Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Oscar Pistorius charged with murder

olympics paralympics south africa

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#16    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,316 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 14 February 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

That is wrong on so many levels, but the truth be told, it made me laugh. I wonder how many members were thinking it but didn't have the balls to say it.
John Cleese made a similar comment on twitter and has been hammered for it. Something about Pistorius being legless at the time.

#17    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,316 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

View Postali smack, on 14 February 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

I think he is guilty likely and don't believe he mistook her for an intruder. It was said that there had been reports of domestic abuse. He's probably one of those men who doesn't treat women very nicely. I don't really think it's to do with steroids and even if he is taking them. it doesn't give him an escuse to kill a woman
but he is innocent til proven guilty so we'll have to see what happens

i agree taking steroids is not an excuse to killing women, but it could have helped towards his unstable mindset, that and his artillery of weapons - lethal combination no doubt.

#18    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,596 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Again, regardless of who he is, how amazing his life-story is, (which is pretty awesome) to me, is irrelevant.

What is relevant, is the fact that another human-being is dead. Is he guilty of killing her?
That matters, not how important he was as an athlete nor how he over-came his disability.

Posted Image

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,316 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 15 February 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Again, regardless of who he is, how amazing his life-story is, (which is pretty awesome) to me, is irrelevant.

What is relevant, is the fact that another human-being is dead. Is he guilty of killing her?
That matters, not how important he was as an athlete nor how he over-came his disability.
I cant think of his life as amazing and awesome at all anymore.
Similar to all those celebrities like Jimmy Saville who were  awesome to many, but suddenly that awesome feeling has been squashed like ant under an elephants foot.

I agree on the next paragraph. What is relevant now, is the type of guy he really was, disabled or not.

#20    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,596 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 15 February 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

I cant think of his life as amazing and awesome at all anymore.
Similar to all those celebrities like Jimmy Saville who were  awesome to many, but suddenly that awesome feeling has been squashed like ant under an elephants foot.

I agree on the next paragraph. What is relevant now, is the type of guy he really was, disabled or not.

Maybe you are a god amongst men, maybe you are powerful and enimatic presence, it dosen't matter when cold light of day dawns and you are accused of taking anothers life.
What any of us feel towards this man MUST be put on hold, until the horrror of the fact that anothers life has gone at gun-point.
Once the facts have been investigated, once the poor soul whose life has gone and the reasons they are gone has been dealt with, maybe then we can talk about the accused.

Posted Image

#21    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

I have heard reports that he shot her 4 times THRU A Door to the bathroom.

Questions:

If she intruded and he mistook her, how did she end up behind a closed door in the bathroom when he began shooting?

If he was in fear that there was an intruder in his bathroom, what immediate threat could they pose with a closed door between them?

Why fire indiscriminately when he could have asked who was in there and fired a warning shot upward to change the balance of power and let them know he was armed?

If you shoot at a closed door, you don't know what you are shooting at - could he have reasonably believed that the intruder was unlikely to be struck and that he was in a cloud of fear and rage, therefore shooting without thinking?

Do the neighbours have evidence of her being there well before his shooting of her or the police?  AKA: did they see her arrive or see her car parked there for a significant period before the shooting?

Was the car engine still warm when police arrived giving support to him possibly : that she had just arrived prior to the "accidental" shooting taking place and he had not yet known it was her?

Did she have her own key to account for the lacked of forced entry, or are they discounting his version because she did not have a key to account for the evidence there was no forced entry?

If she did have a key, he would know well enough not to consider an intruder but rather that she had arrived which makes his version fall apart also.

Just some of the questions running through my mind on this one before I can come to a conclusion of his guilt or innocence ......

Edited by libstaK, 16 February 2013 - 01:06 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#22    Catz

Catz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 16 February 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

I have heard reports that he shot her 4 times THRU A Door to the bathroom.

Questions:

If she intruded and he mistook her, how did she end up behind a closed door in the bathroom when he began shooting?

If he was in fear that there was an intruder in his bathroom, what immediate threat could they pose with a closed door between them?

Why fire indiscriminately when he could have asked who was in there and fired a warning shot upward to change the balance of power and let them know he was armed?

If you shoot at a closed door, you don't know what you are shooting at - could he have reasonably believed that the intruder was unlikely to be struck and that he was in a cloud of fear and rage, therefore shooting without thinking?

Do the neighbours have evidence of her being there well before his shooting of her or the police?  AKA: did they see her arrive or see her car parked there for a significant period before the shooting?

Was the car engine still warm when police arrived giving support to him possibly : that she had just arrived prior to the "accidental" shooting taking place and he had not yet known it was her?

Did she have her own key to account for the lacked of forced entry, or are they discounting his version because she did not have a key to account for the evidence there was no forced entry?

If she did have a key, he would know well enough not to consider an intruder but rather that she had arrived which makes his version fall apart also.

Just some of the questions running through my mind on this one before I can come to a conclusion of his guilt or innocence ......

Why didn't he ask who was there or shoot a warning shot?  Well, if it was me, and I hear something in the early morning hours in my house,  I will not ask who it is before reacting.  Too many people are killed in armed robberies these days.  By the time you've asked who's in your house, you'll probably end up being murdered yourself.  Unfortunately, South Africans sleep with one eye open these days.  You do not first ask-you shoot as it is your life or theirs.  But having said this, what really happened in this situation is still very unclear.  In my personal opinion I do not think an intruder is to blame.  It was reported that the security was contacted by the neighbours to their house prior to the shooting due to noise.  Meaning she was already there.  Another neighbour heard her shout: "no no".  When the neighbours heard the shots, the security was called a second time where they found her body and him next to her.

So many stories are going around.  Since she had a key, some say she went there early that morning to surprise him for valentines day.  Maybe make him breakfast in bed or something.  But that doesn't add up as neighbours complained about noise before the shooting.  The security will be able to confirm that if it's true.
I am positive he will not get bail on Tuesday. The truth will come out eventually. We'll have to wait and see.

:tsu:

#23    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,410 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

Things are not looking good for him.   This is like a bad car accident - hard to look at but hard to ignore.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#24    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

View PostCatz, on 16 February 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

Why didn't he ask who was there or shoot a warning shot?  Well, if it was me, and I hear something in the early morning hours in my house,  I will not ask who it is before reacting.  Too many people are killed in armed robberies these days.  By the time you've asked who's in your house, you'll probably end up being murdered yourself.  Unfortunately, South Africans sleep with one eye open these days.  You do not first ask-you shoot as it is your life or theirs.  But having said this, what really happened in this situation is still very unclear.  In my personal opinion I do not think an intruder is to blame.  It was reported that the security was contacted by the neighbours to their house prior to the shooting due to noise.  Meaning she was already there.  Another neighbour heard her shout: "no no".  When the neighbours heard the shots, the security was called a second time where they found her body and him next to her.
It appears from this latest report that she was with him and he knew that - apparently he expected her to be asleep in bed, he did not discover she was not until hehad shot at the "intruder" behind the bathroom door 4 times.  It isn't making sense, if he knew she was "sleeping" , why would he not shake her awake when he heard the noise? Why would he not consider it might be her in the bathroom?  A logical thing for a guest to do when sleeping over is make use of the bathroom when necessary, hardly a sound to set off alarm bells unless you know you are alone right?

The affidavit from the defendent on "How Reeva Died" ....

http://aww.ninemsn.c...-how-reeva-died

Edited by libstaK, 20 February 2013 - 03:58 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#25    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,247 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

Possible strategies/alibis for the defense team:

5. Burglars have to poop too.
4. He just didn't feel safe saying "Reeva?" while pointing a gun at the door.
3. Noticing his girlfriend wasn't in the bedroom would have taken too much time away from putting on his prosthetics.
2. He kept all his most expensive valuables in the bathroom.
1. He never heard her fart like that before.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#26    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,772 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

My vote is for roid rage.  What a sad waste of life.  I hope South African juries are not as easily swayed as those in L.A. were with OJ.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#27    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,735 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 15 February 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

I was also shocked by the news today. I wonder what could have tipped him over the edge?

jealousy...temper....blind rage...?

I doubt we will ever know....

I know someone is guilty until proven innocent...but his story just doesn't add up...and I think he is guilty of cold blooded murder.

What a stupid, stupid man. He had success, fame and wealth and he has thrown it all away.

And his lovely girlfriend, Reeva..... :cry:...what a waste and a terrible end.

He has no excuse and I think he will be found guilty...

#28    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

I think the excuse of "I thought she was asleep next to me" is just crazy.  If I was asleep in bed and heard a noise the first thing I would do is wake my husband.  If my husband woke to a noise, he may not want to wake me for fear of frightening me, but he would at least reach out to my side of the bed to make sure that the noise wasn't me.

A site I was reading on earlier which was posting things that had been said in the trial says that there were witnesses who heard arguments between then in the hours prior to the shooting and that when they found Reeva's body she was clothed, which I guess you wouldn't expect if she had got up in the night to use the bathroom.  It also mentioned a suitcase packed with clothes for one person, although I don't think it mentioned whether these were male or female clothes.

#29    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,735 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 20 February 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

I think the excuse of "I thought she was asleep next to me" is just crazy.  If I was asleep in bed and heard a noise the first thing I would do is wake my husband.  If my husband woke to a noise, he may not want to wake me for fear of frightening me, but he would at least reach out to my side of the bed to make sure that the noise wasn't me.

I agree....and you don't go shooting through closed toilet doors unless you KNOW...not THINK your girlfriend is asleep in bed....

A site I was reading on earlier which was posting things that had been said in the trial says that there were witnesses who heard arguments between then in the hours prior to the shooting and that when they found Reeva's body she was clothed, which I guess you wouldn't expect if she had got up in the night to use the bathroom.  It also mentioned a suitcase packed with clothes for one person, although I don't think it mentioned whether these were male or female clothes.

mmmmm....I said in my other post that we may never know what tipped him over the edge...but perhaps we will as more info comes out.

A massive row....on Valentines Day....she was going to leave and he went nuts.....?

She must have been so scared....poor Reeva...

#30    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

undead

• 13,360 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

He said he called out as he approached the bathroom ...... called to Reeva to call the police ...... in an effort to scare the 'burglar', let him know there was two of them. If he really did do that, allegedly thinking Reeva was in the bed, wouldn't Reeva have called out to him "It's okay, it's only me in here"(in the bathroom)?

What, in all the world, could I do to earn my living and still live as myself, as I knew myself to be? Temporary masks, I knew, had their place; everyone was wearing them, they were the human rage; but not masks cemented in place until the wearer could not breathe and was eventually suffocated.

Also tagged with olympics, paralympics, south africa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users