Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Wildlife TV encourages attempts at fox taming

fox wildlife programmes tame

  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,193 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostCoffey, on 12 February 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

Then if the careful driver was anything like these parents, he would blame the fox for running onto the road... :P

If he is dead he wouldn't do....Sometimes late at night or driving through fog, or nasty weather, it is a lot harder to see what exactly will run out in front of you.. It can happen very quickly..I have heard of it happening. .EVEN with children running out so fast and not looking were they are going..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 12 February 2013 - 07:04 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#17    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 February 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

If he is dead he wouldn't do....Sometimes late at night or driving through fog, or nasty weather, it is a lot harder to see what exactly will run out in front of you.. It can happen very quickly..I have heard of it happening. .EVEN with children running out so fast and not looking were they are going..

Well no, but didn't realise you emant he'd die.

Then is fmaily can say it, or the media. lol

It was a joke anyway.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#18    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,193 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostCoffey, on 12 February 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Then is fmaily can say it

Are you trying to say his family?  If so, they may not know what hit his car  if it ran off !! My other point is fact, even to the most careful drivers, these things can happen when we least expect it

My hubby got deeply upset over a ginger and white kitten that had gotten loose  on a country road.. He was driving an NTL transit van.. It was dark and a B road with no lights on.. He said he felt he hit something, but couldn't see.. He stopped the van, got out, and saw this kitten laying on the road..It was already dead...This really hurt my hubby, it haunted him for several weeks.. He couldn't look at a kitten much ...No one owned up to owning the cat either...  All he could say to me was - "It happened so fast, I didn't see it, it went under the back wheels of my van, I was looking straight ahead"..   I felt sorry for him, and told him it was not his fault.. it ran under the back of the van so he couldn't see it..  But Gary still blamed himself ...  It was years before he would consider owning a cat.. We now have two of the greedy buggers  lol .

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 12 February 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#19    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 February 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Are you trying to say his family?  If so, they may not know what hit his car  if it ran off !! My other point is fact, even to the most careful drivers, these things can happen when we least expect it

My hubby got deeply upset over a ginger and white kitten that had gotten loose  on a country road.. He was driving an NTL transit van.. It was dark and a B road with no lights on.. He said he felt he hit something, but couldn't see.. He stopped the van, got out, and saw this kitten laying on the road..It was already dead...This really hurt my hubby, it haunted him for several weeks.. He couldn't look at a kitten much ...No one owned up to owning the cat either...  All he could say to me was - "It happened so fast, I didn't see it, it went under the back wheels of my van, I was looking straight ahead"..   I felt sorry for him, and told him it was not his fault.. it ran under the back of the van so he couldn't see it..  But Gary still blamed himself ...  It was years before he would consider owning a cat.. We now have two of the greedy buggers  lol .

Yeah I meant his fmaily, my keyboard is playing up.


My mum went through the exact same thing when a dog ran out in front of her car. So I know what it's like to see someone go through that. She acted exactly the same.

See he blaimed himself even though it wasn't even an accident, he wasn't at fault at all. Where as I aven't read naything on these parents even considering it ebing their mistake. Just fox this and fox that. Evne the father was qouted as blamig the fox in the daily fail article.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#20    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,193 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostCoffey, on 12 February 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

Yeah I meant his fmaily, my keyboard is playing up.


My mum went through the exact same thing when a dog ran out in front of her car. So I know what it's like to see someone go through that. She acted exactly the same.

See he blaimed himself even though it wasn't even an accident, he wasn't at fault at all. Where as I aven't read naything on these parents even considering it ebing their mistake. Just fox this and fox that. Evne the father was qouted as blamig the fox in the daily fail article.

The thing about it is, the media had already given conflicting reports as it is, and I know they rarely ever post 100% facts of the actual story.. Mothers ( most of them) usually do blame themselves, it's a natural instinct many mothers have .... It could be she did blame herself, but the media left that out due to looking to pump fear into people and hopefully get fox hunting back again?   The media are good at manipulating stories, we all know this ..... I dunno, but it sounds very odd that a mother doesn't feel the slightest bit guilty

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 12 February 2013 - 10:02 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#21    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 February 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

The thing about it is, the media had already given conflicting reports as it is, and I know they rarely ever post 100% facts of the actual story.. Mothers ( most of them) usually do blame themselves, it's a natural instinct many mothers have .... It could be she did blame herself, but the media left that out due to looking to pump fear into people and hopefully get fox hunting back again?   The media are good at manipulating stories, we all know this ..... I dunno, but it sounds very odd that a mother doesn't feel the slightest bit guilty


Compeltely agree. My point was only based on what the media is saying. I think it has been twisted.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#22    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,193 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

View PostCoffey, on 12 February 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Compeltely agree. My point was only based on what the media is saying. I think it has been twisted.

Yea, most likely twisted to suit their own agenda...  

I have seen me blame myself  if one of my kids caught a cold, even if I were not at home when they caught it, I would likely say, it's  all my fault, I should have done this, given them that.etc etc .  It's something many mothers cannot help...we just blame ourselves at all cost

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 12 February 2013 - 10:12 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#23    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 February 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Yea, most likely twisted to suit their own agenda...  

I have seen me blame myself  if one of my kids caught a cold, even if I were not at home when they caught it, I would likely say, it's  all my fault, I should have done this, given them that.etc etc .  It's something many mothers cannot help...we just blame ourselves at all cost


It's all wierd to be honest, if thye got photos of the baby then surely the mother must have commented. I haven't actual read one proper qoute fromt he mother. Just from the father.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#24    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,494 posts
  • Joined:04 May 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

I think the crux of this particular article is that urban foxes are a problem, and that everyone needs to try to do their bit not to encourage foxes to come near their homes (and therefore their small vulnerable children).

Shutting doors and windows is just good sense, especially in the inner city. Not leaving food waste where foxes can get it easily. Foxes aren't cute and cuddly, they shouldn't be encouraged by leaving food for them, thinking you're 'helping' them. We should be respectful of them as wild animals, not pets, and they're only following their instincts, they don't need persecution and this media frenzy of the evil fox.

I feel I must also point out that you should never 'release a fox back into the wild' by relocating them to a nice spot of countryside you feel would make a good home for a fox. It will die. If the foxes are such a problem, pest control needs to deal with it, far more humane than putting it somewhere where it will starve. Look how I said pest control, not fox hunters. High numbers of urban foxes do not equate to a need to reinstate fox hunting, which takes place in the countryside.

Posted Image

#25    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,193 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostCoffey, on 12 February 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

It's all wierd to be honest, if thye got photos of the baby then surely the mother must have commented. I haven't actual read one proper qoute fromt he mother. Just from the father.

I doubt the mother was silent.. I'd say they didn't report what she said to suit their agenda..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users