Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gun Control Advocates Practice Hypocrisy ?

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#106    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostThanato, on 12 February 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

600 Lives a year. Not even that many people are killed by guns a year in Canada from Homicides and accedents put together before and during the Long Gun Regestry.
idk, man, it is not me, but your experts said it. if you find these numbers boloney, may be our numbers are boloney as well, don't you think????

RESIDENT TROLL.

#107    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,797 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 12 February 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

WTF where were you guys earlier??  I was fighting the mob myself!!  :D

Funny you say that. I was cruising through the thread earlier yesterday and saw what you were going through and actually considered butting in on your behalf. Mainly to tell you it's kind of regressive to tell the foreigners their opinions don't matter here on UM. It's a losing proposition that I had to learn myself so I figured you could do the same. Being honest, I'm sure I will not always take my own advice and am bound to say similar things again but I try not to. The guys your arguing with aren't so bad. I've had the same argument with Flombie some time ago. Turns out he's not such a tree hugging hippy. He just ain't from around here and can be down to earth on a lot of matters. CORP, he's not so bad either. I disagree with plenty of his views and visa versa but he simply has no fear of overreaching government. Not because he's a tough guy but because he doesn't think they're that bad. Yep, that's how I see you Corp.
Just try and stay on task. Speak your mind and speak as intelligently as possible with common sense if you want your points to be heard and taken seriously. You won't change many minds but with logical arguments it's not impossible. I learned just the the day that information I had posted along with like minded sensible arguments actually has changed one members mind from no guns to pro guns by his own admission and i was overjoyed and vindicated. And that's just one guy who let me know about it. I imagine there are others. So that's my advice but don't be shocked if I don't always follow my own. I'm only human.

View PostCorp, on 12 February 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

So if the ban put in place by Clinton wasn't a horrible blow to gun rights then why is that claim being made for the ban that Obama is trying to put into place?

It's fine behind mindful of future consequences but it needs to be approached in a rational manner. Screaming "they're gonna take our guns!" as some are doing does nothing for their argument.

I was a young teenager during most of the Clinton years and although I remember his Lewinsky scandal quite well I don't remember him as having disdain about this country. Obama said he wants to fundamentally transform the country and that didn't mean the way things work in Washington. Those are pretty heavy words which easily could, and I believe do, mean he wants America in name only because without our founding fundamentals that's exactly what we will become.
Clinton was a liar but I don't think his patriotism was ever questioned. Deny it all you want but Obama, his rhetoric and all the people he has and does surround himself are less than credible as all-Americans.

#108    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

View Postaztek, on 12 February 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

according to experts the regestry saved 600 lives a year, so how much does canadian life cost??????

And other experts put forward that the registry did nothing. And as Thanato those number sound very off. In 2011 Canada had 598 murders in total. Guns accounted for around 160 of those deaths. So unless we had a whole lot of accidental deaths, which I doubt, I don't see how 600 lives could be saved a year. Besides the point I was making was that the concept of freedom really wasn't part of the debate. The focus was more about if the registry was having a noticeable impact or if the money put to it could be better spent elsewhere.

Mr_Fess I've heard it said many times on these boards about how Obama is anti- American, how he wants to destroy the country, etc etc. Frankly I don't see it and most of it comes off as sour grapes. America has survived four years under Obama and it will survive four more years under Obama. He's talked plenty about changing how things work but he hasn't done very much. Even his health care reform was half hearted. The gun reforms are being put forward because he wants to do something about gun crime, not because of some secret plot to destroy America for no reason. Now how effective those reasons will be are another question.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#109    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,797 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostCorp, on 12 February 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Mr_Fess I've heard it said many times on these boards about how Obama is anti- American, how he wants to destroy the country, etc etc. Frankly I don't see it and most of it comes off as sour grapes. America has survived four years under Obama and it will survive four more years under Obama. He's talked plenty about changing how things work but he hasn't done very much. Even his health care reform was half hearted. The gun reforms are being put forward because he wants to do something about gun crime, not because of some secret plot to destroy America for no reason. Now how effective those reasons will be are another question.
Hey I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Just saying what others think and your opinion holds as much water as anyone else's.
I know we'll survive. Thanks in part to our voices, his internal opposition and the steel curtain that is the constitution. However, I pose one simple question to you. Can you say with utmost positivity that if it we kept quiet and didn't recite the second amendment every hour of the day that Obama would take it upon himself to acknowledge the validity of the constitution? Do you honestly believe that he cares for any gun rights whatsoever? Sorry, two questions... I believe he and other elected officials would ban them in a heartbeat if they could. Their concern is less for statistics and more about fearing US and our guns. To that I say Good. They should be. They're supposed to be and so long as they keep their hands off them they'll have nothing to fear.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 12 February 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#110    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostCorp, on 12 February 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

