Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

you can obe? prove it

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Getting a little frustrated seeing all these people claim to do it but it just seems like such nonsense.

The people often talking about it never seen to give much detail about the experience.

I mean if it looks like the phySical world and so many people do it why have I never heard a single story about people meeting in the spirit world?

To those who have done it answer this

If its the same as our real world can you spy on people?

Can you see other obe people?

Why haven't I ever heard a single interesting story about what people do every night when they do it?

If you can one and travel anywhere how about I put something in a location you astral travel there and tell me what it is. Should be easy job for those claiming to astral travel right?

Rarely do I ever see good description if what its like how you move what colours there are etc...

Is this just a bunch of caflooey? Why can't anyone prove its real if it is?

#2    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

If I give an address or location and put something there which one of you astral travelers can tell me What is there.

Should be easy? Who's up for the challenge?

#3    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

you will find that most people probably  arnt interested in proving to others what they can and cannot do. i doubt you will get any takers and any that do with probley get it wrong thus pretty much confirming your opinion of your pretty word caflooey?

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#4    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

I put this in the wrong section.

Supposed to be dreams ans consciousness

Oh and if they don't want to prove it they are obviously lying to

#5    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

What's an obe?  0_o

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#6    Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

• The answer to 1984, is uhhh... 1812?

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

I am skilled at "out of body" travel. However, I am normally skeptical of most paranormal topics. What first sparked my curiosity into "astral projection" or "OBE's" was the first time I accidently fell into "sleep paralysis". I moved my arms and it seemed like they were moving through syrup almost and leaving a trail as they moved, similar to when you wave a sparkler through the air at night. I searched on the internet for what exactly it was I had experienced, and read all about sleep paralysis, but I still wondered how I moved my arms while in this state. That's when I stumbled upon "OBE" in my research. Like I said, I was not inclined to believe in such things, but the experience sounded too interesting to pass up at the time. If you look on the internet you will see there is a fair amount of consistency in experiences and techniques to achieve this, so I read about techniques and trained daily for six months. I didn't give up, just persevered and I did achieve a fully councious out of body experience (and it was life changing and just as amazing as most of what you've probably heard about it).

At this time i became fairly skilled in achieving out of body experiences, and the next step, was lucid dreaming. I noticed that the two states were very similar and today I don't really differentiate between them. Even during councious exit, you leave your body, stand in your room and it seem totally like the physical world... at first. The more you move the more you notice inconsistencies and the experience basically takes on a dream environment. I personally don't believe in out of body travel, I believe it takes place in the mind and is very similar to a dream state (and you're not denying that people dream are you?), only you are totally councious and can manipulate the environment.

Sorry if that was redundant, but the point of my post is that while you're totally justified in denying that people can leave the body, I do not believe you are justified in denying that the experience is real. Research techniques to achieve sleep paralysis or the "trance" state and then learn exit techniques from there. Just don't give up. Real or not, it does not change the fact that this is a rewarding and interesting thing to practice and experience, but until you do experience it for yourself, its all just hearsay.

#7    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

See what I mean you just said you can astral travel then you said you were not sure if you were dreaming.  How the heck can you not know the difference?  I mean if u even have to ask that question you were dreaming.

If u think its not a dream give me reasons why?

Also give me detailed descriptions on what the other side is like.

#8    Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

What I said was there is no difference between "astral travel" and "lucid dreaming". A lucid dream is just like a regular dream, except you are councious and aware of being in a dream. Like any skill the more you practice the longer you can stay councious in the dream state and the more control you can gain over your environment. At no point did I state anything about the "other side", I just told you what its like, like a dream only you're aware and councious and you can create or explore any environment your mind, whether councious or subcouncious can come up with. There is nothing paranormal about it, unless you're suggesting everyone who has had a regular dream is lying.

Edited by Glorfindel, 18 February 2013 - 02:35 AM.

#9    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

You're wasting your time. You'll either get an angry reply about how no one has to prove anything to you, or it'll be an incomprehensible mess of words that'll go into one about dreams and the like. I've asked for proof of the paranormal before and never got any. I'd love for it to be real but it just seems like a bunch of immature adults lying to each other.

Let the children have their fantasies, okay? They do no harm anyhow.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#10    Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

I hope you're not honestly suggesting my posts were incomprehensible, the message is very clear. Leaving the body is fake, lucid dreaming is real (not real in the sense that a dream is anything more than a dream, just that people can and do experience dreams, obviously). So to ask people to "prove it" means you're mistakenly expecting there to be some sort of paranormal aspect to these experiences, or you are just ignorant of the information on OBE's and incapable of sifting through the new age mumbo jumbo to get to the practical aspects.

Edited by Glorfindel, 18 February 2013 - 02:46 AM.

#11    Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

So you are right, he is wasting his time.

#12    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

Glorfindel, on 18 February 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

I hope you're not honestly suggesting my posts were incomprehensible, the message is very clear. Leaving the body is fake, lucid dreaming is real (not real in the sense that a dream is anything more than a dream, just that people can and do experience dreams, obviously). So to ask people to "prove it" means you're mistakenly expecting there to be some sort of paranormal aspect to these experiences, or you are just ignorant of the information on OBE's and incapable of sifting through the new age mumbo jumbo to get to the practical aspects.

Wasn't aiming my post at you. I know Lucid dreaming is real, it happens to me a lot because, probably to do with the Sleep Paralysis and insomnia. It's cool but I don't get these people who think it's some ethereal ability...it's a dream ffs.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#13    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Glorfindel, on 18 February 2013 - 01:23 AM, said:

"out of body" travel

Ahhh ok.  Thanks for answering my question :)

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#14    Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

I agree it is only a dream, there's nothing concrete to suggest otherwise. But I practiced long enough to know you really can reach some profound mental states through it. It's just equally as frustrating getting through to total skeptics as it is to total believers, its as if they think altered states of counciousness don't happen period. People believe it is not a dream because the councious exit is much more profound then lucid dreaming, and because the sleep state is skipped during councious exit (due to sleep paralysis) the practitioner is very councious and aware, but like I said, that passes and the environment becomes more dream like. Anyways, sorry if I'm off topic, but the whole proposition of this thread is based off ignorance of the subject matter on multiple counts, so I thought it was relevant.

#15    Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

Lava_Lady, on 18 February 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

Ahhh ok.  Thanks for answering my question :)

Actually "Out of Body Experience", and no problem ma'am :)

Edited by Glorfindel, 18 February 2013 - 03:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users