Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Leonard Peltier's 37 years unjust imprisonmen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Toronto vigil to remember that, as of February 6, 2013, Leonard Peltier will have unjustly spent a total of 13,505 days in some of the worst prisons in the U.S.

Toronto (06 Feb. 2013) - The 20th Annual Traditional Prayer Vigil and Feast for Leonard Peltier is being held on February 6 in Toronto. The vigil commemorates the date of his arrest in Canada on this date in 1976.

This year, the vigil recognizes and acts in solidarity with the IDLE NO MORE movement. In light of the continued efforts of community members to protect Indigenous rights and the Land, Elders and speakers will offer prayers and raise awareness of the common struggles during Peltier's time with today's issues.

Read More:

Posted Image

#2    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,678 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

The Peltier case is a travesty, and a fine demonstration of how unjust the american system is.

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,106 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

A differing view for those not familiar with the Peltier case:

http://www.aimmythbu...ier-should.html

Personally, I have to agree with the point made by the author - the Peltier case has been reviewed countless times over the almost four decades since his conviction and it has always been found to be sound.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users