Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Schiff: The Real State of the Union 2013

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#16    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostGummug, on 17 February 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

For anyone who has been to the grocery store lately, or to the pumps, that graph looks awfully suspicious.
CPI is a hoax that some people actually believe.
http://www.unexplain...i

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#17    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,428 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostGummug, on 17 February 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

For anyone who has been to the grocery store lately, or to the pumps, that graph looks awfully suspicious.

There is nothing suspicious about it at all... it shows exactly the rate of inflation corresponding to the debt ratio. It demonstrates a no-win for the majority.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#18    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,245 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

I dream't last night that the Republicans took control of the Senate and the first thing they did was pass a gay marriage bill.

#19    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,978 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostYamato, on 17 February 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

So you were told and you believe what liars and politicians tell you.  

No, I believe government needed a deficit during a recession.

We've been through depressions and recessions galore in our history and we sprang back from all of them with fiscal responsibility and an intact currency.

actually they were very unsettling, disruptive and bad times in our history. And with economies that were nothing like what we have now.

Loser corporations should be taken to the graveyard and put out of their pathetic misery, not propped up

I agree with that to a point. Too big to fail. The result of GM going away would have been disastrous. Should we have too big to fail? no. I think not. If it's too big to fail then it should be broken up. That's a real failure of those government bureaucrats you hate so much.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#20    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,978 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostYamato, on 17 February 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

Congress is doing a trillion dollars more per year than they can afford.

almost all of which was passed in the last Congress/Administration. The Bush era tax cuts, Medicare Part D, the Iraq/Afghan wars, TARP

Edited by ninjadude, 17 February 2013 - 10:32 PM.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#21    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

actually they were very unsettling, disruptive and bad times in our history. And with economies that were nothing like what we have now.

Many would disagree about the unsettling thing. But I suppose you dont drive by many soup kitchens in your area.

The result of GM going away would have been disastrous

They did a good job with the bailoput they got. But that doesnt mean all examples of bailouts especially the banks turned out the same. Also there is no evidence it would have been disastrous for them to claim bancruptcy.

#22    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,978 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostYamato, on 17 February 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

CPI is a hoax that some people actually believe.

It's the same measure we have been using. In order to compare historical trends, you have to use the same base numbers.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#23    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,978 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

View Postacidhead, on 17 February 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

There is nothing suspicious about it at all... it shows exactly the rate of inflation corresponding to the debt ratio. It demonstrates a no-win for the majority.

2% 3% these are not hyperinflationary numbers

View PostFrank Merton, on 17 February 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

I dream't last night that the Republicans took control of the Senate and the first thing they did was pass a gay marriage bill.

You took a bit too much Ambien :)

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#24    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

You took a bit too much Ambien :)

I lol'd :tu:

#25    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,978 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 17 February 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Many would disagree about the unsettling thing. But I suppose you dont drive by many soup kitchens in your area.

Sorry but historical panics were much worse. And there were no safety nets.
http://eh.net/encycl...nking.panics.us
http://history.howst...cial-panics.htm

They did a good job with the bailoput they got. But that doesnt mean all examples of bailouts especially the banks turned out the same. Also there is no evidence it would have been disastrous for them to claim bancruptcy.

The banks? It's possible they should have failed. The problem that everyone feared was a banking panic. As listed in the links above. These were not fun times.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#26    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Not but if I took a picture of one of our local soup kitchens it does not lucky that far from. Remember the dust bowl also displaced many people during the 30's. Which we have not suffered during this recession.

Worse. Likely your right. But this one isnt over yet.

#27    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

View Postninjadude, on 17 February 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

It's the same measure we have been using. In order to compare historical trends, you have to use the same base numbers.
No it isn't, as the video in my response 'Inflation Propaganda Exposed' proved.   It used to be pretty accurate in the 1970s.  They deliberately and repeatedly modify the way they calculate the data and it's turned it into a hoax that some people actually believe.   If someone lives a life where they don't have to pay any of their own bills, they never go to college, and never get sick, then that person might believe the bill of goods government is selling them.  Meanwhile people who live in reality and do pay for their own food, energy, health care, insurance, and education know how badly they're getting screwed and don't accept these bogus numbers for a minute.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#28    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,978 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostYamato, on 17 February 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

Meanwhile people who live in reality and do pay for their own food, energy, health care, insurance, and education know how badly they're getting screwed and don't accept these bogus numbers for a minute.

so show me where it's hyper-inflationary as the poster claimed.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#29    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

View Postninjadude, on 17 February 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

almost all of which was passed in the last Congress/Administration. The Bush era tax cuts, Medicare Part D, the Iraq/Afghan wars, TARP
So?

#30    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

View Postninjadude, on 17 February 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

No, I believe government needed a deficit during a recession.

I agree with that to a point. Too big to fail. The result of GM going away would have been disastrous. Should we have too big to fail? no. I think not. If it's too big to fail then it should be broken up. That's a real failure of those government bureaucrats you hate so much.
We had a recession in 2008.   You should be agreeing with the lion's share of what I posted here by condemning Obama and Co. for running massive deficits since 2010 when the recession was long over.

The result of "GM going away" wouldn't have been all bad like it never is when companies go bankrupt, it would have spawned new American car companies with zero debt and a sustainable future.   There must be consequences for failure or else the economy makes no sense.  The way the price fixers are running our economy, it's a completely fiat system where if the government feels like saving you, it will.  If it doesn't, it won't.  Why do we appreciate the opinions of liars and crooks who sell their souls to special interests?   Small companies close their doors down every day.  It's sad, but it's the honest, responsible, fair and transparent way to go.   And they're not too big to fail.  

If you don't support the Corporatocracy, then join me in condemning it.  Partisan politics isn't an important enough reason to let this continue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users