Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Serbian man lives in a tomb for 15 years

Simbi Laveau

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/living-in-a-tomb-slideshow/

SLIDE SHOW

A homeless Serbian man got tired of trying to find places to crash ,and finally decided to just nest at the cemetery . I imagine its beyond creepy at night ,but he seems to like it .

It gives no details of how locals or officials feel about it ,and one can assume the tomb is of a family where all members are deceased now .

Unless its his families plot ....

*shudders*

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Well if the dead don't mind then either do I.

Best guess,they all mumbled : there goes the neighborhood ,when he moved in .

• Like 1

Nothing like taking a nap next to dead bodies. Must be very, uh, PEACEFUL.

• Like 1

Nothing like taking a nap next to dead bodies. Must be very, uh, PEACEFUL.

Well how much noise would they make?

Edit: More peaceful than most neighbours... :w00t:

Edited by Timonthy

The poor guy, it must be horrible to be homeless. At least he's got shelter of some kind.

• Like 3

Well how much noise would they make?

Edit: More peaceful than most neighbours... :w00t:

True,unless they get up to munch on the living It sure looks cold though . .

True,unless they get up to munch on the living It sure looks cold though . .

Yep it's pretty remarkable.

The sad thing is that now it's been exposed he'll probably be made to leave and return to the streets.

• Like 1

No room in the tomb for 2 then, bah...cant even take a chick back really can he.

Can you just imagine what it would be like, for some dear old lady or any other person, to go to put flowers on a grave and see this man "rise up out of a tomb"

*Snip*

Thats enough to give you a heart attack isnt it? Or what if you didnt see him but heard him snoring or something?

shivers indeed

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image
  • Like 1

I honestly don't know how the homeless cope during the winter.. poor old boy.

Can you imagine walking through the cemetery during the evening and then seeing this guy climbing out of a grave. :o

• Like 2

If the UK government gets a hold of this then they`ll solve the housing crisis in one fell swoop.

• Like 1

poor guy, doesn`t look like the full shilling.

I say poor, we have had stories of some of these homeless actually being loaded.

I personally would not be seen dead in a home like that....................oh wait!

• Like 1

I heard he moved in next to a lot of deadbeats. :whistle:

• Like 4

This poor man has lived this way for 15 years!How has society not seen this man's plight?The Russians must be hardened to people that suffer from homelessness etc! I cannot understand!Can someone please explain!

This poor man has lived this way for 15 years!How has society not seen this man's plight?The Russians must be hardened to people that suffer from homelessness etc! I cannot understand!Can someone please explain!

It's the same in any major first world country. There are thousands of homeless. And it's unfortunate, but we can't give them all homes.

Women with children etc. get the government housing. People that need it more than a single homeless man.

If he died of the cold or something, wonder where they will bury him? In his 'home'?

• Like 1

Reading through the responses to this makes cringe.

Can’t you please try just try to empathise, sympathise or just plain stop moralising?

If someone lives this way, day in, day out, they need to be helped, or at the very tiny least, shown compassion and understanding.

How can any of us judge when we don’t know the whole story of this man’s life, or how we would have reacted ourselves.

I think he must have stamina beyond most of our capabilities to withstand this kind of life.

• Like 1

Reading through the responses to this makes cringe.

Can’t you please try just try to empathise, sympathise or just plain stop moralising?

If someone lives this way, day in, day out, they need to be helped, or at the very tiny least, shown compassion and understanding.

How can any of us judge when we don’t know the whole story of this man’s life, or how we would have reacted ourselves.

I think he must have stamina beyond most of our capabilities to withstand this kind of life.

You know, its easy to say what you say, but you need to consider something first. When I was a lad, every year but at differing times, would come along a certain, very charming vagabond. Or homeless man as we say nowadays, and he would setup his fire and kettle right under one of my "favorite for climbing" Oak trees.

Now my step dad owned several houses to let, as well as a substantial caravan park, which always had a few vacancies. He would tell this old tinker every year, he can stay in a caravan, gratis, but the old tinker declined each and every time. He'd say he was HAPPY to be homeless. Happy to travel about and not have ties. HAPPY in that way of life... and there are many like him. My mum used to give him tea bags, sugar, some cans of beans and ham etc, and the next day.... he was gone again.

Not every homeless person should evoke sympathy.

Besides all that...re-read the story:

Bratislav Stojanovic, a homeless man, walks out of a tomb where he lives in southern Serbian town of Nis February 9, 2013. Stojanovic, 43, a Nis-born construction worker, never had a regular job. He first lived in abandoned houses, but about 15 years ago he settled in the old city cemetery.

And free-loading squatters choose to live in empty houses too, while doing everything possible NOT to have a job or fit in with regular society. Some people are just like that. In a tomb for 15 years and living in empty houses even before that? Im sure if he needed or wanted help - he may have been offered it in over 15 years. Clearly even without a job he is eating and being clothed, plus one or two of the pics show him smoking, so he is getting handouts or cash from somewhere..

But its just something else to consider.

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

You know, its easy to say what you say, but you need to consider something first. When I was a lad, every year but at differing times, would come along a certain, very charming vagabond. Or homeless man as we say nowadays, and he would setup his fire and kettle right under one of my "favorite for climbing" Oak trees.

Now my step dad owned several houses to let, as well as a substantial caravan park, which always had a few vacancies. He would tell this old tinker every year, he can stay in a caravan, gratis, but the old tinker declined each and every time. He'd say he was HAPPY to be homeless. Happy to travel about and not have ties. HAPPY in that way of life... and there are many like him. My mum used to give him tea bags, sugar, some cans of beans and ham etc, and the next day.... he was gone again.

Not every homeless person should evoke sympathy.

Besides all that...re-read the story:

Bratislav Stojanovic, a homeless man, walks out of a tomb where he lives in southern Serbian town of Nis February 9, 2013. Stojanovic, 43, a Nis-born construction worker, never had a regular job. He first lived in abandoned houses, but about 15 years ago he settled in the old city cemetery.

And free-loading squatters choose to live in empty houses too, while doing everything possible NOT to have a job or fit in with regular society. Some people are just like that. In a tomb for 15 years and living in empty houses even before that? Im sure if he needed or wanted help - he may have been offered it in over 15 years. Clearly even without a job he is eating and being clothed, plus one or two of the pics show him smoking, so he is getting handouts or cash from somewhere..

But its just something else to consider.

seeder, what your Mother did showed compassion and kindness.

This man's choice not to re-join society and behave in a "normal" way only goes to show that he had issues or problems that went unresolved.

I am not saying that we, those paying taxes and living life in the "normal" way should bolster and uphold those who don't, only that we should try to show comappsion and understanding and help were it is needed.

• Like 1