Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Normal

markdohle

New Normal

The new normal for someone who needs care, takes its toll on the patient and on the caregiver as well. Conscious empathy is often needed since energy levels can be low. One day I will be in that position, so it helps for me to remember that. The aging process when it nears the end can be very scary and the person going through it needs to be treated with compassion, even when pretending to be patient some times has to be done. I call on God; grace is always there to stay with the moment. Perhaps in all areas of life we learn our limits and our need for help by simply doing our duties……our jobs and those we care for and work with are our true teachers.

Edited by markdohle
  • Like 1

I have great respect for those who care for the dying, the ill or those who are infirm.

I think many people join professions of Care-giving who are not totally emotionally or spiritually able, but some find the job becomes whom they are, others not.

For some, they are through and through empathetic and loving, in all they do.

For some, they will never be-able to meet the needs of those who need it, however long they do the "job."

• Like 1

I have great respect for those who care for the dying, the ill or those who are infirm.

I think many people join professions of Care-giving who are not totally emotionally or spiritually able, but some find the job becomes whom they are, others not.

For some, they are through and through empathetic and loving, in all they do.

For some, they will never be-able to meet the needs of those who need it, however long they do the "job."

I agree my friend, for me I believe it is a calling, to take care of others, but also to learn to give, love and also to recieve back. I always love hearing from you my friend.

peace

mark

I agree my friend, for me I believe it is a calling, to take care of others, but also to learn to give, love and also to recieve back. I always love hearing from you my friend.

peace

mark

Hmm Mark, can't think why, I don't often follow-through with friends, though I hope to call you one.

Calling to give solace or not, some often find the journey, sometimes forced upon them, to be one were they find true meaning to life.

• Like 1

Hmm Mark, can't think why, I don't often follow-through with friends, though I hope to call you one.

Calling to give solace or not, some often find the journey, sometimes forced upon them, to be one were they find true meaning to life.

I agree, some families don't pull together to help, then the cargiver will often put themselves in a bind, doing all the work, complaining, and when someone wants to help, they won't allow it. It is a very painful situation for all involved. Some families do come together, when that happens it makes thing easier by far. Though never easy by any means. Working at it in a small facility is different than caring for a family member, that I know for sure. Yet after being with many in their last miles, I believe that for some it is a calling.

I like hearing from you because you are honest about how you feel, which is important, you have a certain transparency, well least you seem to for me. That is why I like you and what you have to share.

Peace

mark

I agree, some families don't pull together to help, then the cargiver will often put themselves in a bind, doing all the work, complaining, and when someone wants to help, they won't allow it. It is a very painful situation for all involved. Some families do come together, when that happens it makes thing easier by far. Though never easy by any means. Working at it in a small facility is different than caring for a family member, that I know for sure. Yet after being with many in their last miles, I believe that for some it is a calling.

I like hearing from you because you are honest about how you feel, which is important, you have a certain transparency, well least you seem to for me. That is why I like you and what you have to share.

Peace

mark

Mark what you do, caring for others when it's totally your call, not from necessity nor placed to do so, just because you see the need and want to, is to me more than a Calling.

You give humanity an inch of grace, which frankly it needs if we are not all to give up in despair.

I hope you have people there in your life that do for you and that you have support and love too.

Caring, giving and tending the needs, spiritual or not, of others must take great strength.

Of course I know you will deny this and say that what you get in return is more than you need, but as a man you must have someone to turn to for support as even God thought this was a necessity for us all.

It's funny how others perceive you though isn't it? What I think I know of you is probably totally flawed, and I am sure what you think you know of me definetly is!

I do try always to be honest in my responses on UM, as what have I got to lose but my own sanity if I lie or flower my responses. I

try to be this way in life, as direct and honest as possible but without hurting or attacking others.

Tolerance, patience and forgiveness, acceptablity of others allows you to gain knowledge and better understanding I think. sorry, I am waffling.

• Like 1

Mark what you do, caring for others when it's totally your call, not from necessity nor placed to do so, just because you see the need and want to, is to me more than a Calling.

You give humanity an inch of grace, which frankly it needs if we are not all to give up in despair.

I hope you have people there in your life that do for you and that you have support and love too.

Caring, giving and tending the needs, spiritual or not, of others must take great strength.

Of course I know you will deny this and say that what you get in return is more than you need, but as a man you must have someone to turn to for support as even God thought this was a necessity for us all.

It's funny how others perceive you though isn't it? What I think I know of you is probably totally flawed, and I am sure what you think you know of me definetly is!

I do try always to be honest in my responses on UM, as what have I got to lose but my own sanity if I lie or flower my responses. I

try to be this way in life, as direct and honest as possible but without hurting or attacking others.

Tolerance, patience and forgiveness, acceptablity of others allows you to gain knowledge and better understanding I think. sorry, I am waffling.

Wow, quite a response my friend. We grow by facing our weaknesses, getting up and moving forward. So yes I am bundle of many different inner states, but my faith in Christ, allows me to look at these different fragments without fear, though not without pain and slowly allow healing to take place. In caring for others, this allows me to continue my healing by helping and in my own way healing others as well.

I like your last paragraph, that is how I experienced you from the beginning

(I do try always to be honest in my responses on UM, as what have I got to lose but my own sanity if I lie or flower my responses. I try to be this way in life, as direct and honest as possible but without hurting or attacking others.Tolerance, patience and forgiveness, acceptablity of others allows you to gain knowledge and better understanding I think. sorry, I am waffling)

You never waffle LOL.

Each human heart

is a gateway of infinite love

that slowly opens as we grow,

our failures do not matter,

all we need to is get up,

pray and never lose hope

and most importantly

trust.

Peace

Mark

Edited by markdohle

Trust in God, sweet man, I can do. In man, not at all.

Trust in God is total, in man, well of course not LOL......

Peace

Mark