Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Breaking News Israeli tanks open fire


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 13,421 posts
  • Joined:16 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle WA USA

  • When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

http://www.presstv.i...-northern-gaza/


#2    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

    Integrity is all we have

  • Member
  • 2,598 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:White Cloud

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostOverSword, on 14 February 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:


The link doesn't contain any further information. I wonder whats really going on?


#3    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Not much info.


#4    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined:17 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Maine

  • "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Take 3 deep breaths.

Taking your advice right now.


#5    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,258 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Press TV, very much anti Israeli news site


#6    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 10,784 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

here we go again...

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#7    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,901 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Israel to Gaza: No farming!

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#8    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,965 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

PRESS TV?  I checked Jpost, Arutz Sheva, YNet and Haaretz and nary a word - not ONE about this situation.  I think maybe it's a mistakenly dated story.  At worst it's probably the IDF firing on someone trying to breach the restricted area.  Part of the agreed no man's land.  If they try to break the rules I don't know what else Israel can do.  If they are allowed to break this time they will do more the next - until rockets will be falling again.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#9    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

    Telekinetic

  • Closed
  • 6,628 posts
  • Joined:23 Jan 2009

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

This is harly news. If the story is accurate on this occassion it is not anything different to what happens very often. They often bring in the tanks to destroy the olive trees in Gaza and mess with the farmers' livelihood in any way they can.

They needs to keep the soldiers' minds active somehow. It gets a bit boring sitting, staring at a line, waiting for the next Palestinian kid to enter the 'neutal' zone (which is actually Gaza) to fetch a football so they can shoot him or her in the face.


#10    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,965 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 15 February 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

This is harly news. If the story is accurate on this occassion it is not anything different to what happens very often. They often bring in the tanks to destroy the olive trees in Gaza and mess with the farmers' livelihood in any way they can.

They needs to keep the soldiers' minds active somehow. It gets a bit boring sitting, staring at a line, waiting for the next Palestinian kid to enter the 'neutal' zone (which is actually Gaza) to fetch a football so they can shoot him or her in the face.
Provocative much, Ex?

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#11    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,951 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Think I'll wait for more information from additional sources.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#12    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

    Telekinetic

  • Closed
  • 6,628 posts
  • Joined:23 Jan 2009

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postand then, on 15 February 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

Provocative much, Ex?

What was incorrect about my post? Considering the vast majority of those killed by the IDF are kids, many of whom have neen shot simply for entering a part of Gaza that Israel has decided they can't, I feel my post was more or less on the money.


#13    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,965 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 15 February 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

What was incorrect about my post? Considering the vast majority of those killed by the IDF are kids, many of whom have neen shot simply for entering a part of Gaza that Israel has decided they can't, I feel my post was more or less on the money.
Never said it was incorrect, just that it was provocative as written.  Insinuation that the soldiers shoot children "in the face" out of boredom - describes people who anyone would consider evil, maybe even sub-human.  Dehumanizing rhetoric has been used often against the Jews and it gets old to listen to.  Frankly I expect more from someone as intelligent as yourself.  My complaint about this attitude is not that I feel Israel does no wrong but rather that there is no balance at all in the views of those who come against them.  There has never yet been a conflict that has gone on so long as this between Jew and Muslim that had only a single antagonist.  You never acknowledge the "other side" of the argument and for me that invalidates such vicious criticism.  If many children are killed it is because their elders fight using them as shields - of this there is no dispute.  And the reason they do so is because they understand that the only road to ultimate victory is to sway public opinion to their favor by images of the dead.  That is where supporters in the west such as yourself, Yam, Brutha and Bug come in.... your support enables the continuance of their hope (and funds) to continue fighting.  They will never make peace if they feel they can have all the land without surrendering anything in return.  But I think that between obama and the EU, March may bring some serious, possibly dangerous, changes to the region that will please most of the Palestinians.  Unfortunately it will not satisfy them for long and when they begin shooting again, I wonder how many here who support them will condemn those acts as strongly as they have condemned Israel?  It could happen, if any here are interested in honesty and fairness - we will see.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#14    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,901 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

View Postand then, on 15 February 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

Never said it was incorrect, just that it was provocative as written.  Insinuation that the soldiers shoot children "in the face" out of boredom - describes people who anyone would consider evil, maybe even sub-human.  Dehumanizing rhetoric has been used often against the Jews and it gets old to listen to.  Frankly I expect more from someone as intelligent as yourself.  My complaint about this attitude is not that I feel Israel does no wrong but rather that there is no balance at all in the views of those who come against them.  There has never yet been a conflict that has gone on so long as this between Jew and Muslim that had only a single antagonist.  You never acknowledge the "other side" of the argument and for me that invalidates such vicious criticism.  If many children are killed it is because their elders fight using them as shields - of this there is no dispute.  And the reason they do so is because they understand that the only road to ultimate victory is to sway public opinion to their favor by images of the dead.  That is where supporters in the west such as yourself, Yam, Brutha and Bug come in.... your support enables the continuance of their hope (and funds) to continue fighting.  They will never make peace if they feel they can have all the land without surrendering anything in return.  But I think that between obama and the EU, March may bring some serious, possibly dangerous, changes to the region that will please most of the Palestinians.  Unfortunately it will not satisfy them for long and when they begin shooting again, I wonder how many here who support them will condemn those acts as strongly as they have condemned Israel?  It could happen, if any here are interested in honesty and fairness - we will see.
The Israelis attack them in their homes.  Hint:  That's where their kids are.

Israel uses human shields as a matter of policy so what piddly evidence you have of Gazans doing it doesn't satisfy a response to Expand.   Yeah supporters from the West enable the continuance of their hope.  Too bad.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#15    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,965 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostYamato, on 16 February 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

The Israelis attack them in their homes.  Hint:  That's where their kids are.

Israel uses human shields as a matter of policy so what piddly evidence you have of Gazans doing it doesn't satisfy a response to Expand.   Yeah supporters from the West enable the continuance of their hope.  Too bad.
Your first statement does not invalidate anything I said, Yam.  I won't argue this with you any longer as you have proven with word and attitude that you would not care if the nation of Israel ( which you feel is illegitimate) disappeared from the planet today.  And by any means possible IMO.  If these rabble will fight behind their women and children then so they will die.  No dishonor attaches to those who fight them in self defense.  The Palestinians caould come to a table and talk and COMPROMISE, and peace could be made.  But only if, after giving their word, they then KEEP that word.  This is something they have shown they will not do.  They avoid talking because dupes in the west keep international pressure on Israel to give up all and receive nothing.  Now, rant aside, even if Israel were as horrible a criminal state as you claim does it seem logical that they with a vastly superior army and being a silent member of the nuclear club would simply give up and be uprooted from all they have built these 65 years?  Or, even worse, give most of it to usurpers and then live as second class citizens in a nation they founded, watching their children live in poverty with no hope of advancement in their own country?  That is foolishness Yam.  So when that war begins - will those that mindlessly support the Palestinian side only, feel at all responsible for helping to make it a reality?

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users