Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

What Are Dogs Saying When They Bark?

dogs barking wolves foxes

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31    Toadie

Toadie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• "If you never doubt your beliefs, then you’re wrong a lot"

"Life's not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow"

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

My dog barks because she loves hearing her name. Everytime she barks I'm like "Turbo shh" she is a princess

#32    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Dogs are not human but they evolved alongside us. They can 'read'  our expressions and are very emotional creatures and forgiving as well. I don't think they are particularly bright though.

#33    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostLikely Guy, on 14 February 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Though someone may shoot me down, dogs are often better judges of human character, than human charcters are.
Like i'll give you to examples of people she absoluetly loves and could really care less for. She absolutely loves my Neighbor and my Aunt for some reason. While she could really care less for my Aunt's husband, and my Grandpa. Don't know why though. My Grandpa had to live with us for like 3 months because of a personnal issue but after a while my Dog got use to him and now cant get enough of him whenever he comes down to visit. Just like humans if you dont like some one at first and are forced to either spend a lot of time or live together you might end up likeing that person.

#34    mfrmboy

mfrmboy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

• Beam Moo Up!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

I have both dogs and cats. Dogs are allowed inside cats are not.
The dogs let me know when they need to go out.
The cats potty in a box and then get on counters, furniture, kitchen table and worst of all the bed and pillows plus they claw up the furniture and drapes. Cats are great outside and do a good job patrolling  for mice, moles and so forth.

The dogs help protect me and my property.......If someone is planning on breaking in the dogs will make sure they don't and if they are stupid enough to then the dogs will make them pay.

I love the cat's but
DOGS RULE !!!!!!

One man's TOOL is another man's TOY ! :tu:

#35    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,726 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

A little off-topic, but for all the smart dogs out there:

#36    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,351 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostChooky88, on 14 February 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

Dogs are not human but they evolved alongside us. They can 'read'  our expressions and are very emotional creatures and forgiving as well. I don't think they are particularly bright though.

I had one dog years back that was far brighter than most humans,sometimes i even wondered if he was smarter than me :w00t:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#37    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Ah yes man's best friend proves yet again why he outclasses his feline counterpart

#38    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Dog's have their own little whines, growls, whoofs and if you are around them you can't help picking up on it, just as they pick up stuff from people. They act much like kids that never grow up and some are very intelligent.

It wouldn't surprize me some day, since so many are raised like people anymore, one  will finally speak like a parrot although not as well.  My family  had a very very smart miniture poodle who must of thought he was part human. He would get upset and growl if anyone mentioned he was a dog he'd run to his  human "mom" who'd say he's not a dog he's a poodle LOL

He was a real life Lassie with acting like a mime to communicate and he would shake his head yes and no if yes asked a question. He even had his own little fan club going with people coming to see him do his things and now I understand why. Smartest dog I ever saw but it was really sad to see him try to talk. The best he could ever master was  answering  what do you like with "humm- burg - grrr"  you could see the disappointment in him when he'd make all kinds of other sounds but  couldn't talk and start his mime routine.

I didn't appreciate how special that dog was until I saw how stupid all my dogs were in comparison to him.
All dogs are intelligent in their own ways even the two dumb ones  I have now LOL

#39    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

that's cool!!!i always wondered what they are saying when a dog barks and growls and etc.we should make a device that converts dog language into human language that way we are able to talk to them and understand what they are saying in return.in other words its like talking to people:)now that would be a really cool device and make it affordable to buy and own and not expensive to the point where  few people can afford and the rich only have them.plus it could be used for positive purposes and has positive benefits.also i knew already that each dog bark is diffrent but knowing what it means  well thats another thing of course :)i want to talk to my dogs lol

Edited by King Cobra 1408, 14 February 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#40    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,501 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

View Postpallidin, on 14 February 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

A little off-topic, but for all the smart dogs out there:

Beagles are notrious climbers...

#41    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,501 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

The difference between dogs and cats...
(I may have gotten this from this site if so appologies - and thanks- to the OP)...

WHAT PETS WRITE IN THEIR DIARIES .......

Excerpts from a Dog's Diary......

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk Bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat's Daily Diary...

Day 983 of my captivity...

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets.

Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am. B*****ds.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now................

#42    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,351 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Dogs become your best friends,cats are like having stewie griffin around the house all the time lol

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#43    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

I miss my dog(was a basenji although they don't actually bark) we would literally have full blown conversations. Like about food, what to play and do, even about what to watch. Oh god how she would out smart my ex. Little escape artist.

Animals really are some of the best judges of character, I would of avoided a ton of trouble if I noticed it earlier on in life and acted accordingly.

#44    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

I havn't really got a clue what Ty and Kayla are trying to communicate when they bark...

But Ty does have a habit of talking according to my sister..
He tries this on when he wants to go walkies or it's supper time.
But when they actually bark it's not just to warn off intruders..
Kayla does it when her ball goes underneath the sofa or a chair.
She does it again when she's greeting Ty back from his walk.
And on the approach to Tandle Hill she does an excited one.
While Ty does a jealous one when Kayla's getting intimate with my sis.
I honestly feel there's a subtle difference in every type of bark.

Ty's bark is actually much deeper than Kayla's.
This could be an indicator of which gender they are.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#45    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

before my friend to the left passed away  he was able to say one english word   That word was hello.  it wasn't a perfect hello most of the time  but he had the two syllables correct and usually sounded like scooby doo, a couple times however it was so perfect that we  actually looked around to make sure that no one else was in the room.  but on the rare occation he demanded to be understood,  he was understood.  Sometimes i wondered if he was  psionic ( psychic ) as most of the time he would just look at someone and they knew what he wanted. He rarely spoke except when someone came home  or came to visit.  I still miss him.

Also tagged with dogs, barking, wolves, foxes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users