Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Jodi Arias Trial

• Please log in to reply
836 replies to this topic

#556    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" H.S. Thompson
    Avatar: The Comet Kid by Bob Sacha

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

View Postregi, on 24 March 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

:lol:  I don't know, but I find it annoying!
I know it's a strategy to make eye contact with jurors.

I'd bet her lawyers counseled her to look at jury, connect however or whoever she can connect with.  More than a few men on the jury, I'm curious but won't go there.  They'll talk after trial I'm sure. heck, they'll get paid to talk.  Aside from opening and closing statements, lawyers aren't really about the jury until  then.

I thought she is so obvious about shifting her gaze to jury, that doing so is, in part, her way of showing her contempt for Martinez, have you felt that at all?  She, as has been her style so far, behaves as if she's got it all in the palm of her hand.  From interrogation to most of her time on the stand, (oh and tv documentary disaster).  It's looked that way to me. Though I'm trying to be impartial as much as possible, she makes it hard IMO, must admit!

History of The Eagles is on, I was waiting for this to rerun.  :tu:

#557    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

View PostLeftcoastgal, on 25 March 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

I'd bet her lawyers counseled her to look at jury, connect however or whoever she can connect with.  More than a few men on the jury, I'm curious but won't go there.  They'll talk after trial I'm sure. heck, they'll get paid to talk.  Aside from opening and closing statements, lawyers aren't really about the jury until  then.

I thought she is so obvious about shifting her gaze to jury, that doing so is, in part, her way of showing her contempt for Martinez, have you felt that at all?  She, as has been her style so far, behaves as if she's got it all in the palm of her hand.  From interrogation to most of her time on the stand, (oh and tv documentary disaster).  It's looked that way to me. Though I'm trying to be impartial as much as possible, she makes it hard IMO, must admit!

These are my thoughts exactly! And why I was asking about whether people normally look at the jury haha. :tu:

Posted Image

#558    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

View PostQueen in the North, on 25 March 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

These are my thoughts exactly! And why I was asking about whether people normally look at the jury haha. :tu:
Hi there Queen o' the North... Thinking on this for a bit and you know, it's certainly something one would have to try hard to be mindful of, looking at the jury when delivering answers. Witness stand or not,  the sum total of life experience is that you answer the person who's talking to you. Surreal conditions ... changes everything I guess.

I swear, I wouldn't be surprised if this case/the defendant end up incorporated into psychology and criminal law courses at college/university level in the future.  Alot of aspects to pull together to get what the state of AZ wants for the case.  Either way it goes, how sick she is, or equally, how cunning and masterful she was, (sick but not insane=culpabiity) will be, as they says, "one for the books".  Like a Manson or a Bundy.  All the players must be so tired of it all at this point. People R numb to & from all the lies and sex the case has sifted through, over & over & over ad nauseum.

I'll take some time away from this I think. I'm posting too much, too much time spent with this horror on my mind.  I want to see justice, like we all do.  I hope it doesn't get messed up by the players though, since it seems to be straining peoples last nerve.  Looking forward to the jury tell-all one day.  Have a good evenin'.

#559    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,827 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

I think the lesson for the psychology books is clear:

Guys, don't be a wannabe-child-rapist insensitive disrespectful douche-bag to your girlfriend or she might just kill you and then get away with it.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#560    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

View Postspayneuter, on 23 March 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Why does it matter if Jodi has amnesia or not?  Did she kill him?   Yes.  Was it premeditation?  I have to say yes again.  She planned to kill him if he didn't change his plans about Cancun.
This is how I feel about the whole shindig. The murder happened in 2008 and she was free for a time before they arrested her. She had plenty of time to write in her diary about how manipulative Travis was and her feelings about him after the murder. She took his life. It's recorded on film. Her bloody handprint was on the wall outside the bathroom. Stabbed 27+- times, shot in the head with a certain caliber weapon that was mysteriously reported stolen a month earlier from Gramma's house. Drove 1000 miles with extra cans of fuel as to not leave a paper trail. This screams premeditation and I'm sure that hag remembers every second of the murder.
The thing that attracted me to this trial was seeing the photo of Travis looking into the camera on the last few minutes of life. He had no idea what she had planned for him....

Edited by thewild, 26 March 2013 - 05:38 PM.

