Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bigfoot shot. Is this murder?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostLilly, on 17 February 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

Just wondering, exactly how does one go about capturing a 9 ft 800 lb hairy man-beast? :unsure2:

Well, it involves mirrors and chocolate...

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#17    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 17 February 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

http://www.dailymail...s-says-lie.html

Just supposing this story is true, could this guy be charged with murder? Or perhaps some crime to do with endangered species?

Again, pretending this creature were real :w00t:
If science kills (new) species to collect and study them all the time, how could I be in legal hot water for killing some animal new to science?
This animal in NOT classified by mainstream science as either what it is or how many there are in the wild. Are they endangered or highly intelligent and elusive?

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#18    hatecraft

hatecraft

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

This is why the only mythical/imaginary creatures I ever kill are vampires.  They always crumble to dust and I don't have to worry about evidence that could be used against me in fairy tale court.

Edited by hatecraft, 18 February 2013 - 02:36 AM.

#19    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Wow? You guys have no clue on this subject.

#20    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,358 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

If it is about Dyer, then he should definately be charged with murder, because he probably shot a unwashed homeless man in the back of the head.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#21    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

• I make blog entries with stupid jokes and post them to the internet.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

I like how Rick Dyer expects everyone to give him a second chance after he tricks the entire world by creating the most famous Bigfoot hoax in recent history. I completely changed my opinion on the video once I learned he shot the video.

Check out my paranormal news blog on Tumblr! TheParanormalBlog.Tumblr.com

#22    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,125 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 17 February 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

It just didn't seem right to me that people can (hypothetically!), go around killing creatures, willy-nilly, when there are so few of those creatures around(allegedly!). Actually, this it what makes it an obvious hoax ....... if you really knew where Bigfoot was, wouldn't the most logical thing be to capture him/her alive?

Actually no.  The most logical thing would be to kill one and bring it in for further study - thus finally proving it exists and then species and habitat protection laws could then be put in place.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#23    Whitedog333

Whitedog333

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• To do is to be - Sacrates
    To be is to do - Sarte
    Do be do be do - Sinatra

That which does not kill us, makes us stronger

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Philisophicly, isn't any killing that isn't in self defense, self preservation or to aquire food murder? Legaly? No.

#24    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Just wondering, exactly how does one go about capturing a 9 ft 800 lb hairy man-beast? :unsure2:

It's easy. Just give me a wink and a sly smile (and maybe flash a little skin) and I'll follow you anywh...

Oh, you're talking about the cryptid bigfoot. Never mind.

Speaking of murdering bigfoot, maybe that's why I've been shot before?

Naw, it was probably just a coincidence.

Whadda ya know? Two in one post. :lol:

#25    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,385 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PosttheSOURCE, on 18 February 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

It's easy. Just give me a wink and a sly smile (and maybe flash a little skin) and I'll follow you anywh...

Oh, you're talking about the cryptid bigfoot. Never mind.

LOL!

Speaking of murdering bigfoot, maybe that's why I've been shot before?

Naw, it was probably just a coincidence.

I think you need to shave and get a haircut before venturing out again.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#26    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

We've captured much larger and more dangerous animals, but they were captured by people who knew what they were doing, not by guys yodelling in the forest with FLIR cameras.

#27    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Njuggle

• 9,547 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

I would have thought a couple of tranquiliser darts would be a start.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#28    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Njuggle

• 9,547 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

http://www.dailymail...NA-bigfoot.html

Texas vet Melba Ketchum claims to have found Sasquatch DNA ........ and she is concerned about protecting these 'Native Americans' too ..........

(I'm puzzled by her claim that she got the DNA from blueberry muffins the tribe of TEN had been eating :unsure2: ! TEN? She's identified TEN individual Sasquatches?)

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#29    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,358 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Murdering Bigfoot sounds like the title of a Reality Show.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#30    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,622 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 18 February 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

http://www.dailymail...NA-bigfoot.html

Texas vet Melba Ketchum claims to have found Sasquatch DNA ........ and she is concerned about protecting these 'Native Americans' too ..........

(I'm puzzled by her claim that she got the DNA from blueberry muffins the tribe of TEN had been eating :unsure2: ! TEN? She's identified TEN individual Sasquatches?)

Well, I guess it only goes to show bigfoot likes blueberry muffins better than slabs of ribs... The gal attracted 10, and the guy in the OP only attracted one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users