Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Strange 'slime' baffles at nature reserve

rspb ham wall nature reserve jelly-like slime

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostCoffey, on 18 February 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

This has happened before somewhere else hasn't it? I forgot what they said it was last time.
it has happened for centuries, literally. That kind of stuff is described by Charles Fort numerous times, and i can recall reading old german reports about "Sternenrotz" (star snot) that date back to the 18th century. (If anyone is interested i have to look it up again). Dunno what it actually is, either.

EDIT: i just found an e-book version of the book "Allgemeine Biologie" (common biology) by Paul Kammerer (published in 1915). He rules out frog eggs or any other animal source, claiming that it is a sort of fungus. So, i guess it's not so easy to say "definetly frog eggs"...

Edited by Jacques Terreur, 20 February 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#17    wimfloppp

wimfloppp

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

reminds me of that 1950s film ,the body snatchers.

#18    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,478 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostCRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 19 February 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

I heard if you smear it on your face its good for your complexion.  :yes:

I heard quite the opposite.  If you even touch it, you will feel like you've just been toed in the hole!  (pain & nausea) :cry:

#19    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 20 February 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

it has happened for centuries, literally. That kind of stuff is described by Charles Fort numerous times, and i can recall reading old german reports about "Sternenrotz" (star snot) that date back to the 18th century. (If anyone is interested i have to look it up again). Dunno what it actually is, either.

EDIT: i just found an e-book version of the book "Allgemeine Biologie" (common biology) by Paul Kammerer (published in 1915). He rules out frog eggs or any other animal source, claiming that it is a sort of fungus. So, i guess it's not so easy to say "definetly frog eggs"...

That's really intresting then. Thanks for the info, never knew there was reports thta far back either. :tu:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#20    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• 1,352 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostCoffey, on 20 February 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

That's really intresting then. Thanks for the info, never knew there was reports thta far back either. :tu:
If you got some time on your hands, read "the book of the damned" by Charles H. Fort! you'll get to know more about raining fish or mysterious Jelly than you ever begged for! ;)

#21    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostEldorado, on 20 February 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

I heard quite the opposite.  If you even touch it, you will feel like you've just been toed in the hole!  (pain & nausea) :cry:

Wha?!  LMAO!   Ok, with that advice, I'm sure to never touch anything similar!!  But you're speaking of the ear or nose "hole" right?   Cuz that would be painful and could cause nausea.

Edited by Lava_Lady, 20 February 2013 - 05:46 PM.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#22    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 20 February 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

If you got some time on your hands, read "the book of the damned" by Charles H. Fort! you'll get to know more about raining fish or mysterious Jelly than you ever begged for! ;)

I will defintily note that book down and check it out at some point, thanks. :tu:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users