Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Jodi Arias Trial

• Please log in to reply
836 replies to this topic

#136    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postspayneuter, on 27 February 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

Travis was no completely innocent victim.  I believe he destroyed an already damaged woman.  Too bad he wasn't kind to her.  Still he didn't deserve to be murdered.  She killed him and needs to be in jail the rest of her life.  

BOMBSHELL!!!! I do not watch Nancy Grace.  She is an idiot.
Yeah that's what I said back on page 1 or 2.  He didn't deserve to be murdered; I mean that's kinda the understatement of the century here but him being the kind of person he was is going to weigh on the jury in a trial like this.  Maybe it should.  It's arguable whether character should determine doubt.   It certainly determines guilt, so I think that it's perfectly valid in love and war.

I watched Nancy's clown show one time in recent years and that was last week where she was playing the sex tapes - on a loop.   And she kept repeating the same question over and over again.   "What does airing this sex tape prove?!!"  I had to answer her like seven times in 45 minutes:  It proves it's great for your ratings, Nancy.    Flashing all those glamor shots of Arias again and again and again and again.   And we wonder why people are so disjointed and uncomfortable and ready to puke at the sight of this girl.   It's a dog and pony show for the masses and I see right through it for what it is.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#137    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,206 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Excuse me, cousins.  Why is this case garnering so much attention?  I've read US media reports and the Wikipedia entry but there's no hint for me as to why this case in particular should hog the headlines.  Seems a bit like a soap opera, if you'll forgive me for saying.

*clueless and curious*

Edited by Eldorado, 27 February 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#138    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,206 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostYamato, on 27 February 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

What name did I call?  Using a phrase like armchair prosecutors?  That's not name calling that's describing and I'm not referring to anyone here in particular but nearly the entire population of affixed Nancy Grace watchers.   I'm not getting personal here and there's no reason for you to, so please calm down.  Good grief!

When you say "armchair PROSECUTORS", it insinuates that you're referring to anyone with an opinion of guilt.
And whether I'm calm or not is none of your business.
This is REAL life, with a REAL victim, and Arias is the REAL killer.
I can only wonder if you'd take the same position if it were your loved one Arias shot in the head, stabbed repeatedly, nearly decapitated, and would have left in that shower stall indefinitely.

#139    missterri

missterri

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

I haven't yet figured out how to add to someones post, or add it  to mine... which ever. I find you all very interesting and glad I found this site....I have a question.... Does the state have to prove premeditation? Or does it have to DISPROVE self defense?? I am really new to trials.. but find this case very addictive!

That is for 1st degree murder. I think I understand she could also receive lesser..

Edited by missterri, 28 February 2013 - 01:31 AM.

#140    missterri

missterri

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

View PostEldorado, on 27 February 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Excuse me, cousins.  Why is this case garnering so much attention?  I've read US media reports and the Wikipedia entry but there's no hint for me as to why this case in particular should hog the headlines.  Seems a bit like a soap opera, if you'll forgive me for saying.

*clueless and curious*

BINGO! Havnt you noticed how  popular soap operas are?? It has EVERYTHING.. sex, tragedy, suspense, murder, love, hate.. etc etc.. Real Life that is stranger than fiction....It is sell-able.. so the networks are capitalizing on it, of course. Although I started out watching thinking I wanted to LEARN more about our justice system, I admit I have become HOOKED on what will happen next in the "story"....

ps.. guess i figured it out how to add.. whoop!

Edited by missterri, 28 February 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#141    spayneuter

spayneuter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• Live Long And Prosper.
    Please spay and neuter.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 27 February 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Since I`ve been  viewing this case,it was said Joni`s hobby was a photoapher,  her and Tarvis were into kinky sex, theres nudity pictures in the camera that day right before she killed him. Joni said  he worked hard to get his body in top form before his trip with this another girl and he wanted Joni to take pictures of his new body in the shower that would give his body a nice look with the water. Joni said the knife he used to cut the rope that he used to tie her up in the kinky sex was also in the bathroom.

Thank you!  I did not know where the knife came from.

What a man dwells on, he becomes.

#142    spayneuter

spayneuter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• Live Long And Prosper.
    Please spay and neuter.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 27 February 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

slight headache but to answer you question since i dont wanna leave the thread without answering it, i think hes doing the best he can given the type of individual arias is, shes calculated cold and very manipulative so you have to work your case around it so the person on trial isnt the one controlling how you do your work, its a tough job glad im not a prosecuter id have probably thrown her through a wall by now. howveer i think hes doing a fine job destroying her credibility and showing the jury just how much this woman can lie through her teeth with a smile. however the more and more i think about the case the less and less i feel she will get the death penalty, she rightfully deserves death imo but it probably wont happen.

doc there was no rope.... edit: cause im a dummy. there be rope.

Hope you don't go.  I went to WS today and it's has a lot of people posting snide juvenile remarks but not a lot of people with thoughtful questions nor possible answers.   I don't think she will get the death penalty either.  I fear the prosecutor, by his treatment of her, has made her a more sympathetic character to even one juror.  I wish he were more polite so her lies and manipulations would be easier to see.

#143    spayneuter

spayneuter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• Live Long And Prosper.
    Please spay and neuter.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

View PostEldorado, on 27 February 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

*clueless and curious*

I can't speak to why everybody else is interested in this case but I'm interested in WHY she viciously murdered a man like she did.  What went on in her head?  What did she think Travis did to her that justifies what she did to him?  I'm ready to say that I think it was premeditated now.  Did she really think she would get away with this?  Is she a psychopath/sociopath?  She does have some characteristics of one.