. Besides the point I was making was that the concept of freedom really wasn't part of the debate.
i was not talking about freedom and canada in the same sentance. canadian freedom is something i care little about.you're telling us we have to control our guns more, yet you let your control loose. btw LGR was not the only item on the link i posted.
if you tell me you don't have many crimes, and you can afford to loosen control, thus make guns more available, and more guns will be bought, faster, than it proves my point even more. it is not guns that commit crimes.

Edited by aztek, 12 February 2013 - 10:27 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#111    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 12 February 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

Funny you say that. I was cruising through the thread earlier yesterday and saw what you were going through and actually considered butting in on your behalf. Mainly to tell you it's kind of regressive to tell the foreigners their opinions don't matter here on UM. It's a losing proposition that I had to learn myself so I figured you could do the same. Being honest, I'm sure I will not always take my own advice and am bound to say similar things again but I try not to. The guys your arguing with aren't so bad. I've had the same argument with Flombie some time ago. Turns out he's not such a tree hugging hippy. He just ain't from around here and can be down to earth on a lot of matters. CORP, he's not so bad either. I disagree with plenty of his views and visa versa but he simply has no fear of overreaching government. Not because he's a tough guy but because he doesn't think they're that bad. Yep, that's how I see you Corp.
Just try and stay on task. Speak your mind and speak as intelligently as possible with common sense if you want your points to be heard and taken seriously. You won't change many minds but with logical arguments it's not impossible. I learned just the the day that information I had posted along with like minded sensible arguments actually has changed one members mind from no guns to pro guns by his own admission and i was overjoyed and vindicated. And that's just one guy who let me know about it. I imagine there are others. So that's my advice but don't be shocked if I don't always follow my own. I'm only human.

Now that's what I call a cracking post.. well said

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#112    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,797 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 February 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

Now that's what I call a cracking post.. well said
Thanks! Just don't be mad if I forget to follow my own rules. If I tell you to keep your opinion in Ireland just give me a friendly Internet smack. I'll come back down to earth. Eventually :)

#113    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 12 February 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

Thanks! Just don't be mad if I forget to follow my own rules. If I tell you to keep your opinion in Ireland just give me a friendly Internet smack. I'll come back down to earth. Eventually :)

I'm going to hold you to that  lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 12 February 2013 - 10:54 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#114    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,426 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

I haven't read all the posts yet so I apologize in advance for that, but I got this in an email and I thought it was REALLY interesting...I am attempting to copy and paste here, so here goes:

hhhuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm !   

Why is it that none of the disturbed and evil men, who steal guns, then go and kill movie-goers and children in school, has ever been identified as a conservative NRA member?

Ft Hood~~~ Registered Democrat ~ Muslim

Columbine ~~~ Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats and progressive liberals

Virginia Tech ~~~ Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff ~ Registered Democrat

Colorado Theater ~~~ Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; progressive liberal

Connecticut School Shooter- ~~~ Registered Democrat; hated Christians

Common thread is that all of these shooters were progressive liberal Democrats.

INTERESTING, isn't it?

Proof these are mental illness crimes.

Maybe it's just the Democrats who shouldn't have guns!   

edited so it would be big enough that you can read it.

Edited by Gummug, 13 February 2013 - 04:43 AM.

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know....

