Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Feeling like I'm dreaming?

lucid dream state weird unrealistic

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    xXSolemnDemonXx

xXSolemnDemonXx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

After having a lucid dream, one night, I woke up feeling like I was dreaming. I walked out into the living room, saying, "Is this real?" I touched my face and arms and I couldn't feel anything. The lighting was different, as if I were dreaming. I thought I was either dead or dreaming. I went back to sleep and I was fine when I woke up. Is this normal?

Edited by xXSolemnDemonXx, 19 February 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#2    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostxXSolemnDemonXx, on 19 February 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

After having a lucid dream, one night, I woke up feeling like I was dreaming. I walked out into the living room, saying, "Is this real?" I touched my face and arms and I couldn't feel anything. The lighting was different, as if I were dreaming. I thought I was either dead or dreaming. I went back to sleep and I was fine when I woke up. Is this normal?

Sounds almost like night terrors,i am no expert on dreaming though.I have crazy ones of my own that i do not understand lol

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#3    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

False Awakening.

Weird things, especially if you end up in a chain of them, freaky. It's like you'll never wake up and forever be subject to a repeated simulation.

And and NEVER look at Mirrors...ever.

Edited by Sean93, 19 February 2013 - 12:25 PM.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#4    John from Lowell

John from Lowell

Psychic Spy

• 1,793 posts

• Self Love Unlocks the Magic Inside

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Hi,

I would say not a common experience but not unique either.

What We Are Never Changes !!

Who We Are Is Always Changing !!!

#5    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,512 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostxXSolemnDemonXx, on 19 February 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

Normal enough. ;) a false awakening.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#6    xXSolemnDemonXx

xXSolemnDemonXx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 19 February 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Normal enough. ;) a false awakening.

I was actually awake, though.

#7    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,512 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostxXSolemnDemonXx, on 20 February 2013 - 06:37 AM, said:

I was actually awake, though.
Ahhhhh got it. Yes you were probably still lingering in the hypnagogic layer of conciousness. Fairly rare to have it last so long like that being able to walk around and things. I have only experienced it myself through meditation.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#8    spayneuter

spayneuter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• Live Long And Prosper.
    Please spay and neuter.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

I started experimenting with lucid dreaming.  The trick is to know you are dreaming and then control your dream to make sure.  It takes a lot of concentration and is difficult to maintain.  I did it a few times but didn't like the results when it would go sideways on me.  So I quit trying.

What a man dwells on, he becomes.

#9    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• 1,400 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostSean93, on 19 February 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Why not?

I had a chain of false awakening in one dream. Like 5 times in a row, to the point that I couldn't tell if this wake up is real or not... !!!??

#10    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

• No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostSean93, on 19 February 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

False Awakening.

Weird things, especially if you end up in a chain of them, freaky. It's like you'll never wake up and forever be subject to a repeated simulation.

why is looking at mirrors so bad?

#11    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

• No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

I get dreams like that too, before sleep paralysis kicks in, but not all the time, sometimes I wake up in bed like nothing ever happened

#12    xXSolemnDemonXx

xXSolemnDemonXx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

View PostHimawari69, on 21 March 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

why is looking at mirrors so bad?
If you look at a mirror while dreaming, it could become distorted and sometimes scary.

#13    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

Ahhh now that I think about it I did have a dream once and I looked at my mirror, it didnt get distorted but it was flashing all kinds of lights,it scared the living daylights out of me

#14    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• 1,400 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostxXSolemnDemonXx, on 23 March 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

If you look at a mirror while dreaming, it could become distorted and sometimes scary.
I remember someone said the same thing before; deja vu

Edited by FlyingAngel, 28 March 2013 - 09:12 PM.

Also tagged with lucid, dream, state, weird, unrealistic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users