Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Why They Do It

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,447 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 18 February 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

It's just simply that they believe they are getting away with it, the power they weild on society, holding an entire town (sometimes a entire nation) at ransom, and they keep believing that until the day they get caught, even then most are in denial that they were caught, they go through their trial believing they still can get away with it. Until they are found guilty and what you see are the expressions of bewilderment on their faces. How can this be ? How can they catch me ?

Today, the sad thing is that they are beginning to not care whether they get away or not at all, they know how to "get away with it" and never be caught : they kill themselves.

Suicide seems like it's more the rule than the exception. It doesn't matter if it's done by the person or the police. Most of the killers want to go out in a blaze of glory. They don't care if they take no people with them. They don't care if they take a billion people with them. I'm referring to their suicides BTW. I always want the killers to be apprehended and prosecuted so that we can gain more insights into their methods and motivations. It might save lives.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#32    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,447 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 18 February 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

You could have another answer there,another reason i say it could be these medicines they prescibe is how and why they prescribe them.Lots of doctors throw these things around like candy.I went to the doctor around 7 months back because my ability to sleep had gotten very bad,and my muscles started to spasm alot.So this one genius writes me something for depression and says it helps with anxiety.I had neither but that was his diagnosis.I didnt take the stuff went to another doc and found out i was correct wasnt my problem at all.He couldnt believe i was given that for my problem.

When people take those meds some dont take them consistently either,that can create a monster of its own right there.

Those are all good points. Just so people don't get the wrong idea, I support giving medication to people who need and want them, people whose lives are improved by taking the medication. I'm cool with that. Like you said, they're definitely not for all people in all situations.

#33    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,447 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

View Postwolfknight, on 18 February 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Some people are just born mean and evil. Some are made mean and evil due to somerthing triggering it. Most serial murderers, an rapist do it becasue they se nothing wrong with it. They enjoy the Fame the Hunt The Kill or the Rape. In their mind just another day at the office.

That cuts to the chase, and it's true. It's likely a perfect storm of nature and nurture in most cases. The killers' lives bring their psychopathic genes to the surface. Their environments nurse their pathologies.

#34    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 19 February 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

There's a new theory that Adam Lanza tried to copy Anders Breivik. He evidently wished to murder more people. It reminded me of an earlier post that I typed. Some individuals would be mass murderers or serial murderers if they faced no punishment for their crimes. Look at the number of Americans who say things like "nuke Iran" or "nuke Iraq". How many of them would do it if they would have the chance. How many of these callous people match the last sentence in your post? It's a scary thought!

Added a new twist to the conversation with that thought,are they just saying it because they know it's someone elses decision?Or would they do it themselves given the chance?

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#35    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,447 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 19 February 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

Added a new twist to the conversation with that thought,are they just saying it because they know it's someone elses decision?Or would they do it themselves given the chance?

It makes you wonder how many people could or would kill groups with a flip of the switch if they could so without getting punished. They could do it in anonymity. I hope that they comprise a tiny minority of the population, but you wonder when you look at certain experiments about blind obedience to authority. Many hidden fans of tyrants come out of the woodwork when the tyrants seize power too.

#36    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,376 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 19 February 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

It makes you wonder how many people could or would kill groups with a flip of the switch if they could so without getting punished. They could do it in anonymity. I hope that they comprise a tiny minority of the population, but you wonder when you look at certain experiments about blind obedience to authority. Many hidden fans of tyrants come out of the woodwork when the tyrants seize power too.

This could be the creepiest post of all because it is so true.You never honestly know what most are thinking and how being completely anonymous without threat of punishment would or could change their behavior.

I know i pretty much repeated exactly what you said,but your point was almost to well made haha.

Edited by CrimsonKing, 19 February 2013 - 07:11 AM.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#37    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,447 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 19 February 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

This could be the creepiest post of all because it is so true.You never honestly know what most are thinking and how being completely anonymous without threat of punishment would or could change their behavior.

I know i pretty much repeated exactly what you said,but your point was almost to well made haha.

Thanks, CK. Your second sentence explains why many people act like jerks on forums and websites. They think that they can insult complete strangers with impunity. It could be that their anonymity brings forth their true selves, which is a disturbing thought.

