Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Zombie warning:Hackers break into TV station

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    sean6

sean6

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Dead bodies are rising from their graves': Hackers break into TV station's emergency alert system to warn viewers of a zombie apocalypse live on air

TV viewers in Montana briefly thought the zombie apocalypse was being televised on Monday.
During the Steve Wilkos show on KRTV, pranksters hacked into the local station's emergency announcement system and warned that the 'bodies of the dead are rising from their graves.'
In the middle of a 'Teen Cheaters Take Lie Detectors' episode an emergency message scrolled across the screen, accompanied by an eerie alarm signal.
This was followed by a deep and calm, but obviously fake, computerized voice intoning that the bodies were 'attacking the living.'

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2KhK8zRDl

Edited by sean6, 12 February 2013 - 03:41 PM.

#2    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

View Postsean6, on 12 February 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

Dead bodies are rising from their graves': Hackers break into TV station's emergency alert system to warn viewers of a zombie apocalypse live on air

TV viewers in Montana briefly thought the zombie apocalypse was being televised on Monday.
During the Steve Wilkos show on KRTV, pranksters hacked into the local station's emergency announcement system and warned that the 'bodies of the dead are rising from their graves.'
In the middle of a 'Teen Cheaters Take Lie Detectors' episode an emergency message scrolled across the screen, accompanied by an eerie alarm signal.
This was followed by a deep and calm, but obviously fake, computerized voice intoning that the bodies were 'attacking the living.'

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2KhK8zRDl

It would be hilarious except I am sure there are idiots out there with their zombie apocalypse gear running amok. Another conspiracy is born.

#3    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,089 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Oh, I thought this was another Omen. I thought maybe that was why the Pope had resigned, so that he could hurriedly flick through the book of Revelation to see what he could expect next. Any sign of any beasts with seven heads yet?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,061 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

The Great Falls Tribune reports the hoax alert generated at least four calls to police to see if it was true.

link

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#5    Lesionia

Lesionia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

• Evil is among us and opresses us, thats when we do good.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

It was wierd, but I never saw it. Great another thing to investigate. :( I really dont like pranksters.

#6    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Pranks like this are dangerous. What will people think when the zombies do rise? 'Just another zombie hoax, ho-him.' DO THESE PRANKSTERS NOT UNDERSTAND THE DANGERS?!

Posted Image

~MEH~

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

War of the worlds, at least there was no major panic.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#8    sean6

sean6

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

woow, they was just talking aout this on cnn just now

#9    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,064 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

I think they want a civil war..

#10    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

'In the middle of a 'Teen Cheaters Take Lie Detectors' episode an emergency message scrolled across the screen, accompanied by an eerie alarm signal.'

They interrupted this important broadcast!? D:<

Posted Image

~MEH~

#11    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Probably influenced by The walking dead.

View PostHasina, on 12 February 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Pranks like this are dangerous. What will people think when the zombies do rise? 'Just another zombie hoax, ho-him.' DO THESE PRANKSTERS NOT UNDERSTAND THE DANGERS?!

Have you seen the video where the people who do the make up etc for walking dead, did their magic on people in NY and they walked around all "zombied up". lol

I laughed at some peoples lack of reaction. I mena can you imagine if it actually did happen, how many people would die instantly becuase they wouldn't register it. lol

Edited by Coffey, 12 February 2013 - 05:47 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#12    Purifier

Purifier

Psychic Eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostCoffey, on 12 February 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Probably influenced by The walking dead.

Have you seen the video where the people who do the make up etc for walking dead, did their magic on people in NY and they walked around all "zombied up". lol

I laughed at some peoples lack of reaction. I mena can you imagine if it actually did happen, how many people would die instantly becuase they wouldn't register it. lol

Maybe the people who didn't react were the real zombies.  *du-du-duuuuun!* :P  Seriously though, I've seen people walk around who were in their own little world, with faceless expressions and daydream stares, not paying attention or knowing if they were about to be hit by a Mac truck or fall off the edge somewhere.  Makes you wonder.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#13    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostPurifier, on 12 February 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

Maybe the people who didn't react were the real zombies.  *du-du-duuuuun!* :P  Seriously though, I've seen people walk around who were in their own little world, with faceless expressions and daydream stares, not paying attention or knowing if they were about to be hit by a Mac truck or fall off the edge somewhere.  Makes you wonder.

Yeah exactly. lol

Doesn't say much about the human race does it? lol

#14    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

I could tell it was a hoax in the first sentence, But yeah I didnt see it live. I do however keep a zombie gun available for just this sort of reason. And another reason why the 2nd Amendment should be left alone. (excuse the shameless plug)

#15    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 12 February 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

I could tell it was a hoax in the first sentence, But yeah I didnt see it live. I do however keep a zombie gun available for just this sort of reason. And another reason why the 2nd Amendment should be left alone. (excuse the shameless plug)

If it where to happen, in the UK it sucks for us.

We can only choose between Bows and knives, swords and axes etc.

Saying that, you never run out of ammo with melee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users