Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Pope Benedict Has Resigned - effective 28 Feb

pope vatican resigned

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#46    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 11 February 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

To late - that happened some considerable time ago :tu:

Br Cornelius

The coming Pope is supposed to be the last, is supposed to corrupt Christain values and then the 'Terrible Judge' will massacre everyone for being evil. Including the destruction of Rome and the Vatican.

Then Christ returns and we have judgement day. So exciting wheres my popcorn!

#47    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,400 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

I do hope they advertise the job in the paper..

I'm kind of sick of my new job fishing bits of cow from meat-works-drains..

I reckon i'd make a damn good pope..

#48    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,952 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Although this could be in a thread of its own I'll post it here.  According to Saint malachy's prophecy of the Popes, the next pope will be the last and during his reign Rome will be destroyed.

The Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to Saint Malachy, is a list of 112 short phrases in Latin. They purport to describe each of the Roman Catholic popes (along with a few anti-popes), beginning with Pope Celestine II (elected in 1143) and concluding with current pope Benedict XVI's successor, a pope described in the prophecy as "Peter the Roman", whose pontificate will end in the destruction of the city of Rome.

http://en.wikipedia....cy_of_the_Popes

edit to add that Rome may refer to the EU (revived Roman empire)

Edited by OverSword, 11 February 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#49    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,535 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 11 February 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

The coming Pope is supposed to be the last, is supposed to corrupt Christain values and then the 'Terrible Judge' will massacre everyone for being evil. Including the destruction of Rome and the Vatican.

I think many of the past Popes have already corrupted "Christian Values" going back in time to the very first Pope. Torture, Paedophilism, Burning of "Heretics", Intolerance to other belief systems, Aiding and Abetting Dictators,  - in fact name any of the 7 Deadly Sins and the Pope's down the ages have indulged themselves. They brought about the Dark Ages, imprisoned (or worse) scientists, and their  advances, stole money from the poor and infirm, SOLD Redemption... do I really need to say more?? :no:

Edited by keithisco, 11 February 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#50    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'm finding it hard to believe how many people are accepting his explanation at face value. This is astounding. The position of Pope is basically a political position - he is a politician. How many politicians really have stood down for health reasons when that is the excuse given? It's like the go-to excuse when being forced out.

No, I think it more likely that he has been forced out in some way. Some sort of scandal from his past most likely.

#51    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,557 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 11 February 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

And thats why we stop believing in fiery tales when we grow up.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#52    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,557 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 11 February 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

I'm finding it hard to believe how many people are accepting his explanation at face value. This is astounding. The position of Pope is basically a political position - he is a politician. How many politicians really have stood down for health reasons when that is the excuse given? It's like the go-to excuse when being forced out.

No, I think it more likely that he has been forced out in some way. Some sort of scandal from his past most likely.
He has always been tainted as the man who orchestrated the whole paedophilia cover up so I would say he is just considered "tainted goods" at this stage. By choosing to go down the path of covering up the crimes of the church and promoting a conservative agenda he has presided over a period of continued decline of the church in its key constituency.

Nice work I say - a job well done ;) .

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#53    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,535 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

... clearly doesn't have the "Spirit" with him, because isn't that supposed to help a mere mortal to rise above the infirmities that rage through a "normal" man who has not been elevated to the position of Pope??

#54    zebra99

zebra99

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Tony Blair will be ready to take the position,he's probably waiting for the call now. And deciding where the peasants should build his pyramid.

Posted Image

#55    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,535 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

View Postzebra99, on 11 February 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Tony Blair will be ready to take the position,he's probably waiting for the call now. And deciding where the peasants should build his pyramid.

That was the point of his Conversion to Catholicism?? :w00t:  Cant say I disagree though...

Like your Border Collie  - we have one as well, but with longer fur - did you have your's clipped?

#56    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

It was revealed by The Virgin Mary at Fatima that the world would end in 2013. The Pope will either be transferred to a secure underground bunker in hopes of surviving the apocalypse, or will be transported off the planet by extraterrestrials who are in contact with the Vatican.

Posted Image

#57    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,535 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostOrder66, on 11 February 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

It was revealed by The Virgin Mary at Fatima that the world would end in 2013. The Pope will either be transferred to a secure underground bunker in hopes of surviving the apocalypse, or will be transported off the planet by extraterrestrials who are in contact with the Vatican.

No it wasn't. No date is mentioned concerning any such event

#58    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,030 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 11 February 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Ask and ye shall receive...

Francis Arinze - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Cardinal Peter Turkson - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Cardinal Angelo Scola - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Cardinal Oscar Rodriguez Maradiaga - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Cardinal Angelo Bagnasco - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Cardinal Tarcisco Bertone - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Jorge Mario Bergoglio - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Leonardo Sandri - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Claudio Hummes - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Dionigi Tettamanzi - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Count Christoph Von Schoenborn - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Archbishop Raymond Burke - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Cardinal Marc Ouellet - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Daniel DiNardo - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Cardinal William Levada - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Archbishop Piero Marini - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Keith O'Brien - [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Gianfranco Ravasi - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Don't know if that is the complete list but...that is what I dug up.

It would appear there is a Peter on the List...Peter Turkson and from other articles I read, it appears he is one of the top choices.  Could he be the Petrus Romanus?

I have to say...somewhat tongue in cheek and somewhat stunned....If you recall, it's only been a couple of weeks since the Pope released "the dove of peace" and it was attacked by the seagull.  Bad Omen maybe?  nah...just being ornery...
Thank you very much :tu:

Yep, they definitely need to steer clear of that Peter Turkson, could you imagine the ruckus from the flock?

I think they should choose Keith O'Brien - and they should let him keep his real name - Pope Keith. :w00t:

As for the dove, they have been showing footage all over CNN of the time he released a dove of peace (or pigeon?) and the poor confused bird did an about face mid air and started butting itself against the wall next to the Pope's balcony.  Wonder what omen that was?  The outside world has become too evil for a dove of peace to fly into and it would rather hide in the Vatican? Anyway it was hilarious, apart from feeling a little sorry for the dove.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#59    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,030 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 11 February 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

No it wasn't. No date is mentioned concerning any such event
I'm pretty sure he was joking.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

#60    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,030 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 11 February 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Like I said earlier, the butler made off with his personal notes ... just saying.

Also tagged with pope, vatican, resigned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users