Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Jodi Arias Trial

• Please log in to reply
841 replies to this topic

#361    spayneuter

spayneuter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• Live Long And Prosper.
    Please spay and neuter.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 08 March 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

Gee guys I am starting to believe her whole story, even though she did lie to cover it all up.  She might have feared for her life, but the horiffic way she ended Travis`s life was wrong, which to me was just nothing but pure rage. She could have ran out of the bathroom after the shooting.If I were  to convict her,life.

I want to believe her.  I keep trying  to believe her.    But what she did makes no sense at all.  I don't hold lying to LE against her.  She knew she was in trouble so she lied.  People do that.  Bottom line:  I don't think Travis physically abused her.  She should have plead temporary insanity.  Now that I could believe.

What a man dwells on, he becomes.

#362    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,215 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

Is it impossible to believe that Travis Alexander attacked her and she responded in a rage with an all-out retaliation?    After so much bizarre language from him about rape, sodomy, pedophilia, bondage and force control, it's not impossible to me and far from it.

Self defense and these wounds aren't mutually exclusive.   It can be an act of self defense that conceivably turned into a murder in the midst of a violent battle.   And that's even if she did it, which nobody seems to be questioning but me.

If she took a Polygraph and failed on the answer Yes that she killed Alexander, then Yamato's controversial standards of belief would get some respect.   Conversely, if she answered Yes and passed, I'd let my doubt go.   If this girl was "psycho" or "insane" then we shouldn't even be trusting what she says about what she does or doesn't remember.  She's on trial in a death case, she's obviously going to do everything in her power to get out of this predicament, as would we all.  Using that as the primary prosecution tool is the clearest sign of a weak prosecutor who isn't asking for a much more rigid standard of proof that we have the power and the technology to deploy.   Hard to believe I'm the one asking for the better prosecution and providing ways to get it, yet I'm being shunned for what I think I need to believe in guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#363    Goddess_Lilith

Goddess_Lilith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• Well behaved women rarely make history.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

I thoroughly enjoy watching her work the prosecuting attorney. How is he, with all his education, not able to out smart her on playing words...that's what his whole life and career is based on and he lost pretty much every round to her. I believe Alexander was a preditor and he knew her weakness and he used it to his advantage. I do NOT believe he was this sweet wholesome guy he portrayed himself to be. I think he was d*ck and I think he played a huge part in his own undoing. That being said, I do believe she is guilty but not of first degree murder. I don't think she's mentally well at all. I think there's some real deep seeded issues she's never delt with and I think she needs a hospital, not a prison. She's a very sick person and she needs help. I feel sorry for her and both families.

#364    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

I’ve found this really interesting to read the comments here and the news coverage from the States.  This isn’t a big deal here in the UK, I haven’t seen anything on the news at all.  Someone linked earlier to a Daily mail article and that is the first I have seen it mentioned in a UK paper.  I asked my husband and he had never heard of either of them, or the story itself.

In my opinion, after reading everything here, I believe she is guilty of murder.  And not because she said she killed him (as Yamato said, she lied about other things maybe she lied about that too), but I believe it because I feel that is what the evidence points to.

With her Grandparents gun getting “stolen”, hiring a car and filling canisters with fuel so she didn’t need to stop, changing her hair colour, taking the battery out of her phone..... to me, all this things indicate that it was pre-meditated.

I don’t think he was an angel, but I think she was a willing participant.  I think she enjoyed that kind of scene just as much as he did.  She didn’t want him to go off on a break with another woman, she wanted him herself.  That does not sound like the kind of woman who was getting abused to the extent she said he did.  And the whole “young boys” things, would any woman on here continue a relationship with someone, and keep that secret for them, if you knew your boyfriend was in to young boys????

I don’t think the way she reacted after his death either are the actions of an abused woman who killed a man in self defence.  Obviously no one knows how they would react in that kind of situation.  I would think that if I killed someone, the first thing I would do is call the police.  I wouldn’t start cleaning up, throw the camera in the washing machine, move the body, throw away the gun I used, leave a voice mail making it sound like I was never there and didn’t know he was dead and then send flowers to his grandmother!  That is covering your tracks, not the actions of someone who accidently killed a man who was attacking you.  I would assume you would be shocked and upset and not thinking straight at all. ***obviously this is just my opinion and subject to change if I read about new evidence LOL***

Edited by Moon Gazer, 08 March 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#365    Myles

Myles

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,502 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 08 March 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

I’ve found this really interesting to read the comments here and the news coverage from the States.  This isn’t a big deal here in the UK, I haven’t seen anything on the news at all.  Someone linked earlier to a Daily mail article and that is the first I have seen it mentioned in a UK paper.  I asked my husband and he had never heard of either of them, or the story itself.