#115    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,426 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 11 February 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Look, we don't even have anything like the 2nd amendment, and nobody cares! It is not defining your life as much as you think. I guess that is why "we" (we also have very different ideas of how gun control should be put into practice) are so stunned by your reactions in this debate.
Flombie, I'm sorry if this touches a sensitive nerve, but doesn't the idea, that one of the first things Hitler did was implement gun control, bother you in the least? That as a direct result 6 million Jews and I don't know how many Germans died? That Hitler's gun confiscation imo helped keep him in power and as a result the destruction of Germany ensued?

#116    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Im going on a limb here and gonna guess about 6 million Germans died during WW2 military and civilian combined. Just a number crunch not an opinion.

http://en.wikipedia....in_World_War_II

Edited by AsteroidX, 13 February 2013 - 05:25 AM.

#117    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,508 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

View PostGummug, on 13 February 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

Flombie, I'm sorry if this touches a sensitive nerve, but doesn't the idea, that one of the first things Hitler did was implement gun control, bother you in the least? That as a direct result 6 million Jews and I don't know how many Germans died? That Hitler's gun confiscation imo helped keep him in power and as a result the destruction of Germany ensued?

I find it funny when people say Hitlers gun control allowed his goverment to almost take over Europe with the exact opposite. He created a military just as the US has one the people could never fight. Besides the exact same thing is being used in the US and the west. Government controlled media. Private media can say what it wants as long as they lobby enough. The truth is always far from the facts when it come to agenda media through political agenda. The US and most of us are blind unless we care to look.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#118    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 13 February 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

I find it funny when people say Hitlers gun control allowed his goverment to almost take over Europe with the exact opposite. He created a military just as the US has one the people could never fight. Besides the exact same thing is being used in the US and the west. Government controlled media. Private media can say what it wants as long as they lobby enough. The truth is always far from the facts when it come to agenda media through political agenda. The US and most of us are blind unless we care to look.
I do think you're right, I think the media has a lot to do with the state of things as well...to be honest, I didn't fully understand your post. I'm a little dense sometimes I guess, lol.

#119    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

No... he barred the Jews and undesirables from ever owning any guns. Not the whole country. Anyone but a Jew and undesirables was able to own a gun. That lead to the Holocast of Jews and undesirables. For better understanding, Undesirables were handicapped, mentally ill, and sick individuals. For better understanding, I too would be considered a undesirable in the eyes of Hitler due to my hearing loss. Notice how they are trying to state that it is the handicapped people who shouldn't be able to own a gun in the passed couple of months? Hasn't no one ever caught on to this? Hell the handicapped people can't even joined the military, even if it is to do cleaning duties even though a gun equals everyone. I astonished not one person has seen this parallel... Doesn't matter if they are undesirable, they are still human beings and is protected by the constitution, but Obama and the rest of the politicians are bypassing that fact and saying we shouldn't have the same exact rights. Of course a person who is mentally challenged is dangerous, but the drugs that treat them make them much more dangerous. A person with a mental depression can control it without drugs, but a person with drugs tends to get screwed up even more. If we stopped kicking the can down the road, we could get this fixed and maybe help the Hitler's Undesirables which includes me. This includes making real progress in fixing the defects in our lives, coming up with something that will help is. A pill isn't the answer for everything, but maybe a steady understanding how mental problems actually happen would. For the physical mental problems, physically fixing the problem would be better. Isn't this the time to actually take a leap in that area of science and medical profession?

What is sad, if some of our politicians would have their way, I would have existed because I would have been aborted by the state. I have a feeling tons of the people on these forums wouldn't have existed either. It is right to say we should fear our government, because everyone in the government only know how to destroy and control.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 13 February 2013 - 05:40 AM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#120    Thanato

Thanato

Alien Abducter

• 5,160 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Hitler captivated his nation. He was like a rockstar. He turned a crmbled and defeated nation into the most powerful on Earth. The people wanted to go to war. Hitler could of let the german jewish population keep there rifles but it wouldnt of made much of a differance. The german military was to powerful. German civilians still had guns.

The German people let hitler do what he did and they turned a blind eye. Not a gun ban. Also Hitler didn't take the guns of those he conqoured.

Edited by Thanato, 13 February 2013 - 01:13 PM.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users