Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China muscles US in Pacific

Uncle Sam

WITHIN two decades the United States will be forced out of the western Pacific, says a senior Chinese military officer, amid concerns that increasingly militarised great-power rivalry could lead to war.

Senior Colonel Liu Mingfu, at the People's Liberation Army's National Defence University, told Fairfax Media this week that American strategic influence would be confined ''east of the Pacific midline'' as it is displaced by Chinese power throughout east Asia, including Australia.

Colonel Liu's interpretation of one facet of what the new Chinese leader, Xi Jinping, calls ''a new type of great-power relationship'' adds to the uncertainty and anxiety surrounding China's strategic ambitions.

It clashes with comments days earlier by his university colleague, General Zhu Chenghu, who told a conference in the US: ''We have no intention of driving the US out of east Asia or the western Pacific."

Read more: http://www.brisbanet...l#ixzz2LKFgQkPe

Like I been saying ever since China started building up their Navy and Army, China is preparing for war and expansion under the disguise for peace. Now their drive for expansion isn't being hide anymore, it is becoming for front of China's Policy and they are bullying other nations. If the world were to stop dealing with China, the threat would slowly disappear, but if we continue we will find ourselves in war with them.

Edited by Uncle Sam

O n the outskirts of Shanghai, in a run-down neighbourhood dominated by a 12-story white office tower, sits a People’s Liberation Army base for China’s growing corps of cyberwarriors. The building off Datong Road is the headquarters of PLA Unit 61398.

A growing body of digital forensic evidence – confirmed by U.S. intelligence officials who say they have tapped into the activity of the army unit for years – leaves little doubt that an overwhelming percentage of the attacks on U.S. corporations, organizations and government agencies originate in and around the white tower.

Read more: http://www.theglobea...250/?cmpid=rss1

Here is China targeting the U.S. and Other Country's vital infrastructures very cyber attacks, origins confirmed and linked directly to PLA.

Edited by Uncle Sam

ISLAMABAD: China's acquisition of a strategic port in Pakistan is the latest addition to its drive to secure energy and maritime routes and gives it a potential naval base in the Arabian Sea, unsettling India.

The Pakistani Cabinet on January 30 approved the transfer of Gwadar port, a commercial failure cut off from the national road network, from Singapore's PSA International to the state-owned China Overseas Port Holdings Limited.

The Pakistanis pitched the deal as an energy and trade corridor that would connect China to the Arabian Sea and Strait of Hormuz, a gateway for a third of the world's traded oil, overland through an expanded Karakoram Highway.

Experts say it would slash thousands of kilometres off the distance oil and gas imports from Africa and the Middle East have to be transported to reach China, making Gwadar a potentially vital link in its supply chain.

China paid about 75 percent of the initial US$250 million used to build the port, but in 2007 PSA International won a 40-year lease with then-ruler Pervez Musharraf.

Read More: http://www.channelne...1254751/1/.html

China's Navy reach expands into the vital shipping lanes for oil. Can be used to stranglehold other nation's oil supply, mainly the Asian nations that it is currently in land dispute with.

Edited by Uncle Sam

TOKYO: Chinese government ships were in waters around disputed East China Sea islands on Monday, Japan’s coastguard said, as a senior Japanese diplomat prepared for meetings in Beijing aimed at mending frayed ties.

Three state-run Maritime Surveillance vessels were clocked in seas off the Tokyo-controlled Senkaku Islands, which Beijing calls the Diaoyus and claims as its own, the coastguard said.

Kyodo news agency reported that Japan had made a formal protest to China about what it believes is an incursion into its sovereign waters.

It was the latest in a series of incidents at sea that have also included confrontations between warships, with Japan claiming that Chinese vessels locked their weapons-targeting radar onto a ship and a helicopter.

Beijing denied the charge, which rang alarm bells for commentators already warning of the growing possibility of a military exchange that could have disastrous consequences for the region.

Read More: http://manilatimes.n...ith-japan-again

Beijing is harassing Japan again, this is leading more strain that could push Japan and U.S. into war with China.

