Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Fox Bites Off Baby's Finger In Cot Attack

fox cot finger baby bromley

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#16    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostCoffey, on 10 February 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

Well they left their back door open from what I've read. Pretty stupid thing to do when a baby is unattended.

They are shoving this story all over the place and trying to call for a cull.... We all know the true agenda. Boris Johnson wants fox hunting back, that's why he is saying that rubbish.
True, he probably does, but as i have said, its not going to stop people throwing their food waste onto the streets.
The reason the councils had to get the big close top bins in the first place is because if the rubbish increase on the streets and they had to stop the foxes getting into them.
Some of the bins have locks, and if they are locked, people just throw the rubbish on the floor beside the bins. The reason some are locked is because the kids were setting fire to them. Maybe it would be better to invest in non flammable big bins....when they have the money.
many of the private fast food chains do not bother with the commercial bins because they do not want to pay for them, so once again, they use their smaller free bins and the overflow goes onto the streets.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#17    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 February 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

True, he probably does, but as i have said, its not going to stop people throwing their food waste onto the streets.
The reason the councils had to get the big close top bins in the first place is because if the rubbish increase on the streets and they had to stop the foxes getting into them.
Some of the bins have locks, and if they are locked, people just throw the rubbish on the floor beside the bins. The reason some are locked is because the kids were setting fire to them. Maybe it would be better to invest in non flammable big bins....when they have the money.
many of the private fast food chains do not bother with the commercial bins because they do not want to pay for them, so once again, they use their smaller free bins and the overflow goes onto the streets.

That's true.

On top fo that most people get their bins taken every 2 weeks. It used to be weekly. I can't imagine how a family of 4 deals with that, me and my hosuemate struggle witht he 2 of us. Over Christmas it was a 3 week gap between the bins being taken. I seen some of my neighbours with piles of bin bags out the back of their houses.

Then they rasie council tax... lol

Edited by Coffey, 10 February 2013 - 08:44 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#18    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostCoffey, on 10 February 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

That's true.

On top fo that most people get their bins taken every 2 weeks. It used to be weekly. I can't imagine how a family of 4 deals with that, me and my hosuemate struggle witht he 2 of us. Over Christmas it was a 3 week gap between the bins being taken. I seen some of my neighbours with piles of bin bags out the back of their houses.

And the bin men strikes always "conveniently" happen during the hot summer months. Its hygienically incorrect to try and bury dead body in your back yard less than 6 foot underground in the heat, let alone leaving rubbish on the streets for weeks on ends.  I am sure they do it on purpose!!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#19    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 February 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

And the bin men strikes always "conveniently" happen during the hot summer months. Its hygienically incorrect to try and bury dead body in your back yard less than 6 foot underground in the heat, let alone leaving rubbish on the streets for weeks on ends.  I am sure they do it on purpose!!

Haha, That made me laugh!

#20    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

The last mention of a baby (allegedly)being attacked by a fox was 3yrs ago. Now, think about all the children who have been maimed or killed by pitbull-type dogs in that time ....... why are there any of these type of dogs in this country? Especially when most of them seem to be owned by irresponsible morons? And why are most of those dogs owned anyway ..... so that they can be used in illegal dog/badger fights. How about the government sorts out that pressing problem first.

Edited by ouija ouija, 10 February 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#21    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Thing with the bring fox hunting back because they're mauling our baba's message is, the problem is urban foxes. How often to the hunts go round the outskirts of major cities clopping along pavements and avoiding wheelie bins? They hunt in the countryside where they aren't a problem.

Posted Image

#22    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,635 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 10 February 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

The last mention of a baby (allegedly)being attacked by a fox was 3yrs ago. Now, think about all the children who have been maimed or killed by pitbull-type dogs in that time ....... why are there any of these type of dogs in this country? Especially when most of them seem to be owned by irresponsible morons? And why are most of those dogs owned anyway ..... so that they can be used in illegal dog/badger fights. How about the government sorts out that pressing problem first.
So true, foxes maiming babies or children is not a regular occurrence.  As for the amount of foxes, there are a lot in certain areas, mainly areas where food is available. For those who want to bring back fox hunting, I do not see how they are going to achieve that in  the towns? And as I have said, it will not make people any more hygienic.
The area I lived in had many foxes, but although they would rip up the rubbish bags people could not be bothered to put in the correct bins, the main problem were the pitbulls, or more like their irresponsible young teenage owners who used them as "weapons". This was put a stop to in many areas and they are no longer allowed to keep them.

View PostQueen in the North, on 10 February 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

Thing with the bring fox hunting back because they're mauling our baba's message is, the problem is urban foxes. How often to the hunts go round the outskirts of major cities clopping along pavements and avoiding wheelie bins? They hunt in the countryside where they aren't a problem.

Absolutely!

#23    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

Good article on Guardian online

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#24    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,094 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostCoffey, on 10 February 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

That's true.

No excuse for generating so much rubbish without recycling.  Food waste collections are weekly so whats the issue?

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#25    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

View PostEldorado, on 10 February 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

It's not much of a fox if it get's caught, imo.

Maybe a Homer fox:

(The Simpsons S6E24)

Homer: Give it back, or we’ll bust in there and take it!  
Shelby’s Dad: Bust in here and take it? You must be stupider than you look!
Homer: Stupider like a fox!

Tally-ho!

(Hope the baby gets well soon; poor wee lamb.)

Ditto!

Edited by Lava_Lady, 11 February 2013 - 05:14 AM.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#26    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,261 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

May I offer a bit of advice...screen doors and windows? It's not like you have bears that will rip a door off the hinges.

Edited by Michelle, 11 February 2013 - 06:14 AM.

#27    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,287 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostMichelle, on 11 February 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

May I offer a bit of advice...screen doors and windows? It's not like you have bears that will rip a door off the hinges.
Easier to blame the fox.  Maybe if there were a screen doors and windows lobby.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#28    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostOppono Astos, on 11 February 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

No excuse for generating so much rubbish without recycling.  Food waste collections are weekly so whats the issue?

Food waste collections where I live are every 2 weeks, same with where my lives in Scotland.

#29    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,635 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 11 February 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

They are no longer weekly and have not been for a few years now. they are fortnightly now, but the councils have but a lot more big bins around, although as I have mentioned, some have locks on, mainly the commercial ones. But the estates do have enough bins.
I still can not understand how in "poverty" areas, how they have so much rubbish, although a lot of it is fast foods junk.
recycling is a no no in many inner areas, they can not even be bothered to throw their rubbish in the bins provided, let alone sectioning them out for recycling.

#30    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,635 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostMichelle, on 11 February 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

They know the foxes are around, they have even been on tv saying so, so to leave a baby unattended with the doors open is not a good idea, foxes or no foxes.

Also tagged with fox, cot, finger, baby, bromley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users