Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Band of Holes Mystery Solved?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,550 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

I agree Poop holes, :) :) a kind of out door place to to get rid of waste.

Edited by docyabut2, 25 February 2013 - 01:07 AM.

#32    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

• not for nothing, but you sound like a half [...]

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 25 February 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

I agree Poop holes, :) :) a kind of out door place to to get rid of waste.

well, multiple poop holes, that leads to group pooping and maybe to poop Olympics ;-)

Finally got my black belt....

#33    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,014 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

...  the crowd is hushed  as Corrigan  goes for the gold  with one final push

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#34    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostTime Spy, on 24 February 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

Here's a new thought.  I'll take it for granted that everyone has used a a computer (but the ipad is much better) to play with google maps.  When zooming in on any town its very easy to find the airport.  They're all layed out in triangles and crosses and very easy to spot from the skies.  Check out the desert in Arizona and Nevada.  Quite a few airports dot the surrounding region, such as area 51.

There are so many explanations to what the lines in Peru are and what they actually were.  There is no doubt that they are set up in triangles and wide stripped geometrical formations, resembling very much airports when zooming in from afar.  Of course scientists say there is no possible way that modern day airplanes landed on them, because of the rock, sand, oxide ...not hard or solid enough.  However the explanation is simple they were landing strips alrgight but for great flying feathered serpeants from the ancient days told in many legends througout the surrounding regions.   To the East where these holes are located are merely hatching sites for the eggs that were buried by those creatures.  BOOM, didn't see that idea coming now did you.  :yes:

Was waiting for someone to actually suggest it and yes saw that one coming from miles away.

View Postlightly, on 25 February 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

...  the crowd is hushed  as Corrigan  goes for the gold  with one final push

..... or rather knocked out by some malodorous emanations from the playing fields......

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#35    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,670 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 25 February 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Was waiting for someone to actually suggest it and yes saw that one coming from miles away.

Now you're merely toying, weren't you Guv'nor ?

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#36    midwestmind

midwestmind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

As close as i can tell C.S.M silly notion is close to what it most likely is. It looks to me like a poor mans wall it would make for very rough terrain to pass an army except for the few choke points that i can see. wagons and siege equipment would be screwed. Holes are far easier to work with walls can be knocked down and brushed aside but filling holes that size and location smoothe enough for large scale movements would be a real pain.

#37    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,341 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Here is a pic of the area near the Band of Holes, and a pic from the nearby river (See the little figure on the map), showing the steepness of these mountains.

Attached File  Holes.jpg   123.09K   13 downloads

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#38    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 25 February 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Now you're merely toying, weren't you Guv'nor ?

Who? Me? I would never.......    Well..... maybe just a tad ......  :innocent:

View Postmidwestmind, on 26 February 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

As close as i can tell C.S.M silly notion is close to what it most likely is. It looks to me like a poor mans wall it would make for very rough terrain to pass an army except for the few choke points that i can see. wagons and siege equipment would be screwed. Holes are far easier to work with walls can be knocked down and brushed aside but filling holes that size and location smoothe enough for large scale movements would be a real pain.

If you see how steep the mountains actualmly are, that might makes sense. Walls hard to construct as opposed to holes to make.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users