Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Jodi Arias Trial

• Please log in to reply
836 replies to this topic

#631    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,493 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostAaronsmom, on 06 April 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

I know ALV said it was a catchy title and that was the only significance. But that in itself calls her credibility into question IMO. The story of Snow White doesn't say anything about domestic violence, a battered woman, etc. She was treated cruelly by her stepmother, but that has no tie-in to being a battered woman. This means ALV invented a title she hoped would catch people's attention without concerning herself with the content having anything to do with domestic abuse or battered woman.

Oh, no way do I buy that about it simply being a catchy title...the very question infers that she COULD HAVE BEEN!- and Martinez :gun: is absolutely correct in calling her out on it because it begs to be revealed whether or not this abuse expert believes Snow White (I can hardly believe I'm typing this) might could have been a battered woman, and how it was that she arrived at any conclusion re: the question!

It appears to be more of the same (gross exaggeration) of what we've already seen of this witness' testimony. :td:

Edited by regi, 06 April 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#632    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,760 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

View Postregi, on 06 April 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

I have no knowledge that Alexander 'invited' Arias over on her way to Utah. Her trip to Utah itself was a ruse. I'm not aware that Alexander ever knew she was coming.

Your right regi it what Jodi had said, I believe there were no emails to prove it. As much as I want to see Jodi side of the accounts, things just don`nt add up,could it be she was planning on killing him to stop him from going to Cacoon out of jealousy and rage and just saw it through.Its really going to be tough on the jury to decide.

#633    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,493 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 07 April 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

I believe there were no emails to prove it.

I don't know what her testimony was, but in a recorded phone interview with Detective Flores, Arias told Flores she last spoke to Alexander at about 9:30 pm Tuesday, and that it was when she was in Pasadena (of course, she would know phone recs. would show that much to be true). She went on to explain that she was bored and was calling people and called Alexander, but it was just for a few minutes to say hi.

#634    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,760 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

HLN is presenting the opening statements and something I did`nt know. The defence said the rope that Jodi claimed Tavis had cut and tied her up with is the kind that is used to tie back curtains, that soft twisted robey kind of rope that has tassles on the ends. The rope that was found on the steps the poscution claim was a tassle from a pillow,but it is could be from the kind of curtain rope. Well anyhow it could some evidence why the knife was near by.

http://www.bing.com/...ssles&FORM=IGRE

#635    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

I wanted to post this yesterday but couldn't because my connection was down all day. That cross by JM of ALV about her keynotes vs. break-out sessions at conferences listed on her CV got tedious, but there was a humorous aspect to it. I have a little background in academia, and in my experience, I have learned a lot about conferences and their structure. There are keynote addresses, and there can be a different keynote every day. There are always break-out conferences--that is the main body of conference activities. Usually, a break-out session has a panel (it can be a small panel), with a facilitator. From my experience, those who are panelists and facilitators can list that participation on their CVs, and usually and often do. Nothing wrong with that. But a break-out session is NOT a keynote address. I have never heard of a "keynote break-out session". Now ALV is not the first CV author to pad her CV or inflate her role in experiences. But JM is poking toothpicks (when needed) into spider size crevices of misrepresentations in ALV's CV to expose them to the light of day. Under any other circumstance, it would be petty. But as a prosecutor, his job is to discredit the witness, so he will use whatever he has. I don't think it's that big a deal, but OMG, how embarrassing! Millions of people are watching this televised trial, and this expert is getting creamed in regard to her honest reporting of her experience. It's always embarrassing getting caught in a lie, even the little fibs, isn't it? I wouldn't want to be her. Makes me want to dig out my old CV and go over it with a fine-tooth comb.

#636    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" H.S. Thompson
    Avatar: The Comet Kid by Bob Sacha

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Alyce LaViolette's CV - http://www.alycelavi...Violette-cv.pdf

Hard to imagine she's the fake JM, HLN and others are attempting to make of her. Lists speaking engagements as far back as 1981.  While I don't buy the whole package ALV is selling for defense team, I do now believe the relationship between the two primaries to have been pretty abusive, on both sides.  That it ended as it did will always be a tragic loss which no one deserves in any circumstance.  Nobody wins in this, nobody.

The trial has become such a circus, it's ancillary products, the huge revenue it's generating by pushing the sensationalism angle, the hateful agenda, all the tv stations of the Nancy Grace school getting fatter, it's hard to watch. They are not concerned about justice based on truth, but on a sensational witch hunt for profit.  HLN is to our legal system what Fox News is to our political system.

Guess I'm not cut out for following stuff like this.  It's obscene to me at this point.

#637    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,760 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

The proscution should focus on how Jodi slaughter poor Tarvis more then anything else,and that was no way in self defence.

#638    backwoods

backwoods

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 05 April 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

He was just as likely to have 'suffered and been in a lot of pain' if the gunshot was the first wound because the gunshot wasn't enough to have killed him.
I'm sure that he was shot first,but that one will be a tough one for the prosecution to prove. I think the gun stolen from her grandparent's home was more than coincidental and if not then I don't think anyone would take a gun to a murder scene and then use a knife.Was there ever any evidence that said Travis ever owned a gun? I think the whole thing was premeditated but for some reason the gun only fired once and the shot didn't kill him and she freaked out. Her whole plan of killing him in the shower,to reduce the physical evidence,was suddenly gone wrong and she frantically went to the kitchen and got the knife. I think she reentered the bathroom,while he was bent over the sink spitting blood,and she began stabbing him in the back. He exited the bathroom and with his back against the hallway wall (hence the large smear down the wall) began trying to fight her off and this is where the defensive wounds to his hands came in. I think he fell on his back at the end of the hallway and she was on top of him stabbing him in the chest. He rolled over to protect his face and chest and thats when she grabbed his hair,pulled his head back,and cut his throat. I also think she had sex with him just to give him one last chance to change his mind about the trip to Cacun and to take her back. She knew what she was going to do if he still didn't want her. The cell phone being turned off and the gas cans all fit into premeditation. She even wrote in her diary like she had no idea what had happened  to him,which makes me believe the whole diary was made up. We can't forget just how manipulative this woman can be. Travis was her chance to live the kind of life she felt she deserved and she thought she had him in the palm of her hand.

#639    backwoods

backwoods

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostLeftcoastgal, on 09 April 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

Alyce LaViolette's CV - http://www.alycelavi...Violette-cv.pdf

Hard to imagine she's the fake JM, HLN and others are attempting to make of her. Lists speaking engagements as far back as 1981.  While I don't buy the whole package ALV is selling for defense team, I do now believe the relationship between the two primaries to have been pretty abusive, on both sides.  That it ended as it did will always be a tragic loss which no one deserves in any circumstance.  Nobody wins in this, nobody.

The trial has become such a circus, it's ancillary products, the huge revenue it's generating by pushing the sensationalism angle, the hateful agenda, all the tv stations of the Nancy Grace school getting fatter, it's hard to watch. They are not concerned about justice based on truth, but on a sensational witch hunt for profit.  HLN is to our legal system what Fox News is to our political system.

Guess I'm not cut out for following stuff like this.  It's obscene to me at this point.
ALV just seems to be coming off as more of a hired gun than an abuse expert. Even though she is probably the mark to which all other abuse therapist's measure themselves.

#640    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

View Postbackwoods, on 10 April 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

ALV just seems to be coming off as more of a hired gun than an abuse expert. Even though she is probably the mark to which all other abuse therapist's measure themselves.

hey there backwater... yep, nail on the head on the hired guns comment.  So many of them do sound this way when they argue bullet point by bullet point, no pun intended. And yet again, on both sides of  the fence, both sides pointing fingers at the other side for what they both do. (Not unlike politics really). The defense even brought another Medical Examiner on the stand to give an opinion as to the final report of the ME who actually did the hands-on job. But... they've done their jobs if they get even one of the jury to discuss options presented, yeah?

One can't envy a jury their task in these huge messy highly-charged murder trials.  It will be interesting to hear them talk about it when it's over and done with, no matter how it goes. I'll listen, though wouldn't buy books of this nature.  I don't feed that pest lest I make it feel welcome in the world of literature.  Hah.. sounds lofty, though I don't mean it that way.  A juror profiting...?  Bad taste left behind, that's all.

#641    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Social Media & Witness Tampering?

Interesting article from AZ news circuit.  Will this end tv in the courtroom?

My comment is I don't support freedom of speech extending to the level of harassing witnesses in court proceedings.  But... that's just me.

http://www.azcentral...dias-glare.html

#642    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

I was thinking today, too, listening to ALV's redirect testimony that she sounds like a hired gun. I don't know what the jury is thinking but my guess is if some of us have perceived this, some of them probably have too.

The relationship does sound sick. It has all the trademarks of a mutually obsessive relationship held together by equal parts of kinky-sex-obsession. So what? Look which one is alive and which one is dead. Look at how the dead one died. Now tell me which one was the abuser and which one was abused? Case closed.

#643    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,493 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

I don't know I can say about this case anymore. It's to the point where I'm left almost speechless.

I think Martinez did an brilliant job of discrediting that abuse experts' opinions, and I was very impressed with the way Martinez demonstrated bias in her conclusions. :gun:

The thing is, an expert witness should be considered an independent witness regardless of which side has hired them, but in this case, both of the defense experts showed bias!
Their demeanor on the stand, alone, repeatedly demonstrated their bias as both continually looked to the defense throughout their testimony and especially during their cross-exams! :td:

The following is the abuse experts primary reason for believing Arias.
She was asked if all of Arias' lies caused her problems in believing Arias. She said "No, they don't", and when asked why not, she said "Because if Arias was a really good liar, she would have planned a really good lie and she didn't."

What can one say? :no:

Edited by regi, 12 April 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#644    backwoods

backwoods

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostAaronsmom, on 12 April 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

I was thinking today, too, listening to ALV's redirect testimony that she sounds like a hired gun. I don't know what the jury is thinking but my guess is if some of us have perceived this, some of them probably have too.

The relationship does sound sick. It has all the trademarks of a mutually obsessive relationship held together by equal parts of kinky-sex-obsession. So what? Look which one is alive and which one is dead. Look at how the dead one died. Now tell me which one was the abuser and which one was abused? Case closed.
Notice how easily she answers the yes/no questions from the defense but could not,without stern direction from WM,answer not one single Y/N from the prosecution. It makes me wonder if she hasn't been promised a bonus if the defendant is aquitted,lol.

#645    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

What day are we on now guys?

I'm watching Jodi on day 45 - so infuriating that she won't answer a single question directly, and instead of just saying "yes" when the prosecutor is right, rephrases the question in her answer to make it sound like Martinez was wrong!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users