Edited by Uncle Sam

Setting stiff conditions for improving ties with the Vatican, China on Monday said the new pope should sever links with Taiwan and stop interfering in its internal affairs in the name of religion.

Asked for China's expectation from the next pontiff after Pope Benedict last week said he would quit, a Chinese foreign ministry spokesman said the Vatican should "sever diplomatic ties with Taiwan and recognise People's Republic of China as solely representing whole of China and Taiwan as an inalienable part of Chinese territory".

The Vatican should not interfere in China's internal affairs including interference in the name of religion, spokesman Hong Lei told a media briefing in Beijing.

China hopes the Vatican will show flexibility and sincerity in creating conditions for the improvement of China-Vatican ties under the new pope, he said.

Christianity is regarded as the fast growing religion next to Buddhism in communist China.

Read More: http://www.rediff.co...an/20130218.htm

China demands the Vatican to severe links with Vietnam.

Edited by Uncle Sam

Very true sam though lots now days see no threats from anywhere,choosing instead to bury their heads in the sand and buy their cheap goods.Hell most still think Russia is this weakling country broken by the cold war when the reality is far from true.The Russian bear is waking aswell.

President Benigno Aquino 3rd has accused China of harassing two Philippine fishing boats in disputed Western Philippine Sea (South China Sea) waters, allegedly driving out one that had sheltered from rough seas.

Speaking on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Switzerland, Aquino said that the two incidents at the Panatag (Scarborough) shoal had led to Manila seeking United Nations arbitration this week over the territorial dispute.

The President, who did not say when the incidents occurred, said “Chinese vessels” approached to within nine meters of a Filipino fishing boat near the shoal.

Read more: http://www.manilatim...ph-boats-aquino

China Harassed Philippines boats...

Very true sam though lots now days see no threats from anywhere,choosing instead to bury their heads in the sand and buy their cheap goods.Hell most still think Russia is this weakling country broken by the cold war when the reality is far from true.The Russian bear is waking aswell.

I'm hoping by posting all the harassment and violations of international laws, the threats and offensive attacks committed by China all together on the forums, people will get the scope of the danger China is.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

BEIJING — Bitter maritime disputes between China and its neighbors have recently sent fighter jets scrambling, ignited violent protests, and seen angry fishermen thrown in jail. But beneath all the bellicose rhetoric and threatening posture, China also has been waging a quiet campaign, using ancient documents, academic research, maps and technical data to bolster its territorial claims.

Read more: http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-02-15/world/37108248_1_diaoyu-islands-china-and-japan-senkaku-islands

China rages a quite war of maps with neighbors. China is trying to force its borders on other nations...

BEIJING: Within two decades the US will be forced out of the western Pacific, says a high-ranking Chinese military officer, amid concerns that increasingly militarised great power rivalry could lead to war.

Senior Colonel Liu Mingfu, at the People's Liberation Army's National Defence University, told Fairfax Media this week that American strategic influence would be confined ''east of the Pacific midline'' as it is displaced by Chinese power throughout East Asia, including Australia.

Colonel Liu's interpretation of one facet of what the new Chinese leader, Xi Jinping, calls ''a new type of great power relationship'' adds to the uncertainty and anxiety surrounding China's strategic ambitions.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/day-will-come-when-we-must-choose-us-or-china-20130215-2eijr.html#ixzz2LKLukigt

Day will come when nations must choose: China or America?

Everyone thinks the middle east is the coming war ,but its always just been,the EAST .

This makes me so sad .

Everyone thinks the middle east is the coming war ,but its always just been,the EAST .

This makes me so sad .

No simbi i think it will be Russia that starts the next big one,i just have a feeling i cannot shake on this subject that this is the answer.

I would not be at all surprised to see Russia and China have a confrontation over Pacific Naval influence... As Russia begins to expand its influence it will look to base more and more of it's fleet out of the Pacific - much easier access to the worlds oceans there rather than to try and run the (intel) gauntlet of the GIUK gap (Greenland, Iceland, UK) or the Med... So I can see them butting heads with China over Salt Water access through the Sea of Japan...

