Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Children Shouldnt Play With Dead Things


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Who used to watch this movie at 2am on old late night TV ?
It's a classic in trash-ic horror.

Well~~~~ REMAKE !

sadly ,it may be compared to The Evil Dead ,when it predates it .

Tom Savini is directing though .
It prob won't be out til 2014 given Savini is presently working on Silent Night of the Living Dead.
Which we can assume will be out for Xmas...

. Be amused .Be very amused .

http://www.fangoria....avini-to-direct

Miss me?

#2    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

    Vertically Challenged

  • Member
  • 7,059 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Home of 'The Orange'

  • We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

    'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

I own the original on DVD :D
I first watched that movie when I was about 9 years old. It's definitely a classic in my book. I honestly didn't think other people knew about that movie. LOL

I hope the remake will at least be as good as the updated version of 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark'that I just watched not too long ago.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image


#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 13 February 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

I own the original on DVD :D
I first watched that movie when I was about 9 years old. It's definitely a classic in my book. I honestly didn't think other people knew about that movie. LOL

I hope the remake will at least be as good as the updated version of 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark'that I just watched not too long ago.

It was always aired at like 1-3am ,nyc time . I would be doing my usual nightowl thing ,which exasperated my mom ,and we would end up watching it together. I love the ending . Cracks me up every time .

Miss me?

#4    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

    Vertically Challenged

  • Member
  • 7,059 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Home of 'The Orange'

  • We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

    'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 13 February 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

It was always aired at like 1-3am ,nyc time . I would be doing my usual nightowl thing ,which exasperated my mom ,and we would end up watching it together. I love the ending . Cracks me up every time .
I think they played it on a movie show called Chiller. Pretty sure it was a wpix thing.

Posted Image

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image


#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 13 February 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:


I think they played it on a movie show called Chiller. Pretty sure it was a wpix thing.

Posted Image
I watched Chiller. Loved the six fingered hand. Wish they would bring that back .
Never saw it on Chiller.Always by accident at like 2 am,on a school night .

Miss me?

#6    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

    Vertically Challenged

  • Member
  • 7,059 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Home of 'The Orange'

  • We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

    'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 13 February 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

I watched Chiller. Loved the six fingered hand. Wish they would bring that back .
Never saw it on Chiller.Always by accident at like 2 am,on a school night .
Meeeeee tooooo! It would bring back soo much more imagination than what we see in movies these days.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image


#7    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

    Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

  • Member
  • 3,200 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male

  • Question everything

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 13 February 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

I think they played it on a movie show called Chiller. Pretty sure it was a wpix thing.

Posted Image

They used to show it on Eivom on WTVH pretty regular back in the day.

I always like that movie. I hadn't seen Night of the Living Dead at the time so it made more of an impact.

Edited by Oniomancer, 19 February 2013 - 12:28 AM.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#8    GoSC

GoSC

    HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

  • Member
  • 2,615 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Silver Mountain

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 13 February 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

Who used to watch this movie at 2am on old late night TV ?
It's a classic in trash-ic horror.

Well~~~~ REMAKE !

sadly ,it may be compared to The Evil Dead ,when it predates it .

Tom Savini is directing though .
It prob won't be out til 2014 given Savini is presently working on Silent Night of the Living Dead.
Which we can assume will be out for Xmas...

. Be amused .Be very amused .

http://www.fangoria....avini-to-direct

I haven't seen it in ages, in fact I dont even remember the ending. Maybe YT has it uploaded. I am more familiar with the director's Deathdream and Black Christmas entirely due to Movie Macabre hostess Elvira (Cassandra Peterson) back in the 80s.

Tom Savini made one of the best horror remakes ever with Night Of The Living Dead back in 1990. This looks very promising if done right.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostB Jenkins, on 19 February 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:



I haven't seen it in ages, in fact I dont even remember the ending. Maybe YT has it uploaded. I am more familiar with the director's Deathdream and Black Christmas entirely due to Movie Macabre hostess Elvira (Cassandra Peterson) back in the 80s.

Tom Savini made one of the best horror remakes ever with Night Of The Living Dead back in 1990. This looks very promising if done right.

Full movie is on YouTube .Just search it there. Complete camp .

Miss me?

#10    GoSC

GoSC

    HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

  • Member
  • 2,615 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Silver Mountain

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 19 February 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Full movie is on YouTube .Just search it there. Complete camp .

Awesome, thanks! :tu:

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users