Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Awake in other dimensions

sleep dream alternate dimension weird

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    xXSolemnDemonXx

xXSolemnDemonXx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Do you believe that when we're dreaming, we're awake in another dimension?

Edited by xXSolemnDemonXx, 16 February 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,682 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

nope.
I believe dreams are our brain's way of keeping itself entertained and filing away information while the "self repair" and recharge systems are running.

#3    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

View PostxXSolemnDemonXx, on 16 February 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

I believe in different dimensions, but i dont know what my mind is up to while im asleep.Think it makes me hide things from myself sometimes though,wake up and cant find a damn thing even though i knew exactly where i put it before i went to sleep haha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#4    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,697 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 16 February 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

nope.
I believe dreams are our brain's way of keeping itself entertained and filing away information while the "self repair" and recharge systems are running.
Lots of research on dreaming would disagree with you.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#5    Rocketgirl

Rocketgirl

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

• "I envy the dead for they do not have to see how the world is changing for the worst."
    -Rocketgirl

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

Based on the kind of dreams that I have, I think it's possible that when we dream we go to another dimension. But that's just what I think because sometimes dreams can be so out there it makes me wonder how my mind came up with it.

"I envy the dead for they do not have to see how the world is changing for the worst."
-Rocketgirl

"Try to change the world for the better, if you fail keep trying. Always aim for that impact of change in a positive way."
-Rocketgirl

#6    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,314 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

I think we evolve in our sleep, kind of like the way a plant grows after receiving plenty and water and sun and then some time in the dark. Over night we see thier growth. I think we grow because we go to a place that offers the nutrients for that growth...  we get smarter (or perhaps dumber) based on what we feed our bodies or our minds during the day and especially right before we go to sleep, reading something positive and stimulating aids in development during sleep, you can feel it working during the night when you wake up a little or in the morning. We see this very distinctly in children, they often come up with brilliant statements or are noticably more intellegent first thing after they wake up.

You may not remember everything but there is some sort of impression that has been made and you can feel it. Sometimes our dreams are strong and have deep and powerful (revelatory)meanings, sometimes we connect to others in our dreams in unexplained or psychic ways, sometimes the imagry is so strong and clear or the story unfolds in such a phenominal way that you know "your mind" couldn't possibly come up with such a thing on its own. To answer the op I think the answer is yes.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#7    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

Not at all. Do you?

Posted Image

#8    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,175 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

Why not? Seem's plausable.

#9    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,802 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

Someone has been watching too much science fiction.

#10    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

• No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

I have often asked.myself this question when I was a child and I still do, I think we can travel other dimentions in our dreams but im not sure if it applies to our wakeing lives. I go by the philosophy "i think therefore I am"

#11    The Dreamer - Hybrid89

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

• Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hmm, well one year ago I wouldve probably said 'Im not sure.'

However, now im quite sure that we do in some dreams. I mean Lucid dreaming can only go so far.

My dreams of late have been so real, I didnt know I was dreaming, felt, tasted, etc etc.

To say that it isnt possible, id say ,prove it isnt.

That being said, we dont know everything about the human mind, as a matter of fact we no **** all.

I was looking up Superhumans, that program earlier today and there was this guy that could increased the conductivity in his skin using his mind or something of the sort. The leading nuerologist in the UK coouldnt understand how it was done.

So unless your an expert on the human mind and no every little last thing about it. Theres no way you can say 'No that cant exist or doesnt.'

Ones belief and opinion is one thing, but dont debunk something with no evidence.

Posted Image

Also tagged with sleep, dream, alternate, dimension, weird

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users