Posted Image

#561    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

oh, and hey Aaronsmom and ouiji ouiji!! I remember you all from the Casey anthony trial topic!! Fancy seein you here :tu:

Posted Image

#562    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

View Postthewild, on 26 March 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

oh, and hey Aaronsmom and ouiji ouiji!! I remember you all from the Casey anthony trial topic!! Fancy seein you here :tu:
:st

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#563    boos2u

boos2u

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostLeftcoastgal, on 24 March 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

Hi there boos2u - I kept expecting this to come up at some point earlier on. In fact I'd wondered if it was part of the motive, for the degree of rage expressed in the manner of the attack on him.  As time went on & learning more about them both, and the case, as selfish a person as JA seems to be,  this particular deception may never have crossed her mind.  A baby.. with needs... for years?

As long as he was rejecting her advances towards a life together, you're right,  he was in trouble.  As long as she could get him to have sex with her she continued to believe she had a play with him that she could make. I don't find it difficult to have imagined her showing up in his future, expecting him to come out and play regardless of his relationship status.  He knew at some point he was in danger from her, he had expressed it to some of his friends.  Thoughtful post, thanks.

Thanks and hey to you,Leftcoastgal. I think some of us would agree that she isn't hard to figure out, even though she probably thinks she is brillant.

#564    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

View Postthewild, on 26 March 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Yeah, hey wild, I remember you too! How ya' been? I'm late to the Jodi Arias party. I was hearing about the trial, but didn't know who any of the people were or what the case was. But HLN has been broadcasting it, so gradually I got drawn in. Now I'm pretty well up to speed, although I'm still learning from people here, and some of the coverage.

#565    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

I'm listening to the afternoon testimony. Alyce Laviolette has been offering background on domestic abuse. It's obvious is using her testimony to advance the theory that Arias' murderous actions resemble the psychological damage of battered woman syndrome acting in self-defense against her abuser, and that Alexander has a typical background of a batterer, with drug-addict parents. I guess I can't trash the defense much for that. It's ludicrous, sure...but it's their job to defend Arias, and when you have nothing to work with than pig manure, whatever you can construct will be made out of pig manure.

They have been playing tapes of Arias' interrogation with police, and of some taped phone calls she had with Alexander in which they discussed kinky sex. She sure doesn't sound like an unwilling participant who was coerced into degrading sex acts. She says things like "it's so depraved...I like it!" and she chuckles naughtily. Yeah, real degraded, really coerced.

#566    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

This hasn't got anything to do with anything really, but it just struck me as odd: remember when Jodi was left on her own in the police interview room and the video showed her doing a handstand against the wall? I was reminded of that today when I saw that Amanda Knox will have to attend a re-trial regarding the murder of her British housemate, in Italy. Meredith Kercher was found naked with her throat cut, plus 40 other wounds. But what I remembered was, when Knox was first arrested she was doing cart-wheels in the police station!!

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#567    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,111 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

I just don't care about this. I wonder just what this smoke-screen is hiding. There has to be more important news.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#568    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Today in court:  "if there are two stories in domestic violence, the truth is worse than either of them" Alyce Laviolette

#569    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

I had this video clip in a Watch Later cue, and it surprised me when I finally watched it tiday, thought it might be interesting for others to see.  This was very early on, an evidentiary hearing, The more dedicated sleuths and armchair lawyers & case followers may be familiar with this This will not go over well with those who are firmly decided already on a death penalty being called for in this case.

Good evening to all.  Hey... we're free, no ghosts in the closet, and meaning no harm or foul to anyone anywhere.  Life is good!  Just appreciating this. This dark case brings gratitude up from time to time.

#570    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 27 March 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

This hasn't got anything to do with anything really, but it just struck me as odd: remember when Jodi was left on her own in the police interview room and the video showed her doing a handstand against the wall? I was reminded of that today when I saw that Amanda Knox will have to attend a re-trial regarding the murder of her British housemate, in Italy. Meredith Kercher was found naked with her throat cut, plus 40 other wounds. But what I remembered was, when Knox was first arrested she was doing cart-wheels in the police station!!

Yes ouija, I thought of it too when I saw the clip of Arias doing the headstand. I remembered that when Knox and her bf were in the Italian police station for questioning, waiting there for several hours, Knox reported was doing cartwheels and splits, and maybe a handstand / /headstand too. Weird. I guess it's boring waiting and waiting, but even so....gymnastics in a police station? Strange.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users