides today reflect the daily number.

#237    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

View Postacidhead, on 13 February 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

I should correct this post.  Vietnam War veterans are also experiencing a rise in suicide due to GOV prescribed anti-depressants.  Their suicides today reflect the daily number.

Is there a verified direct correlation? It might just be me, but I honestly thought being in the middle of a war would probably have a lot to do with it as well. Seeing people slaughtered all around you, maiming, and being responsible yourself for such I would think is likely to have an effect on minds that are brought up to abhor that which they are now doing?
Surely that has to factor in?

#238    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,569 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Suicide pills

#239    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,569 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 13 February 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

Is there a verified direct correlation? It might just be me, but I honestly thought being in the middle of a war would probably have a lot to do with it as well. Seeing people slaughtered all around you, maiming, and being responsible yourself for such I would think is likely to have an effect on minds that are brought up to abhor that which they are now doing?
Surely that has to factor in?

Ask yourself why it's now but not with past returnee veterans?   It's the introduction of legally obtained GOV presribed drugs.0

#240    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

SSRI's Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors are insidous drugs. If you list off the potential side effects they can cause homicidal and suicidal urges in espeially children/young adults but also adults. Some of these kill your familes then yourself douchebags are from this drug as well. Although Ive never heard any statistics.Some of the original SSRI's were coming out in the 70's Prozac then Paxil..

Heres an article

http://www.guardian....8/mentalhealth1

Edited by AsteroidX, 13 February 2013 - 08:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users