Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

More Americans Killed by Domestic Gunfire

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

I found this both an interesting and suprising fact:

Let’s start with the number: 1,384,171.
1,38,171 people have died in the most devastating war fought by Americans. Which war, you ask? World War I? World War II? The Civil War?
None of the above. This number is from the war being fought on the streets, in the neighborhoods, private homes, schools, and work places of the United States of America. Deaths by gunfire. Domestic gun deaths perpetrated by criminals, the mentally ill; enraged husbands, angry children, and some by unfortunate accident or suicide.

Here is a summary. The figures below refer to total deaths caused by firearms:

Attached File  War-deaths.jpg   136.93K   37 downloads

Attached File  gun daeths.jpg   63.53K   36 downloads

http://www.politifac...re-killed-guns/

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#2    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

jeebus that was a big spike in 1981-1998 compared to before and after it's doubled. But within thinking wasn't that the last chapter of the major race wars in america?

Edited by chopmo, 08 February 2013 - 01:45 AM.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#3    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

What the statistics doesn't show, is the other side of the situations. Proper handling, educations, and safety of guns in each household. It is very biased and doesn't have anything to compare it to. Most statistics are there to shock people without proper understanding of the situation. It is never in-depth and it just used to sway people. Now if there was two statistics of proper handling versus in-proper handling, it would have more of a impact on me and help steer other's to the proper solution. These statistics are very one-sided and biased.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 08 February 2013 - 02:19 AM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

Didn't the war on drugs start about 1981 or 82.

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

The same can be said of doctor/hospital mistakes . Actually its millions higher than gun deaths,but no one bans bad doctors ,bad drugs ,or a pathetic medical system.
I wonder why ......

http://www.dailypaul...als-kill-195000

Miss me?

#6    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,134 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

View Postjugoso, on 08 February 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

I found this both an interesting and suprising fact:

Here is a summary. The figures below refer to total deaths caused by firearms:

Attachment War-deaths.jpg

Attachment gun daeths.jpg

http://www.politifac...re-killed-guns/

100,000 Americans die each year from prescription drugs — that’s 270 per day, or, as you put it, more than twice as many who are killed in car accidents each day.
Did you protest for the people who died from those fungus-laden injections or the death caused by secondary infections following the treatment of those fungal infections due to really, really BAD legal, lethal interthecal injections.

Stop the fear factor.
We are born to die. A life lost at 6 is still the same life lost at 98.
Stop fearing death. All are ultimately eternal.

I want my guns. And don't take Rx drugs.

Edited by regeneratia, 08 February 2013 - 02:39 AM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#7    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

we all will face death one way or another

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#8    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

It is extremely pathetic how they show one-sided and biased statistics to further their sick agendas of stripping us our rights promised in the constitution. Liberals actually are teaching our children in schools that the constitution is a outdated document, basically giving them false information and forcing their views upon them. It is sick and wrong above all else. Lately I been spending every waking moment, protecting the liberties and rights from individuals false propaganda or biased statistics to make us give away our rights for temporary security. People are extremely gullible and willing to follow people like this to the demise, because they don't know how to think for themselves.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 08 February 2013 - 02:42 AM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#9    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

What I find interesting is how some countries that strictly control firearms have much higher death rates by firearms then the US.

http://www.guardian....ship-world-list

And then you have some of the Nordic countries that have high gun ownership and low firearms deaths...

#10    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

Doesn't matter what statistics show, fact is the other side that doesn't like those statistics will either deny them, conceal them, make up their own, and/or all of the above.

And there will be nothing you can do or say to convince them otherwise...

Edited by AquilaChrysaetos, 08 February 2013 - 03:40 AM.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#11    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,601 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

View PostUncle Sam, on 08 February 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

What the statistics doesn't show, is the other side of the situations. Proper handling, educations, and safety of guns in each household. It is very biased and doesn't have anything to compare it to. Most statistics are there to shock people without proper understanding of the situation. It is never in-depth and it just used to sway people. Now if there was two statistics of proper handling versus in-proper handling, it would have more of a impact on me and help steer other's to the proper solution. These statistics are very one-sided and biased.

Waht the stastics show are that more US citizens were killed by guns in the US since 1980 than in all the wars before that. FULL STOP. They CAN be broken down further based on other criteria (as you mentioned) but it is a fact and one that surprised me. It also includes suicides so I´m not exactly sure how it is biased. It is what it is.

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#12    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

View PostUncle Sam, on 08 February 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

Doesn't it go along the lines of 87% of all statistics are made up?

Edited by chopmo, 08 February 2013 - 04:28 AM.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#13    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,926 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

View Postjugoso, on 08 February 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

Waht the stastics show are that more US citizens were killed by guns in the US since 1980 than in all the wars before that. FULL STOP. They CAN be broken down further based on other criteria (as you mentioned) but it is a fact and one that surprised me. It also includes suicides so I´m not exactly sure how it is biased. It is what it is.
How many of those are by police?   I've heard statistics that 90+% of figures are death by cop.  So what's the implication being made over the statistics-dropping?   That cops need to be disarmed?    What's the point in focusing on deaths by firearms as opposed to any other causes of death?   Government can't keep guns from the criminals but it can sure as hell keep guns from the people trying to defend themselves from criminals.  

Please, let's keep this issue out of Washington DC and in the local arena.  It's not asking for much.  We don't need one size fits all from a gang of mega-hypocrites in Washington DC throwing their wet blanket over the entire country like they know better than everyone else.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#14    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,926 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

If the stats are reliable, gun deaths are staying constant at a fixed average of ~ 30,000 per year over the past 44 years despite a rapidly growing population.   Therefore gun deaths are much lower today than they were decades ago on a per-capita basis.   In light of that, are we really ready to let sensational media-fed attention-hogs like Sandy Hook cause us to insist on infringing upon good peoples' rights?

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#15    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,758 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

no more gun threads dam

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users