Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Unbelievable Paintings Look Like Photographs!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,105 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

I must have looked over this page 4 times now. I have to take the word of the story but Ive never seen anyone, ever, paint plastic wrap, glass,  and especially reflections... so damned good as these...

http://www.zengardne...ke-photographs/

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

One would think that if you're going to paint something so realistic that you can't tell the difference between it and a photo, then why not save time and just take a photo?  Don't get me wrong, these pictures are amazing, I'm just thinking that if I had that skill I'd paint something more fantastic than a coke tin.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,105 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 15 February 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

One would think that if you're going to paint something so realistic that you can't tell the difference between it and a photo, then why not save time and just take a photo?  Don't get me wrong, these pictures are amazing, I'm just thinking that if I had that skill I'd paint something more fantastic than a coke tin.

Well its not just coke tins, the post was sure but photorealism has images from every subject imaginable...sort of.

Heres "John"  by Chuck Close

Posted Image

I guess its a question or subject that when presented to the artistic community has as many likers as dis-likers, heres some quotes on the subject by a few people

" A lot of people support photorealism, such as George, who says: "If you can't tell what it is, what is the point? Many people can appreciate and enjoy realistic art for the talent it shows and the moment in time it captures! I know it is not 'in' to appreciate realism, but the overall gallery sales will say that is the minority view"."

On the Painting Forum Noreen says: "I don't have the skills for photorealism but I wish I did. I have often been frustrated with a camera because it can't 'see' scenes the same way as the human eye."

Starrpoint says: "Photorealistic paintings are more real than a photo. Photos, as good as they are, have a certain flatness, a shallow depth of field, and lack of detail, that the photorealistic paintings do not have. ... In most cases, they are more 'real' than real. Added depth and understanding of the nature being studied is shown. Aften there are layers and layers of information in these paintings. And each artist has his or her version of what is real and what is imagined."

http://painting.abou...hotorealism.htm

Edited by seeder, 15 February 2013 - 01:12 PM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users