In my opinion, after reading everything here, I believe she is guilty of murder.  And not because she said she killed him (as Yamato said, she lied about other things maybe she lied about that too), but I believe it because I feel that is what the evidence points to.

With her Grandparents gun getting “stolen”, hiring a car and filling canisters with fuel so she didn’t need to stop, changing her hair colour, taking the battery out of her phone..... to me, all this things indicate that it was pre-meditated.

I don’t think he was an angel, but I think she was a willing participant.  I think she enjoyed that kind of scene just as much as he did.  She didn’t want him to go off on a break with another woman, she wanted him herself.  That does not sound like the kind of woman who was getting abused to the extent she said he did.  And the whole “young boys” things, would any woman on here continue a relationship with someone, and keep that secret for them, if you knew your boyfriend was in to young boys????

I don’t think the way she reacted after his death either are the actions of an abused woman who killed a man in self defence.  Obviously no one knows how they would react in that kind of situation.  I would think that if I killed someone, the first thing I would do is call the police.  I wouldn’t start cleaning up, throw the camera in the washing machine, move the body, throw away the gun I used, leave a voice mail making it sound like I was never there and didn’t know he was dead and then send flowers to his grandmother!  That is covering your tracks, not the actions of someone who accidently killed a man who was attacking you.  I would assume you would be shocked and upset and not thinking straight at all. ***obviously this is just my opinion and subject to change if I read about new evidence LOL***
I agree.  It all points to pre-meditated.

#366    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,379 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostMyles, on 08 March 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

I agree.  It all points to pre-meditated.

The hair color-  photos showed Jodi`s hair a lighter brown, in a later photo a darker brown and as she said dyed her hair twice in few months. If she was planning to disquised herself, would`nt she have dyed the hair dark once, then lighting the hair back.

The gun and the burglary.If it was Jodi that did the burglary plus taken a TV a stero and and dvd player,  would`nt there have been trace of where she had taken the stuff , a storage unit. a friend , ect.

Gas cans - people always take extra gas crossing the desert.

#367    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 08 March 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

The hair color-  photos showed Jodi`s hair a lighter brown, in a later photo a darker brown and as she said dyed her hair twice in few months. If she was planning to disquised herself, would`nt she have dyed the hair dark once, then lighting the hair back.

The gun and the burglary.If it was Jodi that did the burglary plus taken a TV a stero and and dvd player,  would`nt there have been trace of where she had taken the stuff , a storage unit. a friend , ect.

Gas cans - people always take extra gas crossing the desert.

I'd say any of those things on their own wouldn't be strange, but considering it all ended up with her killing someone then they sound like more than coincidence to me.

#368    Goddess_Lilith

Goddess_Lilith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

I don't know too many women that would allow themselves to be used sexually, that haven't suffered some form of abuse in their life. And yes I said used because I don't think she was a willing participant in the sense that she knew it was going now where with him. I think he made it seem as though he loved her and was going to marry her someday and she believed him because she loved him. I think he did abuse her mentally and emotionally. I don't think she enjoyed any scene....I think she wanted this man, who treated her very poorly, to love her. Now why would anyone want to be with someone if that person treated them so bad? Um idk how about pick up pyschology book and read about how much of a roll a dad/male figure plays in a girls life and what kind of impact having a not so good one can do. Idk about her childhood but I can only assume something was lacking in order for her to seek the love of someone like she did. Again, I think she is guilty but not of 1st degree murder. He could have very well prevented this whole thing had he done what was morally right and not taken advantage and used her.

#369    spayneuter

spayneuter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• Live Long And Prosper.
    Please spay and neuter.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostGoddess_Lilith, on 08 March 2013 - 06:36 AM, said:

I thoroughly enjoy watching her work the prosecuting attorney. How is he, with all his education, not able to out smart her on playing words...that's what his whole life and career is based on and he lost pretty much every round to her. I believe Alexander was a preditor and he knew her weakness and he used it to his advantage. I do NOT believe he was this sweet wholesome guy he portrayed himself to be. I think he was d*ck and I think he played a huge part in his own undoing. That being said, I do believe she is guilty but not of first degree murder. I don't think she's mentally well at all. I think there's some real deep seeded issues she's never delt with and I think she needs a hospital, not a prison. She's a very sick person and she needs help. I feel sorry for her and both families.

I agree with you.  I think Travis destroyed an already damaged woman.  He encouraged her delusions when he wanted sex.  Then he broke her heart over and over again.  That said, she murdered him and I believe it was premeditated.  I think she needs to be in prison for the rest of her life to protect society.

