Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Saru

saru papa new guinea cryptid

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Lol. Funny thread.

#17    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,439 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

Odd...Saru has always struck me as more 'cat-like' than 'dino-like' Just sayin' :D

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#18    Archosaurus

Archosaurus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 12 February 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Hi Rick,

Maybe you were looking in the wrong direction?

Then there is the South American "Iguanodon" of Heuvelmans:
Saru

Max Height: 9.8 ft (3 metres) [9 ft?]
Max Length: 33 ft (10 metres) [24 ft? As per reports]
Max Weight: 3.5 tons (3.0 metric tonnes)
Diet: Herbivore
Agressiveness: 4
Rarity: Medium

Background Info: The Saru is an bizarre herbivorous dinosaur of which has been subject to an extreme amount of evolutionary adaptability. Surprisingly descended from a sauropod, like the Mokele-Mbembe... This adaptation seems to have occurred in order for the animal to fill the ecological niche of the Iguanodonts and Hardrosaurus which are surprisingly absent ....
Behaviour: A herbivore often seen browsing on mid-height vegetation. The Saru can be aggressive if attacked and can kill small predators but prefers to flee in most circumstances.
It is terrestrial but can swim if need be. It moves very slowly, balancing with its long tail.

http://frontiersofzo...odinosaurs.html

This looks more like some sort of fantasy or a game than an actual cryptid.

This looks like it's from a role-play game because it is. I should have clarified earlier, but the reason I'm asking about the saru is actually because I'm working on a speculative evolution science-fiction project, adopted from an acquaintance of mine's project where that saru profile you quoted is from. The original project developer is Tom Parker, who as I just mentioned is a good acquaintance of mine. He created that profile for a free forum role-play game he set up based on his project (here is the original website). That Frontiers of Zoology website where you got that profile from doesn't have anything to do with the role-play game or Tom Parker's project, and actually I don't know if they even have permission to use any of those profiles or pictures. Tom Parker shelved his project and abandoned the role-play game some time ago, and I recently inquired about adopting it as my own and was granted permission. So technically those profiles and pictures on that website are my ownership now, which I thank you Abramelin for inadvertantly bringing to my attention; I'll need to deal with their copyright infringement when I have time.

In Tom Parker's (and now my) project, the saru is a derived sauropod evolved to fill the ecological niche of a hadrosaur. I'm inquiring about the saru here to hopefully get some background information on it.

This is a coincidence if there ever was any!

Edited by Archosaurus, 12 February 2013 - 12:28 PM.

-Rick Charles

#19    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

I am a fkg genius !

:w00t:

And crazy, but nobody notices.

#20    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 12 February 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

I am a fkg genius !

Naaaw, we notice it, we just accept it and over look it.

#21    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

I am a fkg genius !

Was there doubt????

To get that from this:

a hadrosaur-like cryptid reported from Papa New Guinea

is doing bloody well!

I think that is just lost in the crowd..................

Edited by psyche101, 13 February 2013 - 05:03 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#22    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

tis only fitting the administrator of unexplained and paranormal site is an extinct cryptid :D
can't wait to see what the rest of the staff true idenity
sorry i find this bit funny .. no offense

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#23    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 14 February 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

tis only fitting the administrator of unexplained and paranormal site is an extinct cryptid :D

I think that all of us that read this find it funny, no need to be sorry LOL

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#24    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,951 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Well, the Daughter of the Nine Moons is the heiress to a mighty Empire.  Her people were originally the descendants of one of the greatest military generals of all time, and that lineage ended up controlling an entire continent within the Wheel Of Time.

The Paranoid Android (me) is a chronically depressed robot named Marvin, with a brain the size of a planet.  He (I) was programmed with a "Genuine People Personality" but for some reason do not appreciate such a programming.

I can't speak for the rest of the Moderating team (Kismet may have something to say about Fate) but that covers the "true identity" of at least two other staff members :P

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#25    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,488 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

:lol:

One does not simply walk into Mordor.

#26    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 15 February 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

Well, the Daughter of the Nine Moons is the heiress to a mighty Empire.  Her people were originally the descendants of one of the greatest military generals of all time, and that lineage ended up controlling an entire continent within the Wheel Of Time.

The Paranoid Android (me) is a chronically depressed robot named Marvin, with a brain the size of a planet.  He (I) was programmed with a "Genuine People Personality" but for some reason do not appreciate such a programming.

I can't speak for the rest of the Moderating team (Kismet may have something to say about Fate) but that covers the "true identity" of at least two other staff members :P
Paranoid Android .. got poetic rhythm to it too .. must be the programming :P

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#27    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

Hey, do you have any idea how many applications they had to go through before they found someone who could be a crypted with computer skills.......and without paws, flippers or claws that could work a standard keyboard?

No easy task, let me tell you.

:yes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users