#38    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,376 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

Exactly right!I myself come across as a jerk sometimes and i know i do,sometimes i do not mean to just one of those people.I can never meet or talk to someone and the moment,i do they for some reason cannot stand me lol.When i am a jerk when i am online and i know i am being one i would say the same thing to their face,i do not pride myself on being a keyboard warrior lol.

One of my favorite actors once said "I can't get in a mild disscussion without turning it into a argument.There must be something in my tone of voice,or this arrogant face-something that antagonizes everybody.Nobody likes me on sight." Humphrey Bogart

Almost describes me completely :lol:

#39    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,629 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Bogey and Bacall ... Ahh... She's a vision for sore eyes she is .........

Attached File  Hell180-Lauren_Bacall.jpg   117.48K   4 downloads

Edited by third_eye, 20 February 2013 - 04:56 PM.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#40    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

As much as I think anti-depressants are a culprit in the majority of cases, I also think a lot of these guys have nowhere else to turn (Chris Dorner).  WATCH THIS!  This is only the trailer but you can find the full documentary online or on Netflix.

https://www.youtube....h?v=_3bNWtXhH8o

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#41    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,447 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 20 February 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

As much as I think anti-depressants are a culprit in the majority of cases, I also think a lot of these guys have nowhere else to turn (Chris Dorner).  WATCH THIS!  This is only the trailer but you can find the full documentary online or on Netflix.

https://www.youtube....h?v=_3bNWtXhH8o

Dorner was represented during his hearings, though. He thanked the man by killing his daughter. He could have turned to many people and many places before he murdered his first victim. After that, he indeed had nowhere to turn.

#42    spursfan

spursfan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

Taking anti depressents has nothing to do with mass murder and its a slur to say people who take them are more prone to violence towards others, maybe to themselves as some AD's increase suicidiality in the early stages of someone taking them but  not to others.

Mathew bryant and adam lanza both suffered from autism, but just because of that i ain't going to tar all autistic people as being dangerous, and no one should do so. Its ridiculous to say such things.

Here in the uk none of the many mass murderers/spree killers we've had have i ever even heard of any connection to anti depressants.

Edited by spursfan, 26 February 2013 - 03:41 AM.

#43    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,376 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

View Postspursfan, on 26 February 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

Taking anti depressents has nothing to do with mass murder and its a slur to say people who take them are more prone to violence towards others, maybe to themselves as some AD's increase suicidiality in the early stages of someone taking them but  not to others.

Mathew bryant and adam lanza both suffered from autism, but just because of that i ain't going to tar all autistic people as being dangerous, and no one should do so. Its ridiculous to say such things.

Here in the uk none of the many mass murderers/spree killers we've had have i ever even heard of any connection to anti depressants.

I do not recall anyone here saying that all who take these medications are more prone to violence towards others.Some of these meds can make people have extreme mood swings if not taken properly and even in some who do take them properly.The point is an individual brain can act extremely different to these meds than another,we can never be sure how one will react to them until taken and monitored.So read through the whole post before getting all upset and saying this is equal to a slur lol

#44    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,447 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

View Postspursfan, on 26 February 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

No one did that. We simply stated facts, some of which may not be PC in the UK. I never said that psychotropic drugs caused all such crimes. I said that they likely caused or worsened the problems of *some* killers. They were contributing factors in *some* murders. I suggest that you read and study certain reports that show links. It's strange that the use of such medication coincided with a rise in such shootings. That said, most autistic and psychotic individuals aren't multiple-victim murderers, of course. I never meant to imply that they were. I and other people mentioned that they sometimes were harmed by the introduction of psychotropic drugs into their vulnerable systems. It's indisputable that many people experience side effects from medications designed to treat ills of the body. Why would psychopharmacology be different?

#45    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,376 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 26 February 2013 - 04:12 AM, said:

No one did that. We simply stated facts, some of which may not be PC in the UK. I never said that psychotropic drugs caused all such crimes. I said that they likely caused or worsened the problems of *some* killers. They were contributing factors in *some* murders. I suggest that you read and study certain reports that show links. It's strange that the use of such medication coincided with a rise in such shootings. That said, most autistic and psychotic individuals aren't multiple-victim murderers, of course. I never meant to imply that they were. I and other people mentioned that they sometimes were harmed by the introduction of psychotropic drugs into their vulnerable systems. It's indisputable that many people experience side effects from medications designed to treat ills of the body. Why would psychopharmacology be different?

Sometimes people need a bit more time to interpret what has been said instead of reading to far into one or two posts :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users