Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

@Gun Owners

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

View PostGummug, on 18 February 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

I hope this is relevant, don't want to sidetrack, but these guys are making more and more sense:

I been preaching this for years now. Glad I am not the only one that notice this and trying to explain to people. He he...

Edited by Uncle Sam, 18 February 2013 - 07:36 PM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#17    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,279 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 17 February 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

Fine. Let's publish the names and addresses of everyone on government assistance. Or... How about you give us your name and address since it's no big deal.

interesting. I'm not certain that is not already available.

Secondly as I am not on government assistance, I wouldn't be there. I don't have landline so I'm not in the white pages.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#18    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,279 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Poststevemagegod, on 18 February 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yes i know. But thats not the point here.

yes it is. If you don't want to be listed in public documents then avail yourself of those options.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#19    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Not owning a landline will help you anonmore.

and no thats not my number

http://www.phoneaddr....com/8188894567

Edited by AsteroidX, 18 February 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#20    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,279 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

View PostBama13, on 18 February 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

FIFY

Quite correct. My mistake

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#21    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,810 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

View Postninjadude, on 18 February 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

interesting. I'm not certain that is not already available.

Secondly as I am not on government assistance, I wouldn't be there. I don't have landline so I'm not in the white pages.
Do you own a house? That would put you on public record. My county has a real estate assessment web page. Lists all homes, addresses, owners, property value, tax info, pictures... You are in a gov database somewhere. So you should tell us all who you are and where you live. It's ok for the gun owners to be outed. They didn't do anything except exercise there rights. Same as you exercise your right to speak freely. There is no difference. you can say the gun owners are potentially dangerous but I could say the same for the principals you speak of. So I think you're potentially hazardous to society and I think the community should know who you are so they can decide whether to avoid you or your family or decide whether or not to vandalize or rob your home. It's only fair. You love fair. Practice what you preach why don't you.

#22    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

It let common thieves know who doesn't have a gun and are vulnerable. I think it might backfire on them.

#23    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,810 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostMichelle, on 18 February 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

It let common thieves know who doesn't have a gun and are vulnerable. I think it might backfire on them.
Actually the NY paper that released all that info screwed the pooch bigtime. Turned out a great amount of that info was old and irrelevant. Many of the people who were listed no longer even lived at those addresses or had guns since they may have since sold them or whatever. Besides, at least a couple people, that we know of, were robbed for their guns. Unfortunately those pesky irresponsible gun owners had their shlt locked up and the thieves couldn't get them.

#24    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,279 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 18 February 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

Do you own a house? That would put you on public record. My county has a real estate assessment web page. Lists all homes, addresses, owners, property value, tax info, pictures... You are in a gov database somewhere. So you should tell us all who you are and where you live. It's ok for the gun owners to be outed.

I do and that information is publicly available. It's part of the MLS (multi-list) and is the same thing as the gun owner database. They were not "outed". This is public information. Public information is available to the public. You whining about outing me here is irrelevant. UM users are not public information. (not being a government body) Until UM requires real names like facebook, I don't have to.

View PostMichelle, on 18 February 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

I'm sorry I just don't see how it matters or was even useful.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#25    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

What you dont see is your biggest weakness

#26    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,810 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

View Postninjadude, on 18 February 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

I do and that information is publicly available. It's part of the MLS (multi-list) and is the same thing as the gun owner database. They were not "outed". This is public information. Public information is available to the public. You whining about outing me here is irrelevant. UM users are not public information. (not being a government body) Until UM requires real names like facebook, I don't have to.
Yes but like the gun owners you are an American citizen who exercises your rights in a way which I, a concerned American citizen, feel is potentially hazardous to society. It was ok for others to be listed on the world wide web. I feel like you should do the same. You condone the practice, not me. UM is irrelevant. It's the internet all the same as anything else online. And facebook doesn't require your real name.

#27    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 18 February 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

Actually the NY paper that released all that info screwed the pooch bigtime. Turned out a great amount of that info was old and irrelevant. Many of the people who were listed no longer even lived at those addresses or had guns since they may have since sold them or whatever. Besides, at least a couple people, that we know of, were robbed for their guns. Unfortunately those pesky irresponsible gun owners had their shlt locked up and the thieves couldn't get them.

Wow i did not know that. That's even more reason for them not to do **** like that. We Gun Owners at least have some protection from Robbers who are dumb enough to try and rob us but for the people who don't have any Guns on that list is just wow. Now your putting people who don't have anything to do in the Gun Debate at risk. At least do your research before you do something stupid like that. Just so much facepalm.

Edited by stevemagegod, 19 February 2013 - 02:37 AM.

#28    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,810 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

View Poststevemagegod, on 19 February 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

Wow i did not know that. That's even more reason for them not to do **** like that. We Gun Owners at least have some protection from Robbers who are dumb enough to try and rob us but for the people who don't have any Guns on that list is just wow. Now your putting people who don't have anything to do in the Gun Debate at risk. At least do your research before you do something stupid like that. Just so much facepalm.
Yep, it is stupid. Here check this out. I made a thread about it and kept it updated each time I saw a new article pertaining to it. Check it out, you'll enjoy. http://www.unexplain...topic=239918=

#29    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

View Postninjadude, on 18 February 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

I'm sorry I just don't see how it matters or was even useful.

Being a thief, would you break into a home or business that had a vicious dog on the premises, or would you break into the easier target without one? You can't be that naive.

#30    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,279 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 18 February 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

It was ok for others to be listed on the world wide web. I feel like you should do the same.

for the 10th time. I already am.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users