Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Media Wildly Out-of-Touch with Priorities

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

"Pew released a poll today that puts into stark contrast the widening gap between the elite media and the American people. When asked what their priorities were for Obama's second term, the American people overwhelmingly chose as their top three issues: strengthening the economy, job creation, and deficit reduction.

Way down at the bottom -- #17, #18, and #21 (out of 21) --  we find the media's priorities: guns, illegal immigration, and global warming.
And what a wild coincidence that the exact same divisive issues the media's focusing on to drive its coverage are the exact same divisive issues Obama's been using  to distract from his jobless, shrinking economy."

Posted Image

http://www.people-pr...-second-term/1/

http://www.breitbart...erage-Americans

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,797 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

well #21 is something that does need to be discussed.
But you also have to remember that news organisations still think of themselves as being as they were in the days of Randolf Hurst - "we make the news, we tell people wht to talk about and what to think", that sort of thinking.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 12 February 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:

well #21 is something that does need to be discussed.
But you also have to remember that news organisations still think of themselves as being as they were in the days of Randolf Hurst - "we make the news, we tell people wht to talk about and what to think", that sort of thinking.
I agree that this is their attitude - problem for them is that this kind of thinking is as dead as the aforementioned Mr Hearst.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

media doesn't have priority, they say what they were told to say, by those that own them.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#5    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,549 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Good Grief, the american media is wildly out-of-touch with reality, not just priorities.

The american media is completely in the pocket of its corporate owners.  The agenda it advances is the crony capitalism agenda that drives the government.

Though I do watch 20 minutes worth more or less every evening, it insults one's intelligence to do so.

#6    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,907 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

I stopped watching main stream years ago. I cant even listen to 99% of politions speak. I can smell the lies coming off my TV screen

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#7    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

I just thought it was interesting seeing what American's priorities are and comparing them to the current administrations push on guns, gay marriage, immigration...  as if they don't even listen to a country screaming to fix the economy, instead they push, push  their own social agendas...

#8    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,054 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Polls are Polls. This one has a particularly low sample size, 1500 ish  and no information concerning the Demographic, Political, or Social standing of the people questioned.

They could have simply attended a Republican bash and asked everyone their opinion.Of course that would be representative of the Nation at Large, having lost twice in succession.. :yes:

Edited by keithisco, 12 February 2013 - 06:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users