What a man dwells on, he becomes.

#370    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostGoddess_Lilith, on 08 March 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

I don't know too many women that would allow themselves to be used sexually, that haven't suffered some form of abuse in their life. And yes I said used because I don't think she was a willing participant in the sense that she knew it was going now where with him. I think he made it seem as though he loved her and was going to marry her someday and she believed him because she loved him. I think he did abuse her mentally and emotionally. I don't think she enjoyed any scene....I think she wanted this man, who treated her very poorly, to love her. Now why would anyone want to be with someone if that person treated them so bad? Um idk how about pick up pyschology book and read about how much of a roll a dad/male figure plays in a girls life and what kind of impact having a not so good one can do. Idk about her childhood but I can only assume something was lacking in order for her to seek the love of someone like she did. Again, I think she is guilty but not of 1st degree murder. He could have very well prevented this whole thing had he done what was morally right and not taken advantage and used her.

If I was to believe that she wasn't a willing participant and that she was indeed used and abused by this man, then yes I could totally agree with your statement.  However I don't believe that, we only have her word for it.  Unfortunately the only person (still alive) who knows the 100% truth is Jodi.

Just out of interest, I know she changed her story from knowing nothing, to masked burglar, to self defense.  But when did she submit that final plea?  Was it early on after she was arrested?  I was reading on a news site earlier that said it was 2 years after being arrested that she eventually pleaded self defense.  Does anyone know if that is true or just media hype.

#371    Goddess_Lilith

Goddess_Lilith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

The only way anyone would be a willing participant in that situation is if they had the upper hand and/or it was an equal playing field. Which in this case neither of those would be true on arias part or else she wouldn't had felt the need to kill him. Ya where do I sign up to participate in sexual activities with a man who treats me like crap EXCEPT for when he wants to get off and doesn't benefit me at all?? That sounds like every woman's dream!! Haha come on now give me a break.

#372    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostGoddess_Lilith, on 08 March 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

The only way anyone would be a willing participant in that situation is if they had the upper hand and/or it was an equal playing field. Which in this case neither of those would be true on arias part or else she wouldn't had felt the need to kill him. Ya where do I sign up to participate in sexual activities with a man who treats me like crap EXCEPT for when he wants to get off and doesn't benefit me at all?? That sounds like every woman's dream!! Haha come on now give me a break.

But how do we know he treat her like crap apart from her saying so?  I'll admit to not listening to all the tapes and reading all the details of the trial so correct me if I am wrong, but she sounded (to me) to be getting off on that kind of stuff as much as he was.  Any violence and mis-treatment has only been mentioned by her since she changed her statement (or are there witnesses and evidence proving it apart from her saying it is true)?

#373    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,245 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Jodi Arias Jurors Aren't Satisfied With Her Excuses For Mutilating Her Ex

PHOENIX (AP) — Jurors in Jodi Arias' murder trial made it clear they aren't satisfied with her stories about why she killed her lover, then methodically covered her tracks and couldn't recall much of anything from the day.

Read more: http://www.businessi...3#ixzz2MxhnV9DN

Read more: http://www.businessi...3#ixzz2Mxhbi0F4

doesn't look too good for Ms Arias

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#374    Goddess_Lilith

Goddess_Lilith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Because if he would have treated her good he'd probably still be alive...that's probably one of the biggest indications he wasn't the nicest to her. But also because if you watch her on the stand she tries to avoid completely trashing him. She'll say things he'd done or said in an almost nice way and then a lot times follows it up with a way to defend his actions or make them seem lesser and even when certain things are brought up about him, things he said in emails(which they have as proof) that aren't very nice she almost seems to defend him in a way, which is a pattern so often seen from abused women.

#375    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostGoddess_Lilith, on 08 March 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

Because if he would have treated her good he'd probably still be alive...that's probably one of the biggest indications he wasn't the nicest to her. But also because if you watch her on the stand she tries to avoid completely trashing him. She'll say things he'd done or said in an almost nice way and then a lot times follows it up with a way to defend his actions or make them seem lesser and even when certain things are brought up about him, things he said in emails(which they have as proof) that aren't very nice she almost seems to defend him in a way, which is a pattern so often seen from abused women.

Or it could be an indicator she was a jealous obsessed woman who used sex to keep him coming back to her, secretly recording their phone sex conversations so they could be used to blackmail him?

And of course she would defend him, she is trying to paint this picture of an abused woman who just fell in love.  She doesn't want the jury to believe she can be cruel or nasty herself.

I don't know, I only have my opinions, as do you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users