There is still some historical tension between Russia and China over Mongolia - so I see this as a real possibility before I see a showdown with the US Fleet...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

The Chinese call their land the "Middle Kingdom". I asked about that once and it was explained to me that in Chinese it means they are at the center of the earth.

• Like 1

The Chinese call their land the "Middle Kingdom". I asked about that once and it was explained to me that in Chinese it means they are at the center of the earth.

According to every world map I've ever looked at Africa and Europe are the center of the world.

Like I been saying ever since China started building up their Navy and Army, China is preparing for war and expansion under the disguise for peace. Now their drive for expansion isn't being hide anymore, it is becoming for front of China's Policy and they are bullying other nations. If the world were to stop dealing with China, the threat would slowly disappear, but if we continue we will find ourselves in war with them.

They should be fortifying there military they have the money to do it thanks to us and the world is unstable. If I was them I would want the same.

Here is China targeting the U.S. and Other Country's vital infrastructures very cyber attacks, origins confirmed and linked directly to PLA.

Dont underestimate the ability of hackers to proxy at that level. Cyber attacks have unknown origins unless they are admitted too or the hacker is very stupid.

China's Navy reach expands into the vital shipping lanes for oil. Can be used to stranglehold other nation's oil supply, mainly the Asian nations that it is currently in land dispute with.

Nothing worse then we do. We do not lead by example in this department.

Beijing is harassing Japan again, this is leading more strain that could push Japan and U.S. into war with China.

None of those countries mentioned wants a war.

China Harassed Philippines boats...

Hopefully we stay out of it. We have enough problems at home.

China is doing what all emerging superpowers have done: tested the limits of other superpowers. The US routinely did this with the Soviet Union, overtly and covertly, on a number of occasions. But the thing is this: China doesn't want war. Sure, it is increasing the size of it's naval forces but they are still a long way away from being a threat to both American interests and assets in the region. Yes, China has an aircraft carrier, but it is their sole aircraft carrier and it was a refurbishment of an old Russian carrier that had been rusting away for close to two decades. And even then, it isn't on par both in size and quite possibly aircraft carried, as it's basically the same size as the sorts of carriers that are currently in service with countries like Italy, Thailand and Spain.

China's navy is still years away from becoming close enough to match that of even the US carrier force in Japan, but neither of the two countries will actually want to go to war with one another. Remember, China is still dependent on American debt. If that debt gets cut off, it could mean a whole world of trouble for the Chinese economy (and pretty much those of US allies like Australia and somewhat NZ who depend on Chinese exports).

No simbi i think it will be Russia that starts the next big one,i just have a feeling i cannot shake on this subject that this is the answer.

The next true war, will be Russia, China, the UN, and Egypt vs the U.S.A. and isreal.

The next true war, will be Russia, China, the UN, and Egypt vs the U.S.A. and isreal.

Edited by danielost

this is about China, not israel nor Russia or Egypt

Egypt vs the USA?!! Seriously....

this is about China, not israel nor Russia or Egypt

Currently, China can't go to war with the USA we're feeding them. They took to many farmers off the farm and put them in factories.

Currently, China can't go to war with the USA we're feeding them. They took to many farmers off the farm and put them in factories.

China is trying to bully everyone in the Pacific not just US

China is doing what it believes is right for their national interests, they arnt doing anything "Wrong".

There pollution problem could considered to be wrong and some of there Human Rights would be considered wrong.

However if Az sold them all there natural resources its not Chinas fault they bought them. And it certainly justifies them maintaining a sizable navy if they have to bring said bought resources back to China.

So China wants to be top dog in its own back yard. Nothing wrong with that. Now if they were forcing the US out of the Caribbean sea or the Atlantic, that would be a different matter. Those areas are the exclusive domain of the US.

Of course China may well find itself butting heads with not just the US, but also Japan and India over its territorial ambitions. As yet, their blue water navy is definitely inferior to that of the US, so they wont be pushing too hard if the US stands up to them a few times