Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Meteor Explodes over Russia. dozens injured..

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#76    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

RT are now reporting 'over 900' injuries.....

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#77    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

There goes the Best Korea missile theory.

#78    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,250 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 15 February 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

Now to reveal a secret! All the pix you have been seeing were edited. Here is an unedited image of truth about the metorite....
Posted Image

Now THATS a proper fart indeed....

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#79    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,250 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

View Postshrooma, on 15 February 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

RT are now reporting 'over 900' injuries.....

if they have that 'astronomer' chap on again you hear him respond to "could there be more"

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#80    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

View Postseeder, on 15 February 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

if they have that 'astronomer' chap on again you hear him respond to "could there be more"
if there ARE more, then either the ****-end of russia or canada should cop 'em, which should be ok as neither are very heavily populated areas.
(RT are focusing on the chris dorner thing atm, but the main news is on in 10, so i'll be looking for said astronomer chappie!)

if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#81    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Holy hell, there are no less than 3 local news crews in my office right now lining up to interview my boss about this.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#82    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#83    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,250 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

On now, click to watch live

http://rt.com/on-air/

Edited by seeder, 15 February 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#84    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Edited by the L, 15 February 2013 - 05:04 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#85    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,250 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Not saying this is fact - but...

The meteor explosion released as much energy as a nuclear blast, Nature magazine reports – a blast much larger than North Korea's recent test:

Infrasound data collected by a network designed to watch for nuclear weapons testing suggests that today's blast released hundreds of kilotonnes of energy. That would make it far more powerful than the nuclear weapon tested by North Korea just days ago and the largest rock crashing on the planet since a meteor broke up over Siberia's Tunguska river in 1908.

"It was a very, very powerful event," says Margaret Campbell-Brown, an astronomer at the University of Western Ontario in London, Canada, who has studied data from two infrasound stations near the impact site. Her calculations show that the meteoroid was approximately 15 metres across when it entered the atmosphere, and put its mass at around 40 tonnes. "That would make it the biggest object recorded to hit the Earth since Tunguska," she says.

http://www.guardian....ls-live-updates

RT news just confirmed the above too

Edited by seeder, 15 February 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#86    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

RT just reported that some of our more enterprising russian cousins are already offering meteorite pieces on ebay for$10,000!!

#87    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,250 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

The meteors path versus the asteroid flying by soon

Or if you want zoom-ability

http://s.telegraph.c...ges/Meteor5.png

#88    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

apparently, it's the FOURTH meteorite to hit the area in 100yrs!
the people selling home insurance in the urals area must be laughing all the way to the bankski!!

Edited by shrooma, 15 February 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#89    JoeyLuisLeel

JoeyLuisLeel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

This is totaly speculative but what if they r just telling us (about the other one thats to pass by us later today) all this crap about missing us just to ward off any fear or mass hysteria? obviously russia didnt see that coming.

Posted Image

#90    sergeantflynn

sergeantflynn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

• WHY WORRY ?

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

I don`t think it was a meteorite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users