Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Many Huge UFOs near the Sun 02/6, 2013

ufos ufos sun near sun ufos

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 4,055 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Yep.  Job done.  I'll be off now.

:D

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - ChrLzs

#32    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 11 February 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

My pleasure!  If anyone has a specific low-res Stereo image that they would like to investigate, please feel free to post it here (along with all the date and time data, which is embedded in the image and filename) and I'll happily show more science at work, and even point out exactly why the strange dark areas appear around the little bright specks, and why they often form those straight edged / symmetrical patterns.  It's all about how jpeg compression works.

FTR, I've never worked at NASA, they don't pay me anything, and I also have a love-hate relationship with them.  I love/d Apollo (and Mercury, Gemini), Explorer, Voyager, Pioneer, SOHO / Stereo, Spirit/Opportunity/Curiosity, LRO.. but hated Skylab and the Shuttle program, was mortified by the rank stupidity that caused Hubble to be such a myopic telescope initially, but loved it after it was fixed, and am pretty neutral about ISS (love watching it pass overhead at night though!).  I also think some of their decisions, like the one to enlarge and over-process these Stereo low-resolution images so much, are feeding conspiracy theorists.

I confess I sometimes wonder if they do some of it just to have a laugh at what the CT brigade can come up with next..
NASA's also learned the metric system since this screwup...that's progress!
http://en.wikipedia....Climate_Orbiter

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#33    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

Asteroids and Commits. They fly into our sun constantly, even come very close to the atmosphere and shed off exterior as they pass in their orbits.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users