Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Haunting confirmed by pyschic and photo

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#46    scowl

scowl

Photographic Phraud

• 4,031 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 20 February 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

Step 1: Throw some dust in air
step 2: take photo with digital camera.
Step 3: Post photo on Internet and bear witness that it's a photo of the Holy Spirit because no one can prove otherwise.

#47    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,809 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

View Postnotforgotten, on 19 February 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

I can bear witness, give testimony and my personal experienced opinion and not have to produce any evidence at all on this forum.
No you don't, but if all you have are unsubstantiated claims about amazing things that exactly like non-amazing things then don't expect anyone to believe you.

Can you prove to me that the picture does not contain a genuine orb in it and that the orb is not The Holy Spirit?
Can you prove to me that the picture does not contain a genuine orb that isn't a tiny spacecraft operated by an extra terrestrial?  

Can you prove to me that the picture does not contain a genuine orb in it and that the orb is not a Djinn?

Can you prove to me that the picture does not contain a genuine orb in it and that the orb is not Loki playing tricks with the camera?

Because you can't, I take it then that you maintain that that these claims are worthy of taking seriously?

Nn one has ever been able to prove what orbs really are.
Actually, they have.  If you want orbs, turn on the camera flash, stir up some dust in the air, and take a photo.  Hey presto, orbs!  Or take photos of snow as per my photos above.  Or in the rain.

When you have a small illuminated object (like by the camera's flash) close to the camera and out of the camera's range of focus, it will get out of focus and appear as a roughly circular illuminated blob.  That is an indisputed fact.

But there are those who maintain that ghosts, energy, the Holy Spirit, or whatever appears in the exact same form as these known optical artefacts. For some reason these mystical orbs generally appear under the same conditions that the proven natural orbs appear.  It is incumbent on those claiming it isn't an optical artefact to prove their claims, not those who recognise a common optical artefact for what it is.

There are some of us in the world that believe they are the Holy Spirit.
And some believe it is most definitely not the Holy Spirit but that it is the ghosts of people or energy caused by the spirits of people.  Some of the people who believe in orbs don't believe in the existence of the Holy Sprit.

Through my experience, I know that the orb is the Holy Spirit but I do not have to prove this to anyone. If you are so into proof, why don't you try to prove to m[e that it's not.
You want me to prove to you that a picture of snow is not a picture of snow?  

Prove to me the following picture isn't a group of extra-terrestrial spores waiting to hatch:

Posted Image

You can't.  Yeah, I know it looks like mushrooms.  But it isn't.  I know this from experience.

What is the difference between my claim and yours?  Both are boring photos of boring everyday things claimed to be something more much spectacular and which just happens to look like a boring everyday phenomenon.

Edited by Archimedes, 20 February 2013 - 05:10 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#48    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

The OP of this is like saying an ex-resident of Atlantis verifies the existence of Sleagh Maith. Two things that only exist in mythology or peoples imaginations. JMO.

Edited by Esoteric Toad, 20 February 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#49    Fstop

Fstop

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 16 February 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

It's SNOW.  It is obviously snow.  It looks exactly like a picture taken with a camera with the flash on of snow.  You can even see the light snow or frost on the grass and the tree indicating that even though it might have been "late spring", the photo was taken during cold weather.

For comparison (from my own files):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You want 'orbs' in your photos?  If it's snowing and dark outside, turn on your camera flash and start shooting.  Each photo will be crammed with 'orbs'.

I checked the EXIF data but the date the pic was taken hasn't been recorded in the photos from some reason.  Possibly a flat clock battery in the camera.

DAAAAAAAAMN Archimedes - looks like you got yerself an orb infestation!  Time to call a priest, shaman, and whatever other holy dudes you can gather up.  LOL.  I'm joking, of course.  Orbs have been thoroughly debunked at this point.  A non-anomaly.  Nice post!

We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are. – Anais Nin

#50    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,499 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Geez folks, enough with the orbs smackdown. People have offered their opinions to the OP about what's in the pics, give it a rest and get over it that there is a difference in opinion going on.

Back to the OP... If he comes back again... I think perhaps the music box going off might have a mundane cause, sometimes there is an overwinding or other mechanical things that happen to occasionally make a music box go off.
And you might want to take the claim of a burial ground nearby with a big pinch of salt- that claim pops up fairly often without being verifiable.

#51    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Orbs are always interesting, dust, snow, manipulation, insects etc etc are possibilities depending on location but also not every single photo with orbs in is a fake, ghosts manifest depending on the available energy and conditions of the location (which we are only in the infancy of understanding) and perhaps the spirits intent plays a part too. The more squiggly type of orb manifestations are usually more intriguing. Videos can also show irregular movement not seeming to be caused solely by wind or air displacement.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#52    scowl

scowl

Photographic Phraud

• 4,031 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 20 February 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

Orbs are always interesting, dust, snow, manipulation, insects etc etc are possibilities depending on location but also not every single photo with orbs in is a fake,

No, they are just a misidentification. It is very surprising to take a flash photo at night and discover the air was full of things you couldn't see.