#144    spayneuter

spayneuter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• Live Long And Prosper.
    Please spay and neuter.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

View Postmissterri, on 28 February 2013 - 01:26 AM, said:

I haven't yet figured out how to add to someones post, or add it  to mine... which ever. I find you all very interesting and glad I found this site....I have a question.... Does the state have to prove premeditation? Or does it have to DISPROVE self defense?? I am really new to trials.. but find this case very addictive!

That is for 1st degree murder. I think I understand she could also receive lesser..

I believe the state has to prove premeditation for it to be 1st degree murder.  The confusing part for me is that premeditation can occur in as little as a few seconds.   If she can prove self defense, I believe she can be acquitted.   But that's not gonna happen here.

#145    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

View Postregi, on 27 February 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

When you say "armchair PROSECUTORS", it insinuates that you're referring to anyone with an opinion of guilt.
And whether I'm calm or not is none of your business.
This is REAL life, with a REAL victim, and Arias is the REAL killer.
I can only wonder if you'd take the same position if it were your loved one Arias shot in the head, stabbed repeatedly, nearly decapitated, and would have left in that shower stall indefinitely.
Now you've got it right.  It's a statement made about a universal group of people, highly correlated to Nancy Grace viewers to be sure. Yes, people ARE guilty of rushing to judgment and violating presumption of innocence, yes.  I take Due Process very seriously as that is our rule of law, and thankfully so.   That's a very big deal when REAL life is concerned.  This is about more than the life and death of one person regi, and we seem a bit too eager to double down on the death side of things, jmho of course.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#146    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,224 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

View Postspayneuter, on 28 February 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

I can't speak to why everybody else is interested in this case but I'm interested in WHY she viciously murdered a man like she did.  What went on in her head?  What did she think Travis did to her that justifies what she did to him?  I'm ready to say that I think it was premeditated now.  Did she really think she would get away with this?  Is she a psychopath/sociopath?  She does have some characteristics of one.

That was my interest to, how this soft spoken girl could have done such a horriable thing. The weapons ,so far they don`nt have the gun.Jodi said on the stand the gun she used was Travis`s gun in his closet, that she threw in the dessert after the defence killing.  Friends say Travis never own a gun. There a gun that was stolen from Jodi grandmothers house that they say was the same type gun that killed travis.The knife was in the dishwasher,wash and cleaned. The only proof they have of Jodi being there is the bloody hand print, hers hairs and the photos found in the camera that were in the washer machine dated June 4, the day he was killed. Jodi does admit she killed travis in self defence, with his gun. but how the defence is going to prove that is beyond me.,with no gun as the evidence and to who`s gun it was. To prove premeditation, the proscution has to prove she brought that gun of her grandmothers with her.`Im not sure, but I don`t think they have found that gun of yet.

#147    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,206 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Thank you for your replies, cousins! :)

I was thinking that I had missed something e.g. the guy was famous in some way, but i can see now it's just one of those cases which has all the ingredients that the media, and ourselves, love and they have latched onto it.

I hope you don't think I was having a shot at anyones interest in the case; if it's covered so widely and intensely it's natural in my opinion to have a look-see and form an opinion.  A bit hard to avoid, in fact.  I just hope the woman gets a fair and honest judgement that hasn't been influenced by public opinion.  We all deserve that, no matter the crime.

#148    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,224 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Then there may be the truth of what really happen,some say Jodi was really angey travis was not taking her on the trip, but was going with another girl in two days , she just started stabbing him in the shower and as he ran out kept stabbing him in the back and down the hall, where she cut his throat , then dragged his body back into the bath room ,where she ran got the gun that she was planning to kill him with and shot him.The photos does show him alive in the shower at 5.29 and of her holding his inguire body at 5.31, as some pointed out it is possiable she could have stabbed him 27 times in that time frame.

#149    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostEldorado, on 28 February 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

Thank you for your replies, cousins! :)

I was thinking that I had missed something e.g. the guy was famous in some way, but i can see now it's just one of those cases which has all the ingredients that the media, and ourselves, love and they have latched onto it.

I hope you don't think I was having a shot at anyones interest in the case; if it's covered so widely and intensely it's natural in my opinion to have a look-see and form an opinion.  A bit hard to avoid, in fact.  I just hope the woman gets a fair and honest judgement that hasn't been influenced by public opinion.  We all deserve that, no matter the crime.
It's a legitimate concern under the circumstances.  Unfortunately THIS (see the link below) is what Americans are being fed, for an hour a day, on prime time cable television.  And I would be underestimating it to say it was only one hour a day, because the hour before Nancy Grace is fixated on the exact same thing.   I hope you can view the video but if not, take my word, fair and balanced it ain't.   I'll be a little bit kind to Nancy Grace here though and I won't air any of her despicable obsession with the Duke University Lacrosse rapists...errr....nice young gentlemen.

#150    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,206 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostYamato, on 28 February 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

It's a legitimate concern under the circumstances.  Unfortunately THIS (see the link below) is what Americans are being fed, for an hour a day, on prime time cable television.  And I would be underestimating it to say it was only one hour a day, because the hour before Nancy Grace is fixated on the exact same thing.   I hope you can view the video but if not, take my word, fair and balanced it ain't.

Thank you.. I'll view it later.

Is the Jury not locked away in a nice hotel without access to media that could influence them?  (Excuse my ignorance)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users