Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Meteor Explodes over Russia. dozens injured..

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#61    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

We do have footage of other meteorites. This one was just the closest to population centers of any relative size.

This one was over Perth awhile ago.

http://www.dailytele...y-1226414098371

#62    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 15 February 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

I'm wondering now if I've ever been struck by a rice grain meteor.

Edited by _Only, 15 February 2013 - 03:20 PM.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#63    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,271 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 February 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

We do have footage of other meteorites. This one was just the closest to population centers of any relative size.

This one was over Perth awhile ago.

http://www.dailytele...y-1226414098371
wow, thats pretty spectacular.
poor fish!

#64    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Coincidences do happen, or maybe they were in distant orbit about each other or something like that.

I think all the things of late are going to make the popular astronomy magazine publishers happy.

#65    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostMedicTJ, on 15 February 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Okay...let me word this another way.

The last two that have caused damage/injuries have both been in Russia.  And I don't care how big the Tunguska one was....it didn't injure as many as have been reported for this one.

You don't find it even a little odd?  I'm certain it's just coincidental.  I'm not suggesting anything paranormal here.  But you HAVE to admit that this isn't normal.

What is normal?  You mean normal as in the last 100, 200, 300 years?  Normal as in since history has been accurately recorded?  Or normal in the last 4.5 billion years this rock has been circling around the sun?  Russia is huge...statistically speaking by land masses...it will get hit more often.

I am pretty sure this type of thing happened regularly over the "big picture" time scale. No doom...nothing paranormal.

By the way, "not suggesting anything paranormal here. But you HAVE to admit that this isn't normal."  Is one definition of "paranormal"...

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#66    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

So Earth saved Asteroid DA- from a near Asteroid collision with this unnamed meteorite.

#67    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,271 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Time within the Universe does not work round a 24 hour clock, its not normal for us in our small time on this planet, but its just another bit of space dust to what happens out there.
The meteorite which wiped out the dinosaurs must have seemed pretty abnormal at the time too, but not according to space time.

Edited by freetoroam, 15 February 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#68    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

They do hit randomly around Earth. I will not jump on that CT theory. Russia is just a large landmass as was mentioned.

#69    zenfahr

zenfahr

Psychic Spy

• 1,600 posts
  • Location:Center of my universe.... which is located in a bunker in New Mexico.

• "The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow"
    -Nobody

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

View Post_Only, on 15 February 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

I'm wondering now if I've ever been struck by a rice grain meteor.
yeah you would notice... it would go right through you.

.....Im NOT here.....

My Art Gallery

#70    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 15 February 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

I have already given it.
Lorries have to have them.
Its an insurance thing, maybe in Russia the cars have them too because there are so many people trying to fiddle the insurance claims...thats why the lorries have to have them now, to stop the fiddles.

I was wondering if it was something like that - plus in this day and age being able to have the video from the spectacular pile up wreck can make you a lot of $$.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#71    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Meteors travel in packs, I guess? We've got the big one "fifteen minutes away" coming through in a few hours, as well.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#72    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,271 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostRafterman, on 15 February 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

I was wondering if it was something like that - plus in this day and age being able to have the video from the spectacular pile up wreck can make you a lot of $$.
We have the relatively newish scam in England, curtosy of the eastern Europeans, they stop suddenly and make you crash into them and claim on the insurance that it was your fault because you were too close, so no doubt Russia and many other European countries have already encountered this scam, hence the  cameras.
We will need them on all our cars soon, many cars here are already getting them.

#73    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,271 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostRockabyeBillie, on 15 February 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Meteors travel in packs, I guess? We've got the big one "fifteen minutes away" coming through in a few hours, as well.
So do I put the dinner in the oven or just leave it outside to cook?

#74    zenfahr

zenfahr

Psychic Spy

• 1,600 posts
  • Location:Center of my universe.... which is located in a bunker in New Mexico.

• "The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow"
    -Nobody

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostRockabyeBillie, on 15 February 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Ya, you can tell cuz you can hear them howling and banging on war drums in the far reaches of space.

.....Im NOT here.....

My Art Gallery

#75    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Now to reveal a secret! All the pix you have been seeing were edited. Here is an unedited image of truth about the metorite....
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users