If these orbs are some kind of "spirit" or "energy", why are they invisible without a flash?

#53    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,977 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

View Postscowl, on 20 February 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

No, they are just a misidentification. It is very surprising to take a flash photo at night and discover the air was full of things you couldn't see.

If these orbs are some kind of "spirit" or "energy", why are they invisible without a flash?

Your flash player is out of date.  Please click below to download the latest version.
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

(sorry... lol... I couldn't resist it)

Edited by Eldorado, 20 February 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#54    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,353 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

They're not completely invisible imo, just incredibly difficult to spot or notice in light or when you ain't truly looking for 'em, it's a rare enough event that you're bound to miss such faint things, same way dust isn't visible unless it makes you sneeze. I have no idea what the reason is orb phenomena and a lot of paranormal activity doesn't show up except in photographs and video, same way no one yet knows why ghosts are translucent and pearly, it all depends on your personal belief of course. I just don't believe in dropping all bizarre sights as faked or natural causes, I believe ghost manifestation is linked to natural causes though, stranger things and all that, hurricanes were seen as anger from deities, world as flat and all that funky jazz!

Edited by DancingCorpse, 20 February 2013 - 11:18 PM.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#55    Fstop

Fstop

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 20 February 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

They're not completely invisible imo, just incredibly difficult to spot or notice in light or when you ain't truly looking for 'em,

In other words, they are easy to spot if you believe in them, and have already conditioned your brain to "find" them where you expect them to already be.

Orbs are as fake as Dolly Parton's ya-yas - which themselves are orb-like, ironically.

We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are. – Anais Nin

#56    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 2,912 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 20 February 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Where ya been skeptic debunking man ?

I am here, I just like to stand back and let others post, most the time the thoughts of skeptics or members here i agree and i don't feel the need to repeat what was said.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#57    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 25 February 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

I am here, I just like to stand back and let others post, most the time the thoughts of skeptics or members here i agree and i don't feel the need to repeat what was said.

Yes,but no one does it step by step like you do ;)

Miss me?

#58    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,353 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

View PostFstop, on 21 February 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

In other words, they are easy to spot if you believe in them, and have already conditioned your brain to "find" them where you expect them to already be.

Orbs are as fake as Dolly Parton's ya-yas - which themselves are orb-like, ironically.

Also applies like this; All 'orb' experiences are as fake as plastic trees if you have closed your mind to the possibility of the paranormal!

If science ain't discovered them or classified them yet it doesn't mean they don't exist. many occurrences in nature were misunderstood and dismissed or explained in alternate ways to the actual. Many animals and organisms only discovered once we travelled further. Gravity was a riddle for many years etc. If you believe in spirits and that they are part of a natural mechanism then it is some form of energy that is the primal form of a manifestation that doesn't have the power to make the next step.

Phantom limbs have been experienced before or partial apparitions, not having the right conditions to draw energy off mayhap. If you think ghosts are a load of rubbish you obviously won't believe in that either, which is fine! They can largely be attributed to dust, bugs, flecks of light on the camera etc yes but also have been documented moving in interesting ways which are not easily debunked as dust movement via air displacement or insects. All rational explanations are very possible of course but I personally don't believe 100% is merely swept aside like a finished dinner! The same way that indicating every single creak in an old house must be the presence of a ghoul.

The most riveting kind of orb appearance are not really particles, more akin to glowing and silvery flickers. Everyone is entitled to their own interpretations, peace!

Edited by DancingCorpse, 26 February 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#59    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

View PostHazzard, on 16 February 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

:tu:

Yes,... Orbs are photographic artifacts – specifically bits of airborne dust, water droplets, snow, insects etc, caught in the flash of a camera. They appear out of focus because they are so close to the lens of the camera in an area called "The orb zone" which is between the camera lens and the point of focus.

http://pyrrho.s5.com/orbs.html

Most people know this,... in fact, most ghost hunter websites dont even archive orb photos any more. Also,... Claiming to see "something" in the orb is nothing new. All you need is a dose of the old Pareidolia and you can see the virgin Mary in the burned tortilla, the face on Mars or Lenin in your shower curtain.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Pareidolia

Obama toast, anyone?

Posted Image

From space with love.

Posted Image

Seriously - Orbs belong on the paranormal trash dump with Rods and James Van Praagh

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#60    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

View Postnotforgotten, on 15 February 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

I couldn't see anything in the first picture. The second picture is an "orb" picture. I believe "orbs" are the holy spirit.
So you believe dust and snow is the holy spirit. How you love your religion!

Edited by csspwns, 27 February 2013 - 05:19 AM.

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users