Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Strange Sounds cause Alarm

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    jjphere

jjphere

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

This happened many years ago, I was a child, but I remember it very well.

We were in the family farmhouse, at night, in the 1960's and there were no closeby neighbors
except for one house of relatives. Four of us were in the living room, and it opened to
a hall which had a door to the outside, and a door to a bedroom and a pair of French doors
connected to the rest of the house. All the doors were shut except for the door from the living
room to the hall. All doors to the outside were locked shut.

All of a sudden there were two sounds, that seemed to be of metal hitting on metal. The sounds
came from the hall and it was loud and easily heard. My mother heard it while walking and she
was alarmed and ran from the sound. My Dad and Grandmother got up and went into the hall
to investigate. I stayed on the couch. We all heard it and we all knew that nothing tiny made
those sounds. We weren't sure but thought that the sound came from someone trying to open
the door knobs on the french doors. There was nothing there, so a thorough search of the rest of the
house was made, with a gun handy, but there was not anything out of place or any reason for the
sound found. We looked out the front door and the dog was asleep on the door mat and we knew
nothing had come that way. We never found any cause, but an aunt later told us that she
believed the french doors had been involved in spooky happenings in the past.

Who knows? Something made a noise that made me remember it some half a century later!

Edited by jjphere, 14 February 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#2    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Hi there, the metal on metal sounds reminded me of the UK Black Dog which is known to create a sound like dragging chains, aka the Cadejo is the South American version.

In popular etymology, the name cadejo is thought to have derived from the Spanish word "cadena", meaning "chain"; the cadejo is at times represented as dragging a chain behind him. There is a fairly large member of the weasel family, the tayra, which in common speech is called a cadejo and is cited as a possible source of the legend.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#3    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

View Postjjphere, on 14 February 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

This happened many years ago, I was a child, but I remember it very well.

We were in the family farmhouse, at night, in the 1960's and there were no closeby neighbors
except for one house of relatives. Four of us were in the living room, and it opened to
a hall which had a door to the outside, and a door to a bedroom and a pair of French doors
connected to the rest of the house. All the doors were shut except for the door from the living
room to the hall. All doors to the outside were locked shut.

All of a sudden there were two sounds, that seemed to be of metal hitting on metal. The sounds
came from the hall and it was loud and easily heard. My mother heard it while walking and she
was alarmed and ran from the sound. My Dad and Grandmother got up and went into the hall
to investigate. I stayed on the couch. We all heard it and we all knew that nothing tiny made
those sounds. We weren't sure but thought that the sound came from someone trying to open
the door knobs on the french doors. There was nothing there, so a thorough search of the rest of the
house was made, with a gun handy, but there was not anything out of place or any reason for the
sound found. We looked out the front door and the dog was asleep on the door mat and we knew
nothing had come that way. We never found any cause, but an aunt later told us that she
believed the french doors had been involved in spooky happenings in the past.

Who knows? Something made a noise that made me remember it some half a century later!
Could be nothing and sounds nothing, maybe you were expecting something to happen

#4    jjphere

jjphere

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Thanks to both of you for replying. I am pretty sure it was not a cadejo, because our dog would have flipped out.

The New Richard Nixon is probably right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users