Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Demons, what are they?

fallen angels demons angels

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#181    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 02 April 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

That is certainly a possibility. If there is some other sort of demon that I have never encountered, then I must concede that I cannot know about that in which I do not know about. But I'll say that my experiences cover most of what people describe as demonic experiences. People even come to me for help with their own. As of yet no powerful evil demons. On the contrary. I have learned that any entity aware enough to be so powerful must have become aware enough to rise above petty melovolance. Evil really is a biological construct built on primal instincts and control of others for some sort of gain. These motivations simply do not exist in spiritual form. Jealousy, rage, anger, subjugation, sadism etc etc... Can all be traced through evolutionary psychology and various branchings of habitual endorphin seeking. If demons exist, they must be a physical being like a powerful alien. They are not spirit beings. Spirit beings live above the chaos of physical reality. But no... I have not met them all, I have only come to understand an environment.  An environment where malovolance is a fish out of water.

So your THEORY goes, but what if demons are a corrupting force, impelling humanity to commit evil and experience negative emotions? What if they foster it? What if they nuture this as early as our childhoods? What if we all have encountered the Devil in multiple forms throughout our lifetimes and didn't realize it ... and most of the time he wore a human face?

The Bible calls the Devil... lord of the Earth... what if the whole Earth lies within his sphere of influence. And maybe only when our spirits return to God will we ever truly escape that sphere of influence rather than the chaos of physical reality.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#182    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,875 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostB Jenkins, on 04 April 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

So your THEORY goes, but what if demons are a corrupting force, impelling humanity to commit evil and experience negative emotions? What if they foster it? What if they nuture this as early as our childhoods? What if we all have encountered the Devil in multiple forms throughout our lifetimes and didn't realize it ... and most of the time he wore a human face?

The Bible calls the Devil... lord of the Earth... what if the whole Earth lies within his sphere of influence. And maybe only when our spirits return to God will we ever truly escape that sphere of influence rather than the chaos of physical reality.
There are a lot of what ifs in that, and an apeal to an authority that dosnt really hold sway as any kind of authority. I am required to base my thoughts on the matter off of experience,  experimentation, and critical thought. The whole devil deception excuse though an extremely remote possibility falls apart after one actually looks at the history of the development of demons and devils in the minds of people and religions throughout history. Every thing from the phonetic evolution of the word "demon" to the actual purpose and meaning for the character of Satan originally in Hebrew mythology suggests that it's a modern religous construct built upon the very things I have delt with myself. Don't get me wrong certain experiences are very real, but I more able to listen to Somone like mark price who I know has looked at the dark things instead of Somone waveing a bible.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#183    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,106 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

The devil gets a lot of blame.  I don't think he deserves it all.  He does have influence, but I would think we do most of it with out his help.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users