Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Holder on Banning Home Schooling

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#91    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Strictly speaking, it makes no mention of schooling.

No it doesnt but one can say that in the pursuit of my families happiness I choose to home school/apprentice my children into my family business. There should really be no reason why you cannot do so.

#92    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,765 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 17 February 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

No it doesnt but one can say that in the pursuit of my families happiness I choose to home school/apprentice my children into my family business. There should really be no reason why you cannot do so.

And I could say that in the pursuit of my happiness I want to drive down the highway at 300km/h.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#93    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

And I could say that in the pursuit of my happiness I want to drive down the highway at 300km/h.

When the signs go up in front of every house in America saying Homeschooling is not allowed here Ill run with ya on that one.

#94    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,765 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 17 February 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

When the signs go up in front of every house in America saying Homeschooling is not allowed here Ill run with ya on that one.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say..

----Seraphina

#95    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,589 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

View PostTiggs, on 17 February 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

If the Constitution granted people the right to do whatever made them happy, including ignoring any government legislation, then not a single criminal conviction would have ever been made.

Well no. You cant infringe on the rights of others. So you should have to obey government legislation that prevents people from stepping on other peoples rights. If we really followed he constitution, aside from said example, yes you would have the right to do what makes you happy. And before you give me examples of how that isnt correct, yes there are many laws that are directly unconstitutional.

Under international law, not being able to carry a gun isn't considered a human right's violation. Religious persecution, on the other hand, is.
In America it would be a human rights violation. Even still, why would America feel it should have to take in anyone who's had thier human rights violated? 90% of the world would be here.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#96    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

If the Constitution granted people the right to do whatever made them happy, including ignoring any government legislation, then not a single criminal conviction would have ever been made.

This holds alot of water in the banking and government conviction rates and time spent in prison for various crimes. Hell in Washington DC you can get a crack conviction and get reelected.

#97    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

I don't really understand what you're trying to say..

Im saying speed limits are posted for safety reasons.

If they ban homeschooling there gonna need to post it not legislate it because if one does not register there child for school..what they gonna come knock down my door. Imprison me..No mopre likely heavily fine me. Thats the Local Govmnt Bankroll

#98    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,447 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Home schooling should be perfectly allowable in a FREE country?   . . .  driving 300 kmph?   not so much. For OBVIOUS reasons.

Edited by lightly, 18 February 2013 - 01:40 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#99    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,765 posts

-Patton

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

View Postlightly, on 18 February 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

Home schooling should be perfectly allowable in a FREE country? . . . driving 300 kmph? not so much. For OBVIOUS reasons.

I don't disagree. What I've been saying is that Holder didnt threaten to ban it, he merely stated that if it were to be banned, it would not violate anyones rights. I also stated that the constitution does not guarentee you the right to homeschool simply because of the right to "pursue happiness"

I perfectly agree that homeschooling should be allowed.

----Seraphina

#100    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,765 posts

-Patton

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 18 February 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

Im saying speed limits are posted for safety reasons.

Irrelevant. If we're going to say that homeschooling falls under the "pursuit of happiness" then speeding can also fall under the "pursuit of happiness" and can not be controled--- Unless, you're telling me that what the constitution says can be bent for various reasons, safety being one of them...

----Seraphina

#101    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,447 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

..  there are laws against speeding...    ... Holder appears to be saying ,  there could be law created to ban home schooling...  and  that  wouldn't violate people's rights.   ..?
To which I would think ... *well then,  something's wrong *

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#102    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,765 posts

-Patton

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Banning homeschooling would ban your right to homeschool, just like banning speeding band my right to speed. What he's saying is that the bam wouldn't violate any human rights.

----Seraphina

#103    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

What he's saying is that the bam wouldn't violate any human rights.
We dont care about Human Rights so much in America. Our Constitution is suppose to protect us from being violated on a Human Rights level.

#104    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,765 posts

-Patton

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 18 February 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

We dont care about Human Rights so much in America. Our Constitution is suppose to protect us from being violated on a Human Rights level.

I don't see it as violating the rights guaranteed to you by your BOR.

I don't think it should be banned, but I also don't think it violates anything.

----Seraphina

#105    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

I also don't think it violates anything

Thats what makes it protected by the BOR. They would have to invent a new Law to make it a violation.

Edited by AsteroidX, 18 February 2013 - 09:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users