Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Zombies

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

View PostSkepticalB, on 10 September 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

I must misremember the movie, I thought they used puffer f-

OH crap that's Buried Alive.
I hate doing that with details

Using puffer toxin would work in a minute quantity. Even a drop kills humans. That's why when eating fugu, you really want the chef to know and pay attention to what he's doing. So many people have died from careless preparation of the dish.

#32    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

right, right

the movie i confused the details with has that as a plot point, a cheatin wife tries to kill her husband w/ puffer fish toxin.

...because 80's

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#33    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

Hahaha.

#34    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,170 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

I like to watch Zombies at Super market check outs.They just stand and stare,dont speak,and shuffle forward until its their turn.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#35    TheConspiracy

TheConspiracy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Krokodil or  крокодил mean crocodile in Russian. Now we know why they named it that because it basically eats you....

#36    werewolflvr96

werewolflvr96

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of somebody else.

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Really there just brainless humans roaming the earth in various locations such as: Egypt, Syria, Transylvania.

The exponential wanderer.

#37    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

There are brainless humans roaming every place that is inhabited on earth.

#38    Celestae

Celestae

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

thank you for this post... its started an interesting facebook debate on my wall :tsu:

#39    Loreoffolk

Loreoffolk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

curiousity killed the cat but atleast the cat was brace enough to investigate:P

#40    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

I dont think curiosity has much to do with zombies

#41    Whisperer

Whisperer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

• "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

Another story I read was to  do with Underworld people who wield wand type devices that could displace the soul/spirit of a person and then reprogram the 'living dead' with what the wand wielder wanted them to do, guards in most cases...to stop or capture adventurouse folks who wander into their realms.

I be Ra...The river of life, the ebb and flow of summer tides...
Make not an image of me, nor offer unto me the limitations of form...
For I be Soul....and I will not be limited...

#42    born2run

born2run

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

• "I am afeared there are few die well that die in battle".
    King Henry V,Act IV. Scene i.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

Not in Haiti they aren't, local legends or otherwise. So said a friend of mine that was in the PEACE CORP. in the mid 60s and live there for sometime. It was not a joke then and was not even close to being thought a topic of humor. Seemed one might live longer that way or so :w00t: she said.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. :no:

#43    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

hatian "zombies" were just people on drugs being used as slave labor.  Not to discredit your belief if you're suggesting voodoo was involved.

#44    Euryleia

Euryleia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

• In every tale and legend, there is a little bit of truth...

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:39 PM

To the OP,

It depends which type of Zombies you're speaking of.

If you're talking about the Dead coming back via Witch Doctors and through Voodoo rituals then that's not true nor is it possible even if all scientist or witch doctors throughout the ages gathered together in one place to revive a rat and return its soul back to its body. When the soul seperates from the body after Death, no human being has enough power to summon back the soul and return it to a dead body. These Voodoo priests who try to make people believe that they have the power to do so are liars. Only by the command of God can a soul return to its body. See: Near Death experiences.

Now we have the Infected/Walking Dead scenario. People to this day and date still debate if such a thing could be possible in the future. Again, all it may take  is one infected burger, an unprotected sex, or the first human infected's bite.

In my personal opinion, dead bodies reanimating back to life because of a virus is impossible but a living being infected with a 'mutated' parasitic organism or virus which will turn the Living being into an enraged, flesh-hungry zombie -like being is highly possible.

Although rare, humans infected with rabies can succumb easily to their deaths if not treated immediately, but what if we take the genetic code of the rabies and mutate it multiple times with another type of a 'mutate' parasitic organism then give it the 'flu virus' traits to become airborne (and to make it more dramatical, add Ebola traits so that the infected bleed their guts out).. The virus will not kill you, but now entering the brain, resides in the front lobe and causes brain inflammation while the mutated virus takes control of the infected. The infected starts to show signs of fever and flu, nausea and blood vomiting soon followed by ]hallucinations,  seizures, memory loss; rage and frenzy turning the Infected into a seria killer with primal instincts of survival. All that will matter is to feed, the virus' way of spreading the virus to an a non-infected human. (See the zombies in 28 days later).

BUT again, because it would take time before such hybrid virus to come to life, lab scientists would find out about it and isolate the threat before it even incubates inside the body.. Viruses are known to have a high mutation rate though.

Edited by Euryleia, 15 December 2013 - 11:42 PM.

Posted Image

"I heard singing before but...there's nobody here..."
Interest: Folklore, Paranormal.

#45    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,305 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Zombies are controlled by aliens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users