Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Jodi Arias Trial

• Please log in to reply
840 replies to this topic

#736    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,319 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

Well, I'm not the least bit surprised about the verdict, though I have not paid attention to every detail of the trial.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#737    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 4,208 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

Well  I guessed right, murder in the frist degree.How could the defense ever have proven she did not planned travis murder, when there was so evidence she did, but I was holding my breath thinking ok what if they do come  back not gulity like the Casy and most of these media trials and  Jodi had just walked away.The news did say there was one women jurer that was crying like she didn`t want to really give in to that verdict

#738    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

I think based on evidence, they made the right decision.

I bet Travis's family are so relieved.  I thought it would be guilty but like Docyabut2 mentioned, other people who have seemingly being guilty have walked free from jail before today.   I bet there are many many people breathing a sigh of relief that she has been found guilty and the trial is finally over.

#739    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

inadequate

• 10,560 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 09 May 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

Well  I guessed right, murder in the frist degree.How could the defense ever have proven she did not planned travis murder, when there was so evidence she did, but I was holding my breath thinking ok what if they do come  back not gulity like the Casy and most of these media trials and  Jodi had just walked away.The news did say there was one women jurer that was crying like she didn`t want to really give in to that verdict

I think the Casey Anthony case was very different to this ...... for a start, she never admitted to killing her child, but Arias admitted killing Travis.

'What she prayed for was nothing. She prayed that God would look on them and see the beauty of their existence .................... and leave them alone.'  from 'Bel Canto' by Ann Patchett

#740    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,376 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

I keep on thinking when she said "no jury will ever convict me" or something like that. I think that came back to haunt her, and bite her in the *snip*. Sorry, but I just feel like, "what arrogance" (to say that).

Posted Image

#741    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,770 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Is she dead yet?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#742    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 5,016 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

I am curious to Yomato's thoughts

#743    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

She stated yesterday that she would prefer the death penalty rather than spend the rest of her life in Jail,some say she was playing mind games with the Jury,I say give her death she deserves it.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#744    archer95446

archer95446

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

• The picture is of my great great grandparents, on their 60th wedding anniversary!!!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

IMO, she is trying to manipulate the jury, through, reverse psychology, by saying that she wants the death penalty.  She's not
a very good actress!!!

#745    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

inadequate

• 10,560 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

................. and an even worse psychologist, lol!

'What she prayed for was nothing. She prayed that God would look on them and see the beauty of their existence .................... and leave them alone.'  from 'Bel Canto' by Ann Patchett

#746    boos2u

boos2u

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 09 May 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

She stated yesterday that she would prefer the death penalty rather than spend the rest of her life in Jail,some say she was playing mind games with the Jury,I say give her death she deserves it.
But, life in prison would be good, too. She would waste away, watching herself grow older, lacking a larger pool of anyone to manipulate and use. I've heard prison is hard on your looks and she is not as beautiful as she thinks she is to begin with. I'm just thinking she will play the religious game - "Oh look how religious I am. I am close to God. I AM a good person." :rolleyes:  - and someone on the review board falls for it and they set her free after a few years. I've seen some of her so-called art work that has a religious theme. (Also, I see her portraits look a little like the celebrities she is trying to draw and a lot like - huumm - Jodi Arias!) Nothing against religion, but I don't think killers should be able to use it to their advantage. IMHO, she could kill again, because she never saw that she did anything wrong. I'm just glad that the jury saw through her lies.

Edited by boos2u, 09 May 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#747    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,802 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

View Postboos2u, on 09 May 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

the review board falls for it and they set her free after a few years.

From what I understand, at the very least, she's spending the next 25 years behind bars. (It'll be 25 years minimum before she could/would be considered for parole.)

Edited by regi, 09 May 2013 - 11:44 PM.

#748    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,376 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

A friend of mine who used to work in the justice system says "religion is the first refuge of every rogue" meaning when they go to jail, all of a sudden they've "seen the light". Yeah, right.

Posted Image

#749    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

View Postboos2u, on 09 May 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

But, life in prison would be good, too. She would waste away, watching herself grow older, lacking a larger pool of anyone to manipulate and use. I've heard prison is hard on your looks and she is not as beautiful as she thinks she is to begin with. I'm just thinking she will play the religious game - "Oh look how religious I am. I am close to God. I AM a good person." :rolleyes:  - and someone on the review board falls for it and they set her free after a few years. I've seen some of her so-called art work that has a religious theme. (Also, I see her portraits look a little like the celebrities she is trying to draw and a lot like - huumm - Jodi Arias!) Nothing against religion, but I don't think killers should be able to use it to their advantage. IMHO, she could kill again, because she never saw that she did anything wrong. I'm just glad that the jury saw through her lies.

True enough,she came across as a cold souless heartless B**ch.Fortunately the Jury picked up on this,and any other verdict would have been a miscarriage of justice.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#750    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,323 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

View PostMyles, on 09 May 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

I am curious to Yamato's thoughts
regi was right!

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users