Article I, Section 8
Congress has the power to
- levy and collect taxes
- borrow money on the credit of the US
- regulate commerce
- establish bankruptcy laws
- coin and regulate money and its value
- establish penalties for counterfeiting money and securities
- establish copyright, patent, and trademark laws
- determine a budget for the US and appropriate funds for operations
- make treaties with other nations, which may include economic issues
- make any laws necessary for carrying out its duties and powers.
Good then when it falls apart we specifically know who to blame. Oh wait it already fell apart.