Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Iran Rejects U.S.Talks

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,654 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Iran’s Supreme Leader Khamenei rejects U.S. offer of talks

Iranian supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei rejected Thursday a U.S. offer to negotiate one-on-one on Tehran’s disputed nuclear program so long as Washington continues to impose sanctions on Iran.

“You (Americans) want to negotiate when you are pointing the gun at Iran. The Iranian nation will not be intimidated by such actions,” Khamenei told air force commanders, according to excerpts of his speech posted on his website.

“Some rejoice at the offer of negotiations ... (but) negotiations will not solve anything,” he said.

LINK

Thanks again Obama...for more egg on America's face!

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Is anyone surprised by this?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,605 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Can't he shut up and actually do something useful in his life? like fair religion?

#4    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,028 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

~Give sanctions more time~
That's what works, right?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 5,685 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 11 February 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

Can't he shut up and actually do something useful in his life? like fair religion?
In his country they see it as fair. Thats fine by me, its when they want their "fair religion" in other countries to be accepted that when the problems starts.
Suppose thats the case throughout history with most religions.

Edited by freetoroam, 11 February 2013 - 02:03 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,323 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Well, i suppose if they did meet face to face, they might have to reveal that the Dominant 313 is, so far at least, a plastic mock-up, and that their space (& potentially Missile) program is also, so far at least, a fraud. I suppose they're trying to maintain the bluff. Which, of coruse, was the mistake that Saddam made, but, as with everyone, Rulers and Leaders never seem to learn, do they.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#7    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,323 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

View Postjoc, on 11 February 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Thanks again Obama...for more egg on America's face!
I like how this, too, manages to be Obama's fault. How do you manage to work that out exactly? He hasn't bullied Iran enough, like George W. did with Iraq?

Edited by Lord Vetinari, 11 February 2013 - 02:20 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 5,685 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 11 February 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

I like how this, too, manages to be Obama's fault. How do you manage to work that out exactly? He hasn't bullied Iran enough, like George W. did with Iraq?
Give him time.

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,887 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Iran rejects the talks because they know they cannot/will not stop enrichment of uranium.  With Oby's reelection they don't even have to play a game for time - they have all they need unless Bibi actually decides to give it a go unilaterally.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#10    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 11 February 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

I'm not sure how the poster came to this uninformed opinion either. Obama knew Iran would refuse. This makes America look like they have the moral high ground on the matter, while making Iran look like they are unwilling to negotiate in any way.  

It is a win for Obama from a political standpoint. Not sure how he think there is egg on America's face. It seems to me that this is more of the idiocy that comes with being either 'left' or 'right'. It blinds people.

#11    Yamato

Yamato

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,461 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

View Postand then, on 11 February 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Iran rejects the talks because they know they cannot/will not stop enrichment of uranium.  With Oby's reelection they don't even have to play a game for time - they have all they need unless Bibi actually decides to give it a go unilaterally.
Bibi will start an arms race he can't afford to win.   China and Russia have got Iran's back and the Israeli military is impotent.  Let's stop pretending.   How many more times are we going to kick the dead horse?   How big of an idiot do you want the US to become in the world to even float the idea of invading Iran now, and once again doing Israel's dirty work for it?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#12    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Like always right on spot there. Yamato the man!

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,887 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostYamato, on 11 February 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Bibi will start an arms race he can't afford to win.   China and Russia have got Iran's back and the Israeli military is impotent.  Let's stop pretending.   How many more times are we going to kick the dead horse?   How big of an idiot do you want the US to become in the world to even float the idea of invading Iran now, and once again doing Israel's dirty work for it?
HUH?  How in the world did you get any of those ideas from my post?  Yam the US ISN'T going to invade Iran - I never said they would.  IF a war comes to pass it will be more of a prolonged low intensity variety on Iran's part.  Deadly, but not catastrophic.  Israel is about to be watching an arms race regardless what they do.

#14    Yamato

Yamato

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,461 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

View Postand then, on 11 February 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

HUH?  How in the world did you get any of those ideas from my post?  Yam the US ISN'T going to invade Iran - I never said they would.  IF a war comes to pass it will be more of a prolonged low intensity variety on Iran's part.  Deadly, but not catastrophic.  Israel is about to be watching an arms race regardless what they do.
OH REALLY NOW.  I was under the assumption that you thought Iran nuking Israel was a real possibility.   My bad.  I shouldn't have read those hundreds of your posts.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,887 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostYamato, on 11 February 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

OH REALLY NOW.  I was under the assumption that you thought Iran nuking Israel was a real possibility.   My bad.  I shouldn't have read those hundreds of your posts.
Perhaps you'd care to repost ONE where I specifically said I think Iran is going to nuke Israel?  I might have alluded to it as a possibility at some point but it hardly has been a theme with me so prove that one Yam.  I have consistently said that the danger of an Iranian bomb is from proliferation and causing it's proxies to overstep, thus leading